Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Goslings :-)))))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Goslings :-))))) Empty
PostSubject: Goslings :-)))))   Goslings :-))))) EmptySun May 22, 2016 11:37 am

This spring two wild geese have been straying round in the area where I live. Very Happy
Sometimes they landed in my litte lake, and sometimes they were grazing near the horses.
It is the first time I have seen gees here, but they were very shy, and as soon at I went out on the terasse, or when I went to feed the horses, they flew away, screaming abuse at me  Shocked
I thought that maybe they were two yound males, because certainly a pair would have begun nesting by now  scratch

Even if I looked out of the window, they would get upset. Very wild and nervous indeed !

But Friday morning when I went out on the terasse, they were standing on the far brink of the lake. They stared at me, and sort of stepped nervously, but they stayed ...
and then the grass round them began to move  affraid
There was a gosling !!!! - no two.. no threee  cheers  bounce  cheers
I tried to take a picture through the window, but the zoom on my camera is not very good
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Still, - can you see them ? Very Happy

Immediately after the parents herded the goslings out on the water,  and now I could see : 7 ! No 8 ! Or were there 9 ? Mom in front and dad bringing up the rear, they vanished among the catweed before I could take another picture  Laughing

After that they stayed at the far end of the lake. They are so well camouflaged, that even with binoculars I could only see two or three.

Last night they were on the grass at the near side of the lake, and I got a better picture , - Can you see 8 or 9 ??

I surely can't se more than 2 or 3 Suspect
Untill they fled out on the water, - and then I counted 8 or 9 again cheers

It is so madly exiting and fun ! bounce bounce

Perhaps I ought to show this in the "Animals around your house"-topic, but I think they deserve their own topic, and I hope to get more pictures !
Laughing Laughing I am almost as nervous as their parents are geek Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Goslings :-)))))   Goslings :-))))) EmptySun May 22, 2016 11:42 am

I can see also any of these gooses on the river Elbe in Dresden:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Goslings :-)))))   Goslings :-))))) EmptySun May 22, 2016 12:14 pm

This is so cute! I love it when birds get their young and they take good care of them.
Geese are very good parents queen king
Thank you for sharing Very Happy

Around my place I have seen coots, great grabe and a duck with chicks Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Goslings :-)))))   Goslings :-))))) EmptySun May 22, 2016 5:25 pm

That's so wonderful, I am crazy about geese, mainly because people is always saying that they are bad creatures and I have always such good experience with these animals. Obviously not with wild ones like these that found your lake as a special place but those we can find in urban gardens. Those here, they don't fear humans, actually humans fear them. Laughing They're incredibly gentle with their gooslings , no other duck related creature is so gentle as those are. I can feel how excited you are and you have reasons for that, as wild creatures they're not confortable with you, though, I believe that gradually they will turn less nervous. Looking forward to see more pics! bounce bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Goslings :-)))))   Goslings :-))))) EmptySun May 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Thankyou, friends cheers

I forgot to tell you another thing in connecyion with these wonderful visitors :

In Denmark there is a tradition that large farms have names.
When we moved to this place app 20 years ago, I decided to name this humble place too , and remembered that my grandmother talked about her grandparent's farm, which was called "Gåsekjær". It is an old word for a village pond with geese swimming in it  !!!!!

So now there are geese in the goose-pond  Laughing  cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goslings :-)))))   Goslings :-))))) Empty

Back to top Go down

Goslings :-)))))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Wildlife-
Jump to: