Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)

Go down 
+7
LukaLeon085
LeeAnn
Roger
Bloodrayne
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) Empty
PostSubject: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:00 pm

In the past Safari has now and then been a disapointment compared to the pictures in the catalogue. Mainly because of poor paintwork.  Rolling Eyes

Looking at the new horss for 2016 in the catalogue, I didn't expect much.  Neutral
And the paintwork really isn't very interesting, - but still, they are so much more beautyful in 3 dimentions than they are in a flat photo  Shocked  I LOVE them , and the more I look, the more I love them cheers

How to describe them ?  scratch
Words like harmonu, happy horse, ballance realistic and great proportions come to my mind  Very Happy

First of all : Take a look at this Hanoverian stallion from some distance .... I could imagine him having a good time out in my field !!!!
He LOOKS like a horse, and almost not like a toy   Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A coser reviels that it IS a model, but a beautyful model ...

But what really makes him stand out is the proportions of the head  !!! cheers  cheers

Seen straight from the front,  the lower part of the head may be a tiny bit narrow , but nothing that we don't see in the way modern horses are bred

Now let us see him take a canter pirouette :

Here he has the courtesy to lie down so we can see hus hooves and belly  Wink

The real kind of pear-shape :

Perfect shoulder, - and the muscles are not exaggerated as we see in some models :

Great shape of hooves :

...and a few more pictures of his head and ears Wink

Thankyou for struggling trough all the pictures Wink

PS, there are some pictures of the palomino Mustang near the bottom of page 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:39 pm

A beautieful horse Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Wow, I have to add them all to my list now. You convinced me, what a great model. Very realistic and great proportions. Thank you so much for showing him!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Thankyou, Andreas and Paige cheers

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Now that's a really nice looking horse.
The person that sculpted this model did a real nice job.
And on top of that: the real kind of pear-shape. Very Happy

I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for the pictures, Susanne.
Now I can't wait to see the other horses from Safari ltd. 2016.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:19 pm

I was expecting it a lot! cheers Safari is breaking the new rules for horse figures on Toy industry. I used, some time ago, the neologism "ponyized" to define how horses were designed during these last years. They often look like ponies with all the features we are tired of discussing, real girl toys often with a paraphernalia of adornments to make them look even cuter to their target. Also, most were just standing in a boring pose like something that was made to live eternally in a plastic stable.
These Safari are the horse of the old days, impressive creatures, full of a kind of gentle power, free to explore the world and noble as a horse deserves to be, not caricatural or designed directly from a cartoon.
They're not perfect, they are just the start of a new generation of figures but they are showing the right way in my opinion. Good proportions are the best start, as long as this series matures, I am sure these figures will improve in terms of details. Thanks for your great walk around and I wish Safari is successful with this new horse design concept. cheers

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 6:21 pm

I'm not a big fan of this one but I do like the style and this sculptor has huge potential, whoever they are! cheers As I suspected, this model is a lot nicer than the promo pics.

Thank you for posting Susanne! Very Happy

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:04 am

I m surpriced, he is beautiful :-)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:14 am

As usual, I don't know anything about horses bt I think it is a nice model and I also want to congratulate Safari Ltd for the painting because... Because it is better than what I used to expect. Conngratulation Susanne Very Happy

The more I look at it, the more I think about the Quater-horse Anna made for Mojo.
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:55 am

I dont now this is the 3th one i see on the forum..
The palomino is not that great i think... I just dont like the style.
But this one.. This one is ddifferent ...
O you did it i almost like this one...
Stil don;t like the 'angry' eyes ... like the white mare its ;; Grrr...
No i will not buy it... for now ...
Congratz on them aafcoursse en thank for the walky

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:20 am

Thank you for showing photos of this beautiful model. The picture in the catalog did not show him from his best side, but now he is on my wishlist. I love you I was not struggling through all your pictures. I enjoyed every one of them.Wink
Back to top Go down
Midnight wolf stables

Midnight wolf stables

Country/State : Arkansas

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:27 am

He looks like a barrel racer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)   Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Hanoverian horse from 2016 :-)
Page 1 of 1