Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!

Go down 
+15
RtasVadumee
Advicot
Shanti
Ana
Jetty
NightLioness
skysthelimit
costicuba
donny ong
Tove
Bloodrayne
widukind
Roger
JamesPanda
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 12:56 pm

YES !!!! CollectA makes your dreams come true  cheers

In early spring, Peter Leung from Collecta wrote to me, that CollectA would give me one model of my choice  affraid
And there was absolutely no doubt in my mind : The awesome Albtross, of course  bounce  Very Happy

So yesterday a van from FedEx rolled up on the dirtroad, and a young man stepped out , looking quite bewildered.He had probably been driving round for ages to find this remote place  Laughing

But in his hand he had a big padded envelope, and I knew immediately what it was : My Albatross  cheers

This wonderful bird is so unique ! You can read about the species HERE  sunny

I am short of words about this model, except "Perfect", "WOW" and a lot of superlatives, so I will just show you a lot of pictures, and hope that you agree  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ain't I beautyful ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 3:07 pm

WOW ~~~~ I love you Its Beautiful Susanne ! congratulations too !!

Will be awaiting these folks to come home when released on the market ! The Ally is proudly ready to flutter its wings either take off or just adjusting its position Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 4:13 pm

If there is anyone that deserves a gift from a company, in this hobby, your are that person. You always please us with wonderful pictures, you have a incalculable love for animal figures and you are a driving force in this world! cheers ... and I am not including the most important, that you're a generous and wonderful person. flower
About the figure, I wished an albatross for a long time and I really want very much to add this figure in my collection. These huge wings are a real bonus, often companies make proportionally short wings, they are easier to manufacture and take less space in a shelf but I really like that CollectA was generous in this regard. Albatrosses have huge wingspans, a bird with short wings could never b e an albatross. All other details in that figure seem to be with a good quality level. Thanks for you great presentation and also tahnks to CollectA for pleasing someone like you. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Thankyou, James and Roger  Very Happy

Arrhw, Roger, you are much too kind Embarassed Embarassed flower
But we could say the same about you Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Congratulations Susanne, a must have :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 pm

What a super pretty bird!
It has all the right features to not make it a mistake that this is The Mighty Albatross.
And a nice little: "Did you know that....?
The pink feathers over the ear apparently marks it as a male...!
So it's not a pretty bird, but a Handsome Prince!

Is it a big figure? (I never played with LEGO in my childhood, so I don't know?) No

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 12:41 am

cheers A big congratulation to our awesome forum Queen queen Susanne.
You really deserve a gift like this from the CollectA company, and thanks a lot for making this walkaround showing how beautiful this model is.  I love you
I'm sure this Handsome Prince will be put on the top of many wishlists. drunken
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 2:32 am

Big congrats Susanne! Applause Thanks for the photos. I have this figure, CollectA sent it to me along with 6 other figures - the Nilgai, Hirola, Grevy's Zebra, Shoebill, Giant Eland Calf, and Turkey - but your photos are so nice, I love watching it. I wanted to post some pics of the figures, but unfortunately I have troubles with the camera, so I'm glad that you post the Albatross so that everybody could see the final stage of the figurine.
Hurray for CollectA. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:47 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
Is it a big figure? (I never played with LEGO in my childhood, so I don't know?)  No

He ( thanks for the info) is 7 cm tall from feet to the top of the head, - not a big model for such a huge bird, I think Very Happy

donny ong wrote:
Big congrats Susanne! Applause  Thanks for the photos. I have this figure, CollectA sent it to me along with 6 other figures - the Nilgai, Hirola, Grevy's Zebra, Shoebill, Giant Eland Calf, and Turkey - but your photos are so nice, I love watching it. I wanted to post some pics of the figures, but unfortunately I have troubles with the camera, so I'm glad that you post the Albatross so that everybody could see the final stage of the figurine.
Hurray for CollectA. cheers  cheers

WOW !  You are so lucky ! Congratulations cheers

Tove wrote:
cheers A big congratulation to our awesome forum Queen queen Susanne.
You really deserve a gift like this from the CollectA company, and thanks a lot for making this walkaround showing how beautiful this model is.  I love you
I'm sure this Handsome Prince will be put on the top of many wishlists. drunken

Thankyou very much, dear Tove, queen of the Fjells queen  Very Happy

I hope you will find this prince soon Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 2:23 pm

This is unique and beautiful bird.
Very nice choice from you Susanne :)
Very clever choice from Collecta and also very kind gift from them to you :)
The result of the model is perfect.
For shure you deserve it and for shure you are our forum Queen sunny

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Gorgeous bird Susanne, congrats cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:21 pm

What a majestic big bird Very Happy Big congrats and yay for CollectA Very Happy

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:30 pm

It is such a great bird! I love you
Thank you for this walk around... now I want it even more......
any idea when Collecta is bringing the new models in stores [ like mpv]  I   know they are for mid 2016 but when.....? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Thankyou, dear Kosta Embarassed Very Happy

Thankyou, Robert, great to see you here cheers

Thankyou, dear Karin flower

Jetty, I just got a message from Oliver Zell ( Spielzeugguenstig) that he will get of CollectAs the rest in Autumn scratch

I just got some horse, a dino and the hunter-antilope...that's it Rolling Eyes

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Is it a big figure? (I never played with LEGO in my childhood, so I don't know?)  No

He ( thanks for the info) is 7 cm tall from feet to the top of the head, - not a big model for such a huge bird, I think Very Happy

Thank you! cheers
Considering this bird can be over a meter tall in real life, it is indeed a nice size model.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Wonderful wandering albatross! Great gift from CollectA. Congratulations Susanne and thank you for great walk around Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:30 pm

What a great bird!! Lovely pictures from this stunning Albatross!!! Congratulation Susanne!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Laughing Laughing I have to stop reading your comments aloud for him. He is getting so full of himself, that the other animals on the piano get jealous affraid lol!

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:35 am

SUSANNE wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Big congrats Susanne! Applause  Thanks for the photos. I have this figure, CollectA sent it to me along with 6 other figures - the Nilgai, Hirola, Grevy's Zebra, Shoebill, Giant Eland Calf, and Turkey - but your photos are so nice, I love watching it. I wanted to post some pics of the figures, but unfortunately I have troubles with the camera, so I'm glad that you post the Albatross so that everybody could see the final stage of the figurine.
Hurray for CollectA. cheers  cheers

WOW ! You are so lucky ! Congratulations cheers

Thanks Susanne.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptySun May 17, 2020 1:52 am

Checking the effects of the forum migration, I decided to revisit some topics to check how things are going. Fortunately I am revisiting this wonderful review, now albatrosses are being debated on forum, and I am completely surprised with my apparent uninterest in this figure. It was awarded for our community as the 2016 Ocean figure of the year, it is your personal choice what means a lot also for me and it is wonderful and a species I always wanted. Now that it is confirmed Safari's model is a wandering albatross, it is evident the colors of this one are more accurate. So, why I still don't have it in my collection? Sleep

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptySun May 17, 2020 8:03 am

It is always great when somebody re-visits an old topic, - thankyou Roger cheers
The joy of this bird drunken

The topic is barely 4 years old, and I can't help thinking how enormously spoilt we have become since then, not least by CollectA.
But also other brands have poured one great model after another on the market Very Happy
Even Schleich has had to wake up, and has given us a pangolin, a quokka, a wombat, and a snow leopard, and has re-vived the oryx and okapi Laughing

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptySun May 17, 2020 11:18 am

To be honest Schleich slowly (very slowly) are adding more interesting species to their repertoire. They are taking very risky, but great animal species. In 2018 I saw a list of supposed figures that would come out that year and I saw the quokka affraid Suspect I was first so, so happy but then I was skeptical was it really coming out, scratch this is Schleich we are talking about. Then after asking specially I got a collectors annual for the 2019 range and there was the quokka, I was flabbergasted. It's is certainly very risky as many children don't go into toy shops saying mommy, mommy I want the quokka, half the planet probably haven't heard of it.

I do agree some of their Aussie animals are very cute, with big eyes etc but I want unusual species, don't we all? As you mentioned Susanne we have been spoilt by brands. Tree kangaroos, Amazonian giant centipedes, honey badgers, pangolins to name a few. I believe Schleich will retire their pangolin next year (unless they did it this year) but 4/5 years for a pangolin is not bad at all, some figures like their 2017 Asian bull elephant survived 2 years, compared to their 1998 bull which survived 13 years scratch

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptySun May 17, 2020 11:39 am

Advicot wrote:
It's is certainly very risky as many children don't go into toy shops saying mommy, mommy I want the quokka, half the planet probably haven't heard of it.

No, but they would say "mommy, mommy I want that baby kangaroo, it is so cute" and the figure would sell well anyway. The quokka was definitely not a risky species, the bowmouth guitarfish is a very risky species for example.

The pangolin was retired last year.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptySun May 17, 2020 11:43 am

You have a fair point Ben, I am just a very well educated person on animals and I would have said quokka instead of baby kangaroo Laughing when I was very little walking into toy shops.

The bowmouth, of course a really different species choice. It didn't survive long though. Thanks for the info on the pangolin it did very well for such a weird, and adorable species

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 6:48 pm

Unfortunately this figure is huge.
It would be interesting to see this bird besides other birds.

for example albatross Vs collecta ostrich Vs Papo eagle Vs Swan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!   CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA made a model of the wonderful Wandering Albatross !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next