Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting Empty
PostSubject: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Strola  and i think it was old Elastolin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

They are wonderful Andreas cheers

Look at that crocodile ...and the pangolin !!! drunken

Strola must be very, very rare ! I can see at TAI that they existed from 1905 till 1933 Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Pictures of pictures, what a unusual thing! Very Happy I think you are right and these are Elastolin figures. I am the lucky owner of a long-tailed pangolin like this one. Very Happy
It is very hard to find information about Strola but pictures in this page are enough to drive me crazy. affraid Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Pictures of pictures, what a unusual thing! Very Happy I think you are right and these are Elastolin figures. I am the lucky owner of a long-tailed pangolin like this one. Very Happy
It is very hard to find information about Strola but pictures in this page are enough to drive me crazy. affraid Very Happy

Thank you, are you sure it is a long tailed pangolin?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are wonderful Andreas cheers

Look at that crocodile ...and the pangolin !!! drunken

Strola must be very, very rare ! I can see at TAI that they existed from 1905 till 1933 Shocked

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 12:57 am

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you, are you sure it is a long tailed pangolin?

No, I am not sure. it may be one of these optimistic but often very useful species identifications from Willy. However, notice this website. study
Composition figures are normally based in real animals of local zoos (Lineol and Berlin Zoo f.i.), gravures from books or just copied from other brands.
If Elastolin are based on real Zoo animals, I don't know which zoo they used to focus their work. This is a figure from 1930's (according with Kiki), there was a long-tailed pangolin in Hamburg Zoo contemporaneous to this figure.
Many zoos exibited pangolins without being able of determine their species. If Zoos couldn't do it with real animals, it is much more difficult when we are judging directly from figures.
Do you have any evidence that it is not a long-tailed pangolin or you just think it doesn't intend to represent any particular species?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 9:06 am

Thank you. No, itcould be possible but i think i need the figurine to say yes or no. And so it could be, or better i know it, that now i want it :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 11:53 pm

widukind wrote:
Thank you. No, itcould be possible but i think i need the figurine to say yes or no. And so it could be, or better i know it, that now i want it :)

I have the figure and I can't identify it with certainty, it is surely short-tailed for a long-tailed pangolin and ventral area is too dark for a tree pangolin. The short-tail can be explained once the figure is small and a thin long tail could result very fragile. Tiopesao is selling it here but as you are German, you surely can find it cheaper with some luck. There's also the Pfeiffer version that is quite similar to to the Hausser. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 8:57 am

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

I have the figure and I can't identify it with certainty, it is surely short-tailed for a long-tailed pangolin and ventral area is too dark for a tree pangolin. The short-tail can be explained once the figure is small and a thin long tail could result very fragile. Tiopesao is selling it here but as you are German, you surely can find it cheaper with some luck. There's also the Pfeiffer version that is quite similar to to the Hausser. Very Happy

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 5:29 pm

A hollow vintage german figure, it could be Lisanto. But not sure. I got this figure after another local collector meeting. There are any vintage stuff collectors and nobody knows the brand for sure.

The figure is not for my zoo

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm

very nice! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 7:37 pm

wonderful casoar from.. Elastolin?.. cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:01 pm

Caracal wrote:

Could be , i am not sure

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 11:58 pm

OK thank you Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 8:44 am

Caracal wrote:

Yes :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 pm

That's really a special figure. It is surprising the diversity also among vintage brands, I recall also the pangolin, quite unusual.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 5:27 am

Roger wrote:
That's really a special figure. It is surprising the diversity also among vintage brands, I recall also the pangolin, quite unusual.

Or Guinea fowls, as figures only available from vintage brands. Same for lyrebird :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting   Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Pics of old figurines - after local collector meeting
Page 1 of 1