Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Concepts Animal Friends

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Toy Concepts Animal Friends Empty
PostSubject: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone know the "Animal Friends" line by Toy Concepts, available in Fall 1997? Here is the card I kept when I bought the Oryx. On the back, I enclosed every animal as soon as I bought it; as you can see, I could never buy neither the tiger nor the leopard.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Interesting Very Happy
I never heard of them before Shocked

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Here are the Oryx, the Kudu, the Moose and the Zebra.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Here are the Gorilla, the Alaskan Brown Bear and the Giraffe.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:19 pm

And here are the African Elephant, the Black Rhinocéros and the River Hippopotamus.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Another brand to put on TAI and some more interesting figures to hunt! bounce bounce
I have to notice these draws on card. The leopard seems inspired in a cheetah, the gorilla in a chimp, the rhino is clearly an Indian and not an African rhino and the oryx is a chimera, bongo body, eland horns perhaps. Love zebra and graffe draws.
Although figures are less spectacular then draws, they're by far more faithful to the species represented.
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 10:26 am

Congrats :) I have a monkey for trade :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:22 pm

widukind wrote:

Thank you, but my Animal Friends are not for trade! Smile Unless I find something else that might interest you in trade of the monkey? Rolling Eyes

I remember the leopard and the tiger when they were in the store (two little boys bought them before I could). They were both made of the very same mold. Therefore, I found, years later, a flocked tiger exactly like the Animal Friends Tiger in the local flea market, but without the card, unfortunately. Would you like me to show it to you? The leopard was yellow and his spots were represented by black macaroni-shaped marks all over its body.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Roger wrote:
Another brand to put on TAI and some more interesting figures to hunt! bounce bounce
I have to notice these draws on card. The leopard seems inspired in a cheetah, the gorilla in a chimp, the rhino is clearly an Indian and not an African rhino and the oryx is a chimera, bongo body, eland horns perhaps. Love zebra and graffe draws.
Although figures are less spectacular then draws, they're by far more faithful to the species represented.
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

As you may also notice, the picture on the Oryx card shown a Grant Gazelle, not an Oryx. And, in consequence (sorry for my bad habit of correcting manufacturers' mistakes), I Drew black and white marks on the picture's face to make it look more like the Gemsbok it was supposed to be. So, sorry to show you another repainted item again...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Laughing Laughing This time you just repainted the card, isn't it? Very Happy
Well, I think mistakes are part of the history of these figures but I understand that you felt tempted to fix it. Wink
No, I haven't noticed it was a Grant's gazelle instead although the way horns curve outwards didn't look natural to me.
Bowhead, I believe Andreas is not wanting one of your figures but just telling he has a monkey to trade with someone interested... and yes, show your flocked tiger please. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 am

This is very, very interesting !!! I have most of them, but was told that they are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , an old DDR compagny Shocked

Now there are several explanations,
- Concepts took over from Max Carl
- Concepts copied from Max Carl

...or the other way round scratch Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thank you, but my Animal Friends are not for trade! Smile Unless I find something else that might interest you in trade of the monkey? Rolling Eyes

I remember the leopard and the tiger when they were in the store (two little boys bought them before I could). They were both made of the very same mold. Therefore, I found, years later, a flocked tiger exactly like the Animal Friends Tiger in the local flea market, but without the card, unfortunately. Would you like me to show it to you? The leopard was yellow and his spots were represented by black macaroni-shaped marks all over its body.

Oh no, only mine. I dont prefer flocked figurines :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 am

SUSANNE wrote:
This is very, very interesting !!! I have most of them, but was told that they are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , an old DDR compagny Shocked

Now there are several explanations,
-  Concepts took over from Max Carl
-  Concepts copied from Max Carl

...or the other way round  scratch  Very Happy

My flocked tiger looks exactly like the one with the paw upright in the link you shared;and the leopard of the line is exactly the same as the one shown on that link as well!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:40 am

Today, I put my new Toy Concepts Leopard, Tiger and Lioness on TAI. Animal Friends series is now complete on TAI.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:17 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Today, I put my new Toy Concepts Leopard, Tiger and Lioness on TAI. Animal Friends series is now complete on TAI.

Congrats :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:50 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Fantastic, Valérie! One more series complete on TAW, that is wonderful! cheers

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:14 am

Hurray, and looking back on this topic these flocked animals are so wonderful! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:49 pm

I now have many doubles though, now, a few of them with their information cards. I will put them in my trades list soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Toy Concepts Animal Friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Concepts Animal Friends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: