Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rare Woolly Rhino!

Go down 
+6
Ana
75senta75
Anne from Norway
widukind
SUSANNE
Palustris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Palustris

Palustris

Country/State : Canada

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 1:32 am

Hello everyone,

I just bought this great Woolly Rhino off of E-bay. This is a retired Safari Woolly Rhino. I normally try not to spend this much on animal figures, but I know this is a rare one. I have been watching it for weeks before I decided to just buy it.

Everyone knows me as a jaguar-lover, but I am a fan of many, many animals. Rhinos happens to be one of them. I bought this one, but I also bought a Safari Indian Rhino, Safari White Rhino and a Papo Black Rhino. This Woolly Rhino will be their King! lol

I can't wait to receive them.

Here is the Safari Woolly Rhino:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the Safari Indian Rhino:

Here is the Safari White Rhino"

Here is the Papo Black Rhino"

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:38 am

Congratulations with this beautyful "Missing Link" Rhino cheers
He is so unusual and eye-catching , - radiating the near-sighted temper of this strong, solitary giant Very Happy

A wonderful Rhino threesome ! No wonder you are exited bounce Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:16 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:19 am

Very cool, I have never even heard of it!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:29 am

Anne from Norway wrote:

Look here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Anne from Norway wrote:

Look here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Cool, thank you Susanne, I haven't seen this before!
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 12:04 pm

This is really a great treasure for collectors! Such a rare and beautiful model!
Congratulations and thank you very much for showing here on STS. cheers

Palustris

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks everyone.

Susanne, I see that you already have the Woolly Rhino! I didn't realize that this beautiful fellow is old news!! lol

There are so many posts, I have to try and familiarize myself before posting.

Well, there you have it. At least you have all seen my "Rhino Family Collection". I really like the Indian Rhino because they are my favourite subspecies of Rhino.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Congratulations, very nice new rhinos. The Missing Link Woolly Rhino is a rare and beautiful model Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:50 pm

Why is this posted in Customs: "Homemade Models?"    scratch
Shouldn't a better place for it be here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But yes YO! Congrats!
It sure is a nice rhino to find on your wanders.

Palustris

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 11:13 pm

You're right Simone, I don't know how that happened. Perhaps I pressed the "wrong button"?? Embarassed

I'll try to make sure I get it right the next time.... Very Happy

Great Red Panda Avatar! I love Red Pandas and have a great CollectA Red Panda. I'll bet you already have that one.

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Palustris,
I ment no harm with my post.
I was just confused seeing your Rhino in Homemade Models.

Pressing the wrong button sounds very familiar.
It happens to me all the time. LOL

If you like Red Pandas you should definately try to find a AAA sitting Red Panda.
It fits right in with CollectA's Panda, size wise.

Palustris

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:05 am

Believe me...you're post was perfectly harmless.  I actually chuckled to myself when you said that because I realized it when I posted it. I don't know what I did.... Live and learn, right?

I'm going to buy the AAA Red Panda. I love the detail on the face! Just to make sure, this is the one you're talking about, right?

Thanks for the tip. I've always liked this animal from a young child. They used to call this animal the "Lesser Panda" (for those who grew up in the 70's...) and later they changed it to "Red Panda". They did this because initially they classified the Red Panda and Giant Panda as related and both belonging to the "Raccoon Family". Later they realized that the Giant Panda was related to bears, specifially the Spectacled Bear of South America. The Red Panda is actually the only living species in it's own genus known as "genus Ailurus" and is not in the raccoon family or the bear family and is only a VERY DISTANT relative of the Giant Panda.

Anyway, the name Red Panda is MUCH better than Lesser Panda. That was a poor choice of names at that time. This is no "lesser" animal by any means in my opinion.... Very Happy

Last edited by Palustris on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:55 am

Yes, that's the panda I'm talking about.
It's a wonderful little figure.
AAA is known for giving us quite large animal figures, but this one is just right and fits perfectly with the CollectA one.
So in this case we could speak of "Lesser" Panda. Laughing

Thank you for sharing your knowledge about this beautiful creature.
I appreciate it. sunny

Palustris

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Just got the Woolly Rhino and Black Rhino in the mail today!! They are fantastic! The Woolly Rhino is out of this world. I'm glad I splurged and bought it.

It will go nicely with my Woolly Mammoth.......right Yvette? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:17 am

CNGRATULATIONS cheers flower

75senta75

75senta75

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Palustris wrote:
It will go nicely with my Woolly Mammoth.......right Yvette?

Oh yes, absolutely, they fit very well together! Perhaps you have some time to make an photo ? sunny bounce

Palustris

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:34 pm

I definitely will Yvette! I already owe you and everyone else here some photos, so let me start with this one. I have holidays coming up this next week, so I'll get going on that.

Just so you know.....I just got my Indian Rhino and White Rhino yesterday. Both are VERY nice, but the Indian Rhino is AMAZING!!! The photos don't do it justice......
Back to top Go down
Grippen

Grippen

Country/State : Portugal

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi guys, registered here today. I don't collect animal figures only but I used them as companions for my 4'' figures. I have quite a few from several brands already, cats, dogs, bears, lynx/bobcats, dolphins etc..

Where can I get that small AAA Red Panda. Searched on ebay and google cannot find one Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 10:01 pm

Grippen wrote:
Hi guys, registered here today. I don't collect animal figures only but I used them as companions for my 4'' figures. I have quite a few from several brands already, cats, dogs, bears, lynx/bobcats, dolphins etc..

Where can I get that small AAA Red Panda. Searched on ebay and google cannot find one Sad

Hello Grippen, it is always exciting to welcome someone from my country! Very Happy
Oh, I feel you have a lot of nice stories and figures to share with us! Very Happy
Actually, your question is quite pertinent, these red pandas from AAA are not so easy to get. Emma, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] used to sell them in her online shop but they seem to be out of stock for a long time already. I believe members of this forum bought them all once they are adorable. Very Happy Though, collecting is a question of patience and if you check our trades and sales section, maybe you'll be lucky of finding one. Keep also checking regularly Ebay.
You're also asking about the Colorata, you can try to contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - a member of this forum that has easy access to Japanese figures and that help lots of members on forum. Idea
You can see more red panda figures in our Toy Animal Wiki! - I hope you enjoy the forum and feel free to contact me whenever you want once we share the same language and it will be easy. Very Happy

Grippen

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks Roger. Actually the AAA ones I ended up discarding. Very nice figures indeed but as I said I collect mostly 4'' figures (action figures) so I try to keep the animals up to scale and the AAA ones are too big. I already have a Chap Mei Red Panda which is too big. The weird part is that the animals from them come with 4'' figures and most of the animals are oversized.

By the way if someone wants that Panda it is up for grabs.

Moving forward I bought the Colorata Red Panda on ebay today, it was listed as Raccoon and was being sold with 2 other figures. I may place them here for you guys given I don't have much interest on the other 2.

I will nevertheless contact brettnj to see if I can get one more. Pics on the one I bought from Thailand were not good but the eye paint apps don't seem that good compared to some I saw here in the forum. But sometimes in hands they can look a bit different. Do you have any of those Colorata Red Pandas?

PS: that link with red panda figures is missing at least two the Chap Mei one, very rare to find and the Takara one. I bought one recently its a nice figure but the tail movement makes him look funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XantheRose

XantheRose

Country/State : United Kingdom

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Ohhh he's so sweet. He has so much character.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Grippen wrote:

PS: that link with red panda figures is missing at least two the Chap Mei one, very rare to find and the Takara one. I bought one recently its a nice figure but the tail movement makes him look funny Very Happy

Thanks for pointing these two red pandas missing on Toy Animal Wiki, the Chap Mei is now added from Julie's collection but I don't know if any of the editors owns one of these Takkara? scratch Maybe you can provide a picture for the Wiki?
About the remaining I have sent a private message to you. Very Happy

Grippen

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 11:11 am

Roger wrote:
Grippen wrote:

Thanks for pointing these two red pandas missing on Toy Animal Wiki, the Chap Mei is now added from Julie's collection but I don't know if any of the editors owns one of these Takkara? scratch Maybe you can provide a picture for the Wiki?
About the remaining I have sent a private message to you. Very Happy

Cool. I will take a photo of mine when I find some time. He is already on display on my Chap Mei Tree and I'm always lazy to take out the figures from the rack. I managed to fit him in replacing the chap mei one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Woolly Rhino!   Rare Woolly Rhino! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rare Woolly Rhino!
Page 1 of 1