Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)

Go down 
+2
Roger
Bowhead Whale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) Empty
PostSubject: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is my Large AAA Toad. I saw it was missing on tAI. It looks to me like an American toad.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Under observation already. Laughing There is something very special in these AAA figures, as they seem to be cast from real specimens. Do you know if it is a common toad? :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:32 pm

If you mean ANAXYRUS AMERICANUS, yes, it looks to me this is it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:49 pm

I meant Bufo bufo but an American toad seems perfect! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:04 am

Great model cheers tongue cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Nice figurine

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 2:36 pm

I also have a "Narrow-Mouthed Toad" from AAA. It's yellow, Brown and blue in color. Would you like me to post it here?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I also have a "Narrow-Mouthed Toad" from AAA. It's yellow, Brown and blue in color. Would you like me to post it here?

Surely Valerie, I can rename this topic to be used to AAA amphibians, not many of our most active members use to collect AAA but with a little bit of each collection maybe we can share here an interesting lot of figures. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:59 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Surely Valerie, I can rename this topic to be used to AAA amphibians, not many of our most active members use to collect AAA but with a little bit of each collection maybe we can share here an interesting lot of figures. :)

cheers cheers cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 4:57 am

Sounds great Roger! Maybe we can do that with more topic of AA, making it a general of its specie/kind to show more variation?
If Valerie is oke with that of course! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:24 am

Yes, let's wait for Valerie's opinion. Wink
Meanwhile here are my only AAA amphibians, the lifecycle of a frog... which species?

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:54 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Sounds great Roger! Maybe we can do that with more topic of AA, making it a general of its specie/kind to show more variation?

That sounds cool, but we need to avoid confusion: a member who has, for example, an earth worm, could put it here, yet another member would, at the same, time, put his/her own earth worm in another AAA topic... we need to avoid this kind of situation, no? Let's name this particular topic as "AAA Amphibians". Anyway, here is my AAA Narrow-Mouthed Toad:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 pm

I renamed it then. Wonderful narrow-mouth. Very Happy
Here is a closer picture of my adulte frog from the lifcycle. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm

How come my American Toad is not on TAI, yet? Did you forget about it?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:04 pm

It is now but not yet the narrowmouth, I added it as the large version of AAA toad, I haven't created that page so I don't know exactly what is supposed to belong to what. Your narrowmouth is waiting. Sleep

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:22 am

Nice again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 11:35 am

Bullyland sold family of green frogs from AAA

I have one . It is not the same paintwork, but isn't it the mould of the young frog ?  tongue  bounce  tongue

Again I wonder what species's they are study

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 2:10 pm

It's not the first time I see AAA models being used by other manufacturers. AAA whales have been knocked off many times and their orang-utans were used by Safari ltd back in 1989.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
It's not the first time I see AAA models being used by other manufacturers. AAA whales have been knocked off many times and their orang-utans were used by Safari ltd back in 1989.

This froggie is not a knock-off .
He is 100 % AAA, just one of the many that Bullyland sold in the '90s, - just like Schleich and Safari did, and many others since then - that is AAAs way of distribution Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

That sounds cool, but we need to avoid confusion: a member who has, for example, an earth worm, could put it here, yet another member would, at the same, time, put his/her own earth worm in another AAA topic... we need to avoid this kind of situation, no? Let's name this particular topic as "AAA Amphibians". Anyway, here is my AAA Narrow-Mouthed Toad:

Finally I could introduce your narrow-mouthed toad, Valérie. Sleep
Sometimes the reason why it takes so long is that we can't find a logic way to sort things.
So, apparently there are two families of frogs. A small sized and a large sized, both with 3 figures (male, female and young). There is also a family of toads, a lifecycle and a pair of narro-mouths. scratch I'd love someone to help me with the exact moulds once it is very ahrd for me to distinguish them. Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 11:28 am

Revisiting this topic I'm convinced the toad of the first post is an European common toad (bufo bufo). The parotoid glands and the extremly warty skin seems more plausible for the European species. Any thoughts about it?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 11:40 am

Roger wrote:
Revisiting this topic I'm convinced the toad of the first post is an European common toad (bufo bufo). The parotoid glands and the extremly warty skin seems more plausible for the European species. Any thoughts about it?

I think it would be very hard to find for sure a species level, it could also be a Caucasian toad (Bufo verrucosissimus) or another Bufo but Anaxyrus is also plausible.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2024 7:56 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think it would be very hard to find for sure a species level, it could also be a Caucasian toad (Bufo verrucosissimus) or another Bufo but Anaxyrus is also plausible.

Thanks Crhistophe for taking a look. Looking at those conspicuous structures behind the eyes, they seem to match better those of a common European toad (Bufo bufo) . Though, I'm not sure enough to promote a definitive move.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)   AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders)
Page 1 of 1