Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016

Go down 
+5
costicuba
Bloodrayne
widukind
Tove
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 Empty
PostSubject: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 am

Action, beauty, detail, charm !! This is typical for the prehistoric models from Papo  cheers
But often correctness is not  Rolling Eyes

Over the years the lovely miscievous looking Papo Velociraptor in the begging-for-a-treat position has changed colour several times, but always he was completely bald  Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now, however, a new, feathered/fluffy little scoundrel has joined the gang  cheers

Look at his face ! He is a true little heartbreaker  I love you

I think he is blind on his left eye, because it is matte, but it does not seem to bother him in the least  Laughing

He has enormous feet !!!! Shocked

But very detailed feet Very Happy

...and a beautyful fan at the tip of his tail  Very Happy

In the photos it is clear that Papo has been using the glue again, but when you have Velocipapor in your hand, it is not really noticeable. His char so totally overshines the seams  Laughing

All in all, a most wonderful new model from Papo cheers

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 1:28 pm

A lovely feathered dino! I still don't have any dinosaurs from Papo. Is this feathered charmer going to be the first? Wink Thanks for making the walkaround. Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Interesting dinosaur :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Tove wrote:
A lovely feathered dino! I still don't have any dinosaurs from Papo. Is this feathered charmer going to be the first? Wink .........

Not a bad one to begin with Very Happy Very Happy
But be careful....Papo's dinos are adiictive affraid Laughing

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Beautiful details. Excellent figure from Papo.  Applause
The feathering is wonderful and I personally like the option of open/closed mouth.
The colours Papo picked for this predator are too dull for me.
To me it looks like a mallard duck. But thrown into the same acid vat the Joker crawled out of.
I can not unsee it. I am sad.

The shops selling this raptor, showing it in upright stand. Standing just right on its two feet.
But can it really, Susanne?
All photos I have seen until now, show the Velociraptor leaning on its forearms. Just like yours.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
The colours Papo picked for this predator are too dull for me.
To me it looks like a mallard duck. But thrown into the same acid vat the Joker crawled out of.
I can not unsee it. I am sad.

Well, we do not know if it had colours like a peacock, parrot, mallard duck, blackbird or a sparrow Laughing

Bloodrayne wrote:
The shops selling this raptor, showing it in upright stand. Standing just right on its two feet.
But can it really, Susanne?
All photos I have seen until now, show the Velociraptor leaning on its forearms. Just like yours.

No . This is the only way it can stand . But it works fine, I think Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 11:27 pm

It works fine for me to know the Velociraptor can only stand leaning on its forearms.
It doesn't take away any of the beauty of this figure.
I just don't understand why shops/Papo would make you believe it can stand up on its 2 back feet.
When it cleary can't.
Some people will be very disappointed by this fact. And I can't blame them.

SUSANNE wrote:
Well, we do not know if it had colours like a peacock, parrot, mallard duck, blackbird or a sparrow Laughing  

No, that will be a mystery to all of us.
However, we all have the power of imagination.
And in my imagination Velociraptors would have looked something like Ninjas.
Not ducks. albino

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 5:29 am

Susanne, thank you very much for this walkaround, with great photos, showing all details sunny
I realy like this Papo model !
It is with great details, very dynamic posture and lovely colors.
I realy like all these colors, it makes the model very ``rich`` :)
And makes me want it Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:27 am

I am sure you will love him, Kosta cheers

Bloodrayne wrote:
And in my imagination Velociraptors would have looked something like Ninjas.
Not ducks. albino

Didn't Ninjas mainly wear black and grey ?
Yes, that could indeed be a great velocipaptor Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 2:56 am

Feathers in Papo dinosaurs is something radical. It can represent a radical change in their design orientation. We can see the amazing high level of detail and the appealing style, that head is incredibly nice! Here is a good excuse to Papo introduce a new T-rex soon! ... feathers. Very Happy Thanks for your fantastic walk around! flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Thankyou, dear Roger flower

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 1:24 am

He is gorgeous. I hope for a second one with another color in 2017.

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 am

I'm not a fan of raptors but when I saw this guy it was love at first sight! I love all the details it has! Thankyou for these wonderful photos!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Thankyou, Tupo and Malesta sunny

Funny thing is that when he ssits on the piano with other dinos, he is the one that people always pick up and admire Very Happy
Fortunately he is a nice and friendly little feller, and rarely bites anybody, if they handle him carefully and tell him he is beautyful Laughing

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 9:16 pm

OOOH wonderful hight detailed figurine I love you bounce

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Yes, Luka, when I saw it in internet about a year ago I was not too convinced about it, but later when I got it I found it absolutely stunning. Susanne, indeed, he is a good guy jajaja
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016   The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

The featerhed velociraptor from Papo 2016
Page 1 of 1