Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New animals: serval in two colours

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
landrover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

New animals: serval in two colours  Empty
PostSubject: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 2:27 am

LeeAnn help me,to get these two animals.

Different colours,in an aggressive pose.which it is very characteristic of chap mei.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by landrover on Mon May 02, 2016 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 7:51 am

Two variations! Congratulation Fernando Very Happy It is a very expressive serval !
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 am

They are SO wonderful ! Chap Mei rules cheers

Congratulations, Fernando, and hurray for LeeAnn Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:18 am

Congratulations Fernando :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 8:27 pm

I discovered this figure in Toy Animal Wiki a while ago. Soooo weird!!!!!!!! What if you do a caracal, add it a tail of jaguarundi, paint its coat either like a snow leopard or a lynx, and then sell it under the name serval, and save in TAW as a bobcat? Then you will have this figure Very Happy

I wanted to post about it there because, repainted and with the tail shortened and repaired, it would make an absolutely perfect caracal for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other felid lovers Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
I discovered this figure in Toy Animal Wiki a while ago. Soooo weird!!!!!!!! What if you do a caracal, add it a tail of jaguarundi, paint its coat either like a snow leopard or a lynx, and then sell it under the name serval, and save in TAW as a bobcat? Then you will have this figure Very Happy

I wanted to post about it there because, repainted and with the tail shortened and repaired, it would make an absolutely perfect caracal for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other felid lovers Very Happy

This figure is a chimaera indeed. It is known among collectors of Chap Mei just as lynx. Among us it was known as a serval or a caracal. It was found in a few sets but the best known was a kind of Arctic rescue with North American figures. That's the reason why the "lynx" variation is listed on TAi as a bobcat. It is a lynx and when North Americans use the word lynx, it is to mention the bobcat and not the Canada lynx. It was also sold in another set with snow leopard like painting, thus it was also identifyied as that. To be fair, such a figure is unclassifiable . cat

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 10:34 pm

I agree with Pardofelis that some cutting of the tail and a repaint would make a great caracal. Personally I don't alter figures, but for those of you who do, this would make a great project!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New animals: serval in two colours    New animals: serval in two colours  Empty

Back to top Go down

New animals: serval in two colours
Page 1 of 1