Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please

Go down 
+10
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
pipsxlch
landrover
Jill
Bowhead Whale
Babdo
Jennypurr
SUSANNE
Roger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 6:03 pm

Jill wrote:
Thank you guys!

By the way, to avoid reading the whole topic.
I see 3 first series are complete but 1994 series seems to be composed of two figures each mold from A to F.
One of each "A" and "D" are not identified yet and the Barb is missing.
We also have to sort a Shetland that probably is the same already listed and it should be removed from the figures to be sorted but there is also an Icelandic, here is one for sale, can you see mould letter, is it D? Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 7:25 pm

Roger wrote:

I see 3 first series are complete but 1994 series seems to be composed of two figures each mold from A to F.
The three I am missing from that set are the Icelandic Pony, the Barb, and the Gidran Arabian.

Quote :
We also have to sort a Shetland that probably is the same already listed and it should be removed from the figures to be sorted but there is also an Icelandic, here is one for sale, can you see mould letter, is it D? Laughing
Yes, that's the Icelandic Pony and his letter is D! I am not sure what letters are the Barb and Arabian, because I have yet to see a photo of the underside of either. However, I have seen photos of them both and I do believe they finish off that set.

And the Shetland Pony is I think the same one. There at least is not another Shetland on any of the backcards I have found so far, and the numbers work out.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 11:32 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

The three I am missing from that set are the Icelandic Pony, the Barb, and the Gidran Arabian.

Quote :
Yes, that's the Icelandic Pony and his letter is D! I am not sure what letters are the Barb and Arabian, because I have yet to see a photo of the underside of either. However, I have seen photos of them both and I do believe they finish off that set.

And the Shetland Pony is I think the same one. There at least is not another Shetland on any of the backcards I have found so far, and the numbers work out.

Many thanks, I already turned the 4th set into a gallery like the others.
I am convinced you will find the missing horses and we will sort everything correctly.
Yes, the Shetland was not removed when I added yours, so I removed it. It is impressive that you are almost completing the entire series! Shocked

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 12:05 am

Alright, we know they are not Funrise but Toy Major, but since they are still in this thread, I figure I would add it here. The last of the set 1998 Mare and Foals set (maybe), the baby for the gray Clydesdale. Letter is B.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 12:49 am

1988, right? Wink We have now moulds from A to D for foals while adultes we have C, H, J and L.
My understanding is the following. Likely, there are 12 adult molds and 4 foal moulds.
each foal has 3 different color variations to match all adults. It means that probably Foal C is not the foal of the Appaloosa also marked with C, though, it is all speculative and also to force you to search the rest of the collection even if it is just hypothetical. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 12:53 am

Roger wrote:
1988, right? Wink
Whoops, yes  Palmface

Quote :
We have now moulds from A to D for foals while adultes we have C, H, J and L.
My understanding is the following. Likely, there are 12 adult molds and 4 foal moulds.
each foal has 3 different color variations to match all adults. It means that probably Foal C is not the foal of the Appaloosa also marked with C, though, it is all speculative and also to force you to search the rest of the collection even if it is just hypothetical. Laughing
I wonder if the these four adults have those letters just because the Funrise horses have the same letters, and it was not changed? The appaloosa foal and mare definitely are a color match. The foals are not Funrise molds, and so perhaps that's why they have four letters that go together while the adults do not?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 2:04 am

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:
1988, right? Wink
Whoops, yes  Palmface

Quote :
We have now moulds from A to D for foals while adultes we have C, H, J and L.
I wonder if the these four adults have those letters just because the Funrise horses have the same letters, and it was not changed? The appaloosa foal and mare definitely are a color match. The foals are not Funrise molds, and so perhaps that's why they have four letters that go together while the adults do not?

Yes, to corroborate your observation, is the fact that you've gotten 4 adultes with 4 corresponding foals and the chances were not high if my theory was right. Also, I assumed the question mark on Appaloosa's foal page was related with the fact I was not sure it was the corresponding foal but defintely they're a color match.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 2:59 am

I will nevertheless keep an eye open for 8 more horses. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptySun May 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Part of an Ebay find the Karabair. Smile

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 12:58 am

Congrats on the Karabair, Taos!  Applause

Exciting day today - the last of them finally came my way. cheers I had seen the barb and Icelandic for sale several times but I had a feeling if I waited I would someday find a lot with all three of the ones I was still looking for . . . and it finally happened! Now it's sort of weird not to type in "funrise horse" on ebay, something I have been doing almost every day for a year now.  Laughing

1994 A - Gidran Arabian (another example of Funrise's color choices not being best for the selected breed, since Gidrans (Hungarian Anglo-Arab) are always chestnut. But they just love this black and red/brown combo! I do think this is one of the best molds from the 1994 set.)

1994 D - Barb

1994 D - Icelandic Pony (this is the set that has double of each letter)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 1:34 am

Congratulations Jill! It is always a satisfying feeling when we complete a series. I also understand that something is missing now and it is the fun of finding out all these models during all these months. Though, you won't stop collecting, you can now put your focus on other series. Now the 48 horses are listed on TAW. It is late here, let's see if I do not forget to open a page dedicated to the Hungarian breed.
I'm happy for you and it was fun to follow your adventure. Will you take a 4 rows family pic? Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 1:57 am

Thanks! It is a good feeling, especially after a while of looking. Very satisfying! So is looking at the TAW galleries. :)

Roger wrote:

I'm happy for you and it was fun to follow your adventure. Will you take a 4 rows family pic? Laughing
Once I figure out how to fit them all onto the shelves together, I plan on it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 3:13 am

Nice additions Jill
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 10:53 am

Oh wow, the sense of satisfaction with ticking off those final missing pieces to complete the set! And yes, it must feel super weird not having to type that search any more, like you've forgotten to do something important then you remember why you haven't had to do it and get to feel satisfied all over again, hahah

The wrong colours continue to be amusing, makes you wonder why whoever designed them flicked through their horse book, saw the example photo of say a chestnut horse, and thought 'No, you know what, I'll make mine a different colour than that'

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 9:23 pm

Congrats!!!!

PostSubject: Funrise   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 9:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Funrise horse series 1988 has lead paint?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 11:52 pm

Melody wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Funrise horse series 1988 has lead paint?

Welcome on forum! Lead paint I am almost sure they have but if you mean if it they violate the levels of lead considered unsafe for children, I really don't know. I know Blip Toys and Imperial figures were recalled or are known for having that issue. Though, they're not dangerous for collecting purposes.

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5