Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016

Go down 
+12
RtasVadumee
Advicot
Bonnie
Pardofelis
Caracal
landrover
widukind
Kikimalou
Bloodrayne
Roger
SUSANNE
lucky luke
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 10:12 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very nice Pardo Applause  When will you show us a making of ? bounce bounce bounce

Oh... I didn't took photos of the making-of, it's too simple for doing it! I've just shaped the body+tail with FimoAir, sculpted the feathers, then shaped into L, cutted and inserted two wires into the belly, put upright the figure for secure that the feet lies flat, then added a base of WePam in the base of each leg for secure them, then made the toes with WePam, secured something with glue, then I did the neck and head with WePam, and after the horn, at this time almost all was dry and ready to paint so I've started, begining with the black coat, first the body, after the tail (painting black over a heavily sculpted white paste is not easy: white speckles appear in every fissure, but I worked exhaustively to avoid this), then I've mixed tan, white and yellow for obtain the bone colour of the bill, then painted red the legs, after the horn, and finally the eyes, that I sculpted more forward in the head that I painted, but I hope it's not very much noticeable. And finally I put my metallic blue marker Fudebiyori (that I bought exclusively for customize a tuna) and added some touches to the back, then diffused the metallic blue with a brush. Took photos of it and show them to the forum :-)

I forget to add, I sculpted this figure entirely from memory, without look at images of internet... despite that (unlike other model done with this method, the vulturine guineafowl) shape was correct in my opinion! Well is an easy shape, but even then... The only flares are in the head, with too forward-positioned eyes and maybe a slightly too long bill, but I solved both things with paint :)

If you're interested I can take photos of the process for the next figure :)

Thanks everybody for your kind comments!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:23 pm

Screamers! A family of just 3 species of South American big birds. They're related to ducks and swans, being in the same order (Anseriformes) but they belong to a different family and they're fully terrestrial, not aquatic (despite they love living in swampy areas). For that, I suppose they would belong better in "SUY Landfowl" than in "SUY Waterbirds".

By suggestion of Advicot, I did the northern screamer (Chauna chavaria). Much less known than the southern screamer, but in my opinion, much more beautiful. And beautiful + little known = my favourite kind of animals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 9:36 am

Very nice and very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 9:44 am

Ohhh !!!! I love you

Beautyful model, of great bird, I never heard of before cheers Applause

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 9:51 am

Congratulations good choice pardo! Very Happy Applause cheers
screamers for my part a few years ago I made the Southern screamer  study Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 8:09 pm

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 9:49 pm

What a fantastic model of a fantastic species, you have so much talent and I love the feathers! cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Red-legged partidge, Alectoris rufa:

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 12:41 pm

Stunning Partridge, I love the details of the plumage and the colouring is perfect! cheers cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 5:00 pm

A beautyful, beautyful bird cheers Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 6:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm

The golden pheasant (Chrysolophus pictus). The figure number 34 from my 100 "to do" list. My boyfriend already chose the 85, that resulted in the whooping crane. And the 94 is done too. So still I have 97 figures pending to do Razz

I absolutely loved how it resulted. Quite satisfactory. It may be a very common species that most small roadside zoos have and can be seen even in garden centers and pet shops, but still is one of the most atonishingly beautiful birds of the words, and in animal figurines I appreciate beautiful species with fabulous colours.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:01 pm

Nice golden pheasant

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 pm

This golden pheasant is absolutely beautiful!!! cheers cheers cheers
The markings are so detailed and realistic, and all the colours are perfectly blended- s bright and pretty! Applause Shocked
And all the detail of the tail!! cheers 100 to make is so many too- at the end, you should take a photo of all of them together, it would be amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Beautiful pheasant, should not have been a mould easy to make with the tail's feathers. Maybe a bit too short-legged though.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am

Thanks everybody! :)
I don't know if the tail feathers would make difficult to mould it or not. Not more than deer antlers or the "seaweeds" of a Safari seadragon I suppose. But the hollow under the crest would be especially difficult to mould, and in a lesser exent probably the hollow in the neck between the two "fans" too!

I don't know about the legs. It seems to be a variable character that depends on how stretched is the leg. Here for example we can see apparently very long-legged ones as they are moving, jumping, etc:

While here, we can see much more short-legged ones as they're relaxed and stopped:

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 am

Congratulations good choice of species Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 5:33 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 10:16 pm

Great to see this vintage beauty up close! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 8:42 am

Thanks Bonnie :)

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2021 8:33 am

This time a very mighty bird: the Kagu (Rhynochetos jubatus). Sole member of it's entire family, this bird, unable to fly and endangered, it's endemic to New Caledonia island (I think is the biggest endemic animal of that island). New Caledonia is an island that looks like extracted directly from Jurassic period. Notable vegetation are very primitive kind of conifers (many endemic species of Araucaria, podocarps, cycadas) and the most primitive angiosperm of the world, Amborella trichopoda. The kagu is a bird of the size of a hen or very slightly bigger. It shows its emotions (anger, fear, excitement) by opening the distinctively patterned wings and raising the ginormous crest on the head. So in this position I showed it. In 2009, I traveled to Paris with the main, almost only, objetive of see the Kagus at la Menagérie du Jardin des Plantes. At this time I was much more obsessed with birds than now, and I was into collecting feathers (now ceased). At this enclosure I got a fantastifabulous wing primary of the kagus, probably one of the most valuable and beautiful of all the many species that I got in my feather collection. Since then I've seen kagus at some other zoos, such as Berlin and Wuppertal, but it's a rarity in captivity.

Yes, I know that there is a decent-sized kagu figurine by Yowies, but besides the difficulty of getting Yowies from Spain, I never liked that figure with extremely stocky legs, too deep sculpt, thick bill and relaxed position. I wanted to do my own kagu like that:

Since I don't have, and probably will never have, a figurine of other New Caledonian species, I only can compare it with the closest cousins I have.
Good sized when compared with whooping crane...

but as you know, my Great Bustard turned to be rather a Giant Bustard... Sad (I love it anyway!)

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2021 9:16 am

I did not know this species so I just checked photos. Wonderful representation of the real bird. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016    Show Us Yours - Landfowls   April 2016  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Yours - Landfowls April 2016
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next