Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !

Go down 
+14
Sergey
LukaLeon085
Fossa
baltimore zoo
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
donny ong
Tarunyada
widukind
signatus
Ana
SUSANNE
Florian
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  Empty
PostSubject: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Here is a quick walk-around of the new standing tiger. It's my favorite tiger made by Papo ! The details are amazing and the shades on the coat looks better than the 2015 tiger, even if Papo needs to make more progresses about the painting. There are two glued parts, the jaw and the tail Wink
arrow If you want to buy this model, buy it in two times because it gives an amazing scene of fight !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sunny sunny sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 2:52 pm

AMAZING model cheers

Thankyou for this wonderful walkaround !
You are right. I will have to get two, that is more than twice as good as one cat cat Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Very impressive tiger! The pose is very dynamic. I like the expression on this tiger face, however, I would prefer to not stand face to face with this cat in the middle of the jungle when he looks that way affraid Or it would be the last thing I saw in my life Laughing
The paintwork is much better than in other Papo tigers I think, it's good to see such improvement!
Thanks for the walk around, great photos! Big congratulations for getting this model (twice Wink ) in your collection! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Very very good figure, and thanks Florian by incredibly good pictures too!. I want one (or two) cat cat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Nice tiger

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm

What a gorgeous model drunken It just looks extremely realistic.. Thanks for this wonderful walkaround! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:01 am

Congrats Florian. Thanks for the photos.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 am

Hello Mr. Angry tiger Mad  Very Happy
Amazing model ! Love it ! Love it ! Love it !!!
Thank you for the great photos Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 3:11 am

Holy moly that is a fantastic model, thanks for showing it! And big congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:25 am

Am i the only one who thinks that this was only made because Papo was running out of ideas for big cats that would sell so they did somthing dynamic with a Cat that EVERYONE, has done before?

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks for the a truly excellent walk around! I just ordered two and cannot wait to receive them!
Don't want to be presumptuous, but this could be figure of the year?!!!!!
Thanks again for posting such awesome photos!
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Thank you friends for your congratulations Wink I'm very happy you like my pictures Very Happy cheers cheers

@ Nathan : I have the same feeling like you, Papo releases again and again the same big cats ... I wouldn't be surprised to see a standing lion next years. They still have a lot of big cats to create but they always do different versions of the same (so tigers and lions). Maybe it is easier to sell to a young public who will be directiy attracted by known big cats like tigers. I hope to see more original felidaes next years from Papo (ex : Amur leopard or caracal, ...). However the new standng tiger is amazing and the pose is original !

@ Baltimore zoo : I think the new standing tiger will be in the top Wink

Fossa

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:23 am

that is epic!!!.

i can see the face of a real tiger on this figurine.

thanks for sharing Wink

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 9:24 pm

OHH MY .. affraid I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:02 am

Not a new species Sad But at least a very fine model Very Happy The painting is better than the last ones ad the pose is really dynamic.

Thank you for the walkaround Florian Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:16 am

Florian, again thanks for such an excellent and thorough walk around! I can't wait to get the two I ordered!
Because of my deep passion for big cats, I sincerely thank Papo for making such lovely figures of these beautiful felines!
Again not sounding presumptuous, but the Standing Tiger has a nice chance to be figure of the year 2016.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:57 am

When I think I have enough tigers, here goes Papo and my theory is dead. I don't have yet the tiger from last year and here is another to impress me. Very Papo, outstanding! cheers
I don't really think Papo ran out with ideas or they could choose any other common species with a different pose and a simpler painting than a tiger. I think lions and tigers are a kind of "landmarks" of the company and that they will keep providing us variations around these two species. This is what a traditional Papo collector expects. Probably next big cat will be a lying lion, a leaping lioness or something like that.
The problem of repeating is not when the same species is released but when basically the same figure is released. When you think about the several generations of Schleich elephants, it looks the boring same figures, but when you have a tigress with paw up, then a walking tiger, a tigress carrying a cub, a tigress nursing tiger kitties and a "rearing" tiger like this one, it is not really boring. Actually, it is a fantastic tribute to an iconic animal. Very Happy

Florian

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:20 am

Roger wrote:
When I think I have enough tigers, here goes Papo and my theory is dead. I don't have yet the tiger from last year and here is another to impress me. Very Papo, outstanding! cheers
I don't really think Papo ran out with ideas or they could choose any other common species with a different pose and a simpler painting than a tiger. I think lions and tigers are a kind of "landmarks" of the company and that they will keep providing us variations around these two species. This is what a traditional Papo collector expects. Probably next big cat will be a lying lion, a leaping lioness or something like that.
The problem of repeating is not when the same species is released but when basically the same figure is released. When you think about the several generations of Schleich elephants, it looks the boring same figures, but when you have a tigress with paw up, then a walking tiger, a tigress carrying a cub, a tigress nursing tiger kitties and a "rearing" tiger like this one, it is not really boring. Actually, it is a fantastic tribute to an iconic animal. Very Happy

Yes indeed Rogerio :) You've totally right sunny Papo has the merit to be still so attractif. Finally, they do what some other brands don't make, a big family where we can see different "catched" moments of animal's daily life. When you think about Collecta, they make only a male or female with a cub or Schleich, which one releases most of time the male, the female and a cub. However, as I said, I hope to see more new big cats in the future with Papo because they do the best felidaes. I know their quality wouldn't be less good if they products some new models. They surprised us in 2014 with the snow leopard so maybe we'll be surprised for 2017 Wink ?

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 2:44 am

Recently received my Papo 2016 Standing Tigers! I really like them and they look great facing each other, posed "squaring off" perhaps over a female tiger or maybe a Fallow deer carcass : )
As I have professed my deep passion and love for big cats, we should all be aware & worry about their plight for survival in the wild (Due to poaching & deforestation). Having & enjoying these lovely tiger figures, to me, is still a harsh reminder of the fact they may be one day be extinct in the wild, hopefully not.
Also want to say t's a really nice figure that will be an excellent addition to one's collection. Enjoy : )
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 5:18 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Recently received my Papo 2016 Standing Tigers! I really like them and they look great facing each other, posed "squaring off" perhaps over a female tiger or maybe a Fallow deer carcass : )
As I have professed my deep passion and love for big cats, we should all be aware & worry about their plight for survival in the wild (Due to poaching & deforestation). Having & enjoying these lovely tiger figures, to me, is still a harsh reminder of the fact they may be one day be extinct in the wild, hopefully not.
Also want to say t's a really nice figure that will be an excellent addition to one's collection. Enjoy : )

Baltimore zoo, it's indeed an excellent addition, because of the original pose and the inprovement of painting. It is an amazing capture of a real life scene and we can say thank you to Papo for making this wonderfull animal sunny cheers sunny

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Florian, totally agree with you! Definitely a big thanks to Papo! One of Papo's strengths is their big cats, so I hope they continue!
Your Asian jungle pics look great! I like how you put the standing tigers facing off as well!
What's line is the buffalo skull and skeleton's from? They look great in the diorama! Really like them! Also ck out Penn Plax aquarium decorations! They make some nice Cambodian Rock Faces and a Buddha Head (9.75 inches tall) that you may like to add to your displays!
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 9:53 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Florian, totally agree with you! Definitely a big thanks to Papo! One of Papo's strengths is their big cats, so I hope they continue!
Your Asian jungle pics look great! I like how you put the standing tigers facing off as well!
What's line is the buffalo skull and skeleton's from? They look great in the diorama! Really like them! Also ck out Penn Plax aquarium decorations! They make some nice Cambodian Rock Faces and a Buddha Head (9.75 inches tall) that you may like to add to your displays!

Thank you :) The skeleton and the skull are from Schleich Wink

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Florian,
Again, great display! I'd throw in a couple of Safari LTD Asian elephants to the display!
OK, yeah I forgot Schleich had made those! Like to see Papo make some cow femur bones like the ones they give to big cats at the zoo on "bone days" for their big cat figures!
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:24 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Florian,
Again, great display! I'd throw in a couple of Safari LTD Asian elephants to the display!
OK, yeah I forgot Schleich had made those! Like to see Papo make some cow femur bones like the ones they give to big cats at the zoo on "bone days" for their big cat figures!

For the couple, I already have couple of Asian éléphants in Schleich (not the best ones but still cool) and the Papo mother with her baby :) Safari LTD has some nice models of elephant. The only elephant I have in this brand is a charging male African elephant :)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !    New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !  Empty

Back to top Go down

New standing tiger n°50208 : quick walk-around !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next