Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

do you know the value of this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XantheRose

XantheRose

Country/State : United Kingdom

do you know the value of this? Empty
PostSubject: do you know the value of this?   do you know the value of this? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:03 pm

I found someone selling a bundle of Schleich Bayala on ebay. Most of the items are mismatched (wrong riders on wrong horses that kind of thing) but there's a rare elf that comes from a toys'r'us exclusive pack. I asked the seller if he would sell it individually and offered to buy it for £10 but he said the offer was too low. Since this is a non animal figure I guess most people here won't know what to tell me, but I want to know how much I should be spending on it, keeping in mind I'm not made of money but it's also verrrrrrry rare! Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong topic

do you know the value of this? Schlei10
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: do you know the value of this?   do you know the value of this? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 2:58 pm

As you say, most of us collect only animal models, - but there are collectors of Bayala too Very Happy

If it were a very rare, exclusive animal model, though, I would also say that 10 £ is a bit low.
On the other hand, it is part of the set, ... hmmm scratch

XantheRose

XantheRose

PostSubject: Re: do you know the value of this?   do you know the value of this? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 3:11 pm

I didn't mean to lowball him, I genuinely thought that was a reasonable offer Neutral I guess I still have much to learn Laughing

thanks for replying !

my search list
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: do you know the value of this?   do you know the value of this? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:11 pm

If you think it was a reasonable offer than it was.
Don't feel bad or obliged to offer more.
Maybe the elf is rare, but you can't deny that you've found one on Ebay today.
Therefor, you will find another one again in time.
Maybe on Ebay, maybe somewhere else.
Just keep in mind what you think is a fair price for this figure.
And you will find one for that price, as long as you can bring up the patience and the teneciousness of that thought.

And that is exactly what the "hunt" is all about.
Don't cave in because some stranger with no knowledge of Bayala says it's waaaaaay more valuable.
It is not.

Just walk away and be patient.
You will find a new, better sale.  sunny

XantheRose

PostSubject: Re: do you know the value of this?   do you know the value of this? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 9:59 am

You're exactly right Simone! I'm sure it will come around again sometime for a price I am happy to pay. Thank you for your advice.

my search list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you know the value of this?   do you know the value of this? Empty

Back to top Go down

do you know the value of this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: