Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA on TAi

Go down 
+6
jarda
Roger
A-J
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Tarunyada
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AAA on TAi

As you may have noticed, AAA is a pretty confusing company. They produced a very wide range of animal figurines, and no one knows exactly what they made. But they also manufactured molds for other companies. They also made the same species in different scales. There are a lot figurines which we labelled as 'large' and 'small' variations. How do we keep track of all these animal figurines? I must say, I have no clue Laughing

AAA does not seem to sell under their own name at all. Companies that sell AAA molds include ELC, Mamejo, Ravensden and Yolanda. In the 1990s Schleich and Bullyland sold several figurines with AAA molds. Identification is by either a triangle of three As or a single A in a circle.

There are a few lists with animal ranges online on TAi at the moment. When adding animal figurines, we keep noticing 'new' figurines. And there's the problem of naming all the figurines.

You can find the AAA section on TAi by clicking here. These are the ranges you can find there:

• Amphibians
  • Arthropods
  • Birds
  • Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life
  • Dogs and Cats
  • Farm Life
  • Mammals
  • Molluscs
  • Reptiles
  • Sea Life

To obtain a complete list of AAA figurines (as far as we can get it complete), we need help of all STS members. Besides, we have a very specific question about AAA elephants.. You can help us with:

1. Information about the AAA company in general
  2. Information (photograph and/or clear description) of figurines that are missing on TAi
  3. Information about all AAA elephants: different sizes (small/large), poses, adult/calf, etc.

If you have any information about any of the above matters or any others concerning AAA, please comment on this topic or send one of the TAi contributors a PM. We would be very happy with any information of photographs to add to TAi!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Great topic, Julie cheers

With some good teamwork, we may make TAI the only REALLY good site about AAA bounce Very Happy

PS : For people who are so kind to make photos, please put a Lego block, AAA battery, or other World-Wide-Wellknown thing close to the model.
As Julie writes, there are many similar models, where only the size makes the difference. scratch

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:24 pm

I have a map on my computer with photos of some AAA animals (that I also sent to Susanne in the past Wink).
I have no other information about AAA at all study Neutral

Hope others can help and that we indeed can make the AAA page on TAI a great informative page cheers

A-J

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 pm

I was looking through the list of AAA mammals listed on TAI. And noticed that there are some animals without picture that I have on my shelf and should be able to take a picture of.
Those animals I believe are:

- Elephant calf
- Two (grizzly) bears cubs. One older one that's eating a leaf and a newer one
- Panda cub (not even listed I think)
- A jaguar/leapard cub (also not listed)
- And I have a ringtailed lemur that is grey instead of brownish grey that's listed, though I'm not sure if colour variations are also important.

I can't take any pictures right now (it's dark here so the pictures would be horrible).

Shall I take some pictures for TAI when I can? I don't know how to upload them to TAI but I'm sure I can figure out a way Wink

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:47 pm

A-J wrote:
I was looking through the list of AAA mammals listed on TAI. And noticed that there are some animals without picture that I have on my shelf and should be able to take a picture of.
Those animals I believe are:

- Elephant calf
- Two (grizzly) bears cubs. One older one that's eating a leaf and a newer one
- Panda cub (not even listed I think)
- A jaguar/leapard cub (also not listed)
- And I have a ringtailed lemur that is grey instead of brownish grey that's listed, though I'm not sure if colour variations are also important.  

I can't take any pictures right now (it's dark here so the pictures would be horrible).

Shall I take some pictures for TAI when I can? I don't know how to upload them to TAI but I'm sure I can figure out a way Wink

Anne-Joke, thanks for your reply! That would be great! We are waiting with uploading the elephants, for we have to figure out how many there were made and in which scales and such. I can tell you how to upload the pictures to TAi (you first have to PM/e-mail Tim for an account), but you can also send the pictures to me so I can upload them.

Thanks in advance and take your time!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 2:56 am

I can create a contributor account to Anne-Joke if needed. :)

AAA is a big problem indeed. It is basically a manufacturer or the branding of a manufacturer that works mostly in ODM (original design manufacturer) projects.
It means that AAA designs and produces these figures that can be later be sold to other companies. That's the reason why we see the same molds in brands like Mamejo, Ravensden, Yolanda, long ago in Bullyland, Safari or even Schleich. ELC seems to be a slightly diferent story, most of their figures we don't see being sold under other brand names what could mean that ELC worked in OEM (original equipment manufacturer) , it means the buyer copany developes the project and another company manufactures them according with what is requested. I know ELC also sold some molds that we can see in other brands. Though, some figures like the marten, hedgehog and others from ELC I can't remember seeing reused.
So, it puts us in a never ending task and we have to simplify a little in my opinion.
I suggest that, instead of different pages to color variations, that are really a lot, we use a single page to each mold under each picture, we can tell the brand name it was sold if known as I did with your manatee. Just edit it to see how to do it.
We can use different pages to same mold figures in traditional situations like white tigers, different species or subspecies, etc.
So, no pages to Mamejo, Yolanda or Ravensden collections that use AAA. If we ever find a catalogue with a complete selection of figures used by these brands, we can make the lists in these brand pages but linking directly to AAA figure pages.
It is being already done with Wildepedia sets from Wild Republic. As they use small Nayab figures, we're linking directly to Nayab figures as you can see with the North American Animals.
Obviously, we know that most brands use other manufacturers and we won't do it to the majority of other companies. But AAA is another story.
I think I have also a few AAA missing on TAI but my pictures are a pain. If nobody provides them, so I take pictures to upload there too. Very Happy

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:36 am

Somebody posted on STS lot of catalog pictures from Italian vendor Edilio Parodi. Not complete all-time AAA range but the best source about AAA animal production I ever found...
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:48 am

Roger, thanks for the information! I think it's a good idea to put colour variations in the same page, such as Anne-Joke's brown instead of grey ring-tailed lemur. But except for the different (sub)species, such as the orange/white tigers indeed!

jarda wrote:
Somebody posted o STS lot of catalog pictures from Italian vendor Edilio Parodi. Not coplete all-time AAA range but the best source about AAA animal production I ever found...

Indeed, I found it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I made a list in Word with all figurines and product numbers (pfew, that was a lot of work xD). Some interested paterns can be seen there. The reason that I didn't rename the AAA figurines on TAi with these product numbers is because we're not sure if this catalogue is an original AAA catalogue or some sort of product guide from the Italian vendor, Edilio Parodi. I contacted Thitanium Prince (the one whom shared these pictures) if he can help us out with the origin of the catalogue pages.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Roger, thanks for the information! I think it's a good idea to put colour variations in the same page, such as Anne-Joke's brown instead of grey ring-tailed lemur. But except for the different (sub)species, such as the orange/white tigers indeed!

jarda wrote:
Somebody posted o STS lot of catalog pictures from Italian vendor Edilio Parodi. Not coplete all-time AAA range but the best source about AAA animal production I ever found...

Indeed, I found it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I made a list in Word with all figurines and product numbers (pfew, that was a lot of work xD). Some interested paterns can be seen there. The reason that I didn't rename the AAA figurines on TAi with these product numbers is because we're not sure if this catalogue is an original AAA catalogue or some sort of product guide from the Italian vendor, Edilio Parodi. I contacted Thitanium Prince (the one whom shared these pictures) if he can help us out with the origin of the catalogue pages.

Julie, I am glad you like my suggestions. It is better to ignore these numbers while creating pages on TAI, you can use them on the ifgure info table as you see with the anteater, once it is easy to change if needed. When opening links to new pages, it is better without numbers once I find several different numbers to the same figures. Emma [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], used to sell AAA in here online shop, maybe she has a catalogue or some more info she can provide. study

Tarunyada

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

jarda wrote:

Julie, I am glad you like my suggestions. It is better to ignore these numbers while creating pages on TAI, you can use them on the ifgure info table as you see with the anteater, once it is easy to change if needed. When opening links to new pages, it is better without numbers once I find several different numbers to the same figures. Emma [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], used to sell AAA in here online shop, maybe she has a catalogue or some more info she can provide. study

I understand that it's best to avoid these product numbers in a figure's name, but sometimes it could be helpful with figurines that have great resemblance. For example, product numbers could avoid names like 'tiger sitting roaring left paw up, white', if you know what I mean Laughing

May I ask on which you based that giant anteater's product number? I found the same figurine on eBay here; it has the same product number. The anteater's product number on the AAA catalogue pages from Thitanium Prince has another product number (34110), which may conclude that these pages are indeed just a product guide of Edilio Parodi, and not AAA originals.

Thanks for the tip, I'll contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], see if she can help us any further.

Thanks, Roger! cheers Crocodile

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Tarunyada wrote:

May I ask on which you based that giant anteater's product number? I found the same figurine on eBay here; it has the same product number. The anteater's product number on the AAA catalogue pages from Thitanium Prince has another product number (34110), which may conclude that these pages are indeed just a product guide of Edilio Parodi, and not AAA originals.

I used the exact same source as you linked. That shop/seller is very consistent with these numbers, though, I dont' have any warranty they represent the manufacturer product numbers and that's the reason why I haven't used them on page names.
I understand and agree that it will be hard to find names to all figures if we don't use these numbers, but we can always rename later these pages when we find a trustworthy source.
I am really happy you're working AAA section... really!!! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Roger, thanks for the information! I think it's a good idea to put colour variations in the same page, such as Anne-Joke's brown instead of grey ring-tailed lemur. But except for the different (sub)species, such as the orange/white tigers indeed.....

Soory if I missed something, - but colour variations does apply to variations meant to be different species like these ? Or ? Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BTW, does anybody have the black/white one with tail up ? And what species is he ? A Vari ? study

Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:14 pm

These three use the same mold but they represent different species.
According with my suggestion, we should creat an individual page to each of them.
- AAA Ring-Tailed Lemur
- AAA Red Ruffed Lemur
- AAA Black-and-White Ruffed Lemur

Different species, different pages.
Then, the traditional animal color variations also different pages.
The same tiger in orange has a page and in white as a different page.
Normal leopard has a page, same mold black leopard as a different page.

Though, I don't think we need to create different pages for grey elephant, light grey elephant, dark grey elephant, when they are the same mold.
... or the same cheetah with fewer spots and the same cheetah heavily spotted. Though, if the same mold of that cheetah is used to make a king cheetah, so a new page to that figure is needed.
More examples:
The same horse in chestnut and in bay colors are not the same figure even the mold and the breed are the same.
The same giraffe mold used for a reticulated giraffe and an Angolan giraffe, are also different subspecies and figures, so different pages.
But, if we have the same mold representing Reticulated giraffes but with different quality finish, no different pages are needed, we just put both pictures in the same page.

Dogs and Cats, the same as horses. A black labrador will probably use the same mold as a golden labrador but they are different figures.

My suggestion is actually the same as most major companies do, Safari black fox and red fox are different references, though, Papo spotted hyena in earlier painting and later improved painting, are the same reference.

Susanne, incredible lemurs! Shocked monkey

Admin
SUSANNE

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 pm

So ! Roger, now even I understand it cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Susanne, those are beautiful Shocked I didn't even know they made any other lemurs besides the ring-tailed one. Thanks for sharing cheers

Well Roger explained everything perfectly Razz

Here, have a look at the two brown variations of the ring-tailed lemur on the bottom left side of this catalogue page:

I'm not a lemur expert, but I think this still represents a ring-tailed lemur? So these and your normal gray version will be added to thesame page on TAi!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:06 pm

Those are ring-tailed lemurs indeed. They can be gray or rosy brown backs with lighter gray or brown hind legs (ADW), I think it is better to use both variations in the same page as I explained before. If we use, AAA brown ring-tailed lemur it will result confuse once it will look like the name of another animal. Also, it will prevent that a collection that is already very extensive, turn non plausible to wikify. I also have a brown grey wolf, isn't it a funny name? Laughing Though, I know my wolf was branded Mamejo and I'll add that info to the lying grey wolf page when uploading my pic.

By the way, you're forbidden of showing me catalogue pages with aardvarks that I don't have in my collection! Laughing Laughing flower

NightLioness

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:38 am

I fount this: AAA site???

Maybe it is of some use?

And I still have some AAA photos as I said earlier Wink Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Here are three of my giant versions of AAA: Crab, Muray Eel and Lobster.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Arrrhw affraid cheers

Fantastic models bounce How big are they ? Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: AAA BW TAI   AAA on TAi EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:03 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrrhw affraid cheers

Fantastic models bounce  How big are they ? Very Happy

The Muray Eel is around 50 or 60 cm long, while the Crab is about 35 cm wide. The Lobster is smaller, maybe 25 cm long.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 pm

I moved these Bowhead's giants to this topic once Valérie is being so kind to let us to use these pictures on TAI. So Julie, 3 more for your eternal list. Laughing

Tarunyada

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Roger wrote:
By the way, you're forbidden of showing me catalogue pages with aardvarks that I don't have in my collection! Laughing Laughing flower

Roger, is this better? Laughing

Tarunyada wrote:

NightLioness wrote:

Maybe it is of some use?

Thanks Karin! cheers I'll have a look into it!

Valérie, those are some wonderful AAA figurines, thanks for sharing! cheers I think I have the smaller version of your crab Wink

Roger wrote:
So Julie, 3 more for your eternal list. Laughing

I'm on it! Thanks for letting us use your picutres, Valérie Smile

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:47 pm

NightLioness wrote:

Maybe it is of some use?

In this site, I see beautiful animals, specially the owl on tree. Applause

which is the minimum number of animals that can be bought there ?

Is possible buy few models ? question

NightLioness
NightLioness

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 pm

landrover wrote:

NightLioness wrote:

Maybe it is of some use?

In this site, I see beautiful animals, specially the owl on tree.  Applause

which is the minimum number of animals that can be bought there ?

Is possible buy few models ?  question

I have absolutely no idea who, what, how many or where you can or can't buy animals from the site Embarassed Laughing I just found it on the Internet and thought it might be helpful with information and photos in it.... XD Sorry!

Bowhead Whale

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Oh! I forgot to photograph my AAA Tiger Shrimp! pale I'll do it tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AAA on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA on TAi   AAA on TAi Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA on TAi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: AAA-
Jump to: