Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The knockoffs and Copycat topic

Go down 
+13
barracudacat
widukind
Kikimalou
Takama
Iuri97
Ana
SUSANNE
MiniZoo
Roger
stecal
LeeAnn
Wilorvise
Numa
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

The knockoffs and Copycat topic Empty
PostSubject: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Just saw these on ebay.

Given the drinking zebra has already been discontinued and the fact that I see no Schleich Logo anywhere in these images, are they officially Schleich? Or has Schleich gone the Nayab way and started to licence their models for rebranding/packaging by other companies? Strange.  Anyone have any more info on this?  the sets are also much cheaper than if you were to buy the models individually.  Apologies if this has been discussed on the forum, I am always slow in catching up on these things.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one contains the CollectA buffalo so I assume these are either fake or the real models simply repackaged by another company?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm guessing maybe a knockoff? the looking away zebra has seam lines the original doesn't appear to have.

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm

They look like really good copies. Most of them look real but a few things here and there are off - the hoof of the grazing zebra isn't flat on the ground, it's warped (at least the zebras I have the plastic is too hard to warp like that), the paintwork on the grazing zebra's head is not very detailed, the face of the male lion is odd, the water buffalo's paintwork is sloppy... and of course the price. I would be tempted to buy the zebra set but oddly enough it won't let me buy - it says "Ships to Europe, United States," but also "Does not ship the the United States" scratch

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:02 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
They look like really good copies. Most of them look real but a few things here and there are off - the hoof of the grazing zebra isn't flat on the ground, it's warped (at least the zebras I have the plastic is too hard to warp like that), the paintwork on the grazing zebra's head is not very detailed, the face of the male lion is odd, the water buffalo's paintwork is sloppy... and of course the price. I would be tempted to buy the zebra set but oddly enough it won't let me buy - it says "Ships to Europe, United States," but also "Does not ship the the United States" scratch

Hi it is free delivery to the uk so if you want them i can help you out with sending them on to the usa
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:10 pm

stecal wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

Hi it is free delivery to the uk so if you want them i can help you out with sending them on to the usa
Steve  

I really appreciate your offer Steve but I'm going to pass for now, I really shouldn't be spending money on model animals right now.

Numa

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm

You are right guys, the more I look the more knock off details I can spot but I must admit they are pretty good copies......

As for buying them, why bother buying a poor copy ? Just get the real thing :-)

I wonder if Schleich can stop them.....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:19 am

Aren't those the newer Nayab copies? scratch

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 am

Numaan wrote:
As for buying them, why bother buying a poor copy ?  Just get the real thing :-)

I agree with you. It's just my zebra obsession kicking in Laughing

Numa

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 am

LeeAnn wrote:
Numaan wrote:
As for buying them, why bother buying a poor copy ?  Just get the real thing :-)

I agree with you. It's just my zebra obsession kicking in Laughing

:-)

Post some photos of your zebra collection! :-)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:20 am

Ah I don't have many at all. Nothing worth posting. I'd like to get more eventually though.

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 am

We've recently discovered a range of animal figurines in a major retail department store chain that have been directly copied from current Schleich models.. read all about our findings and how to spot the inferior quality in our latest blog entry here.. Be Aware of Copy Cat brands by MiniZoo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:49 am

Ohh, yes . The market seems to be absolutely flooded with copies these days Shocked

Schleich, Papo and Collecta especially seem to be the victims Suspect

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Very interesting blog entry and quite oportune. Laughing

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Very good blog entry, thank you for letting everyone know Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Iuri97

Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 pm

It´s only to be expected if you ask me. Every brand that delivers good products and finds sucess usually has to deal with other companies making knock-offs in an effort to trick both kids and parents out of their money. Rolling Eyes I actually enjoy to see images of knock-offs just to know how bad they really are. It´s good for a laugh! I will never forget classics like the "Polystation". Laughing

I actually saw a few knock-offs myself of the Papo dinosaurs at a toy store. They looked similar enough to the real deal at a distance but if you got close enough to them, you could see that they lacked much of the quality and details of the originals. Plus, they came in a box, unlike the actual models.

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: New knockoffs infecting Shopko   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Ok i was looking around at Shopko and i found a opend box filled it Knockoffs of various Animals

The ripped off

Safari
Schleich
and Papo

What really saddens me is that some of these are based on Doug Watsons models made for Safari. And i know how much he hates them.

Im just posting this here to warn those of you who are uninformed to NEVER BUY THESE.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 10:01 pm

I don't understand how it is legal to sell that kind of fakes????
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked No

Still, interesting, - thankyou very much for taking the picture and for sharing flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Thanks for warning us. Unfortunately, I've also seen Schleich knockoffs at tractor supply co. It goes to show that you sometimes need to be careful when buying these.

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 9:55 pm

It's especially awful since they are clearly being displayed right above actual Schleich products.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 8:11 pm

As much as I hate seeing large brands have their models copied....I kinda like that copy of the Safari LTD wolf...even with the crappy paint job and all. Embarassed

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 4:41 pm

sbell wrote:
It's especially awful since they are clearly being displayed right above actual Schleich products.

I did not notice the Schleich Box until afterwards. But yes they do sell them in another part of the store.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 12:51 am

Targets has a couple knockoff Schleich big expensive dinos- one the guy in the banner here, the other a tyrannosaurus that's also the big articulated jaw guy. They're in bins on an endcap for $7.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 7:41 pm

In Germany were also knock off sale in cheap shops like KIK.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The knockoffs and Copycat topic   The knockoffs and Copycat topic Empty

Back to top Go down

The knockoffs and Copycat topic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next