Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house

Go down 
+4
Ana
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house Empty
PostSubject: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Recently I saw in a big "online flea market" an offer with animal figures. The foto shows about 40 animal figures.
At the picture I also have discovered some PV figures. So I bought the figures. A real surprise package, now today it has arrived.

Was what in in the parcel ?  Many PV animals, some animals by brand XX, some unknown figures, "China - no-name- figures" , Club Earth and some Bullyland Comic figures.
Here they are.

arrow First, the picture from the offer at online flea market. You can see some PV animals around there

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

arrow Parcel at home

Now the PV animals

But there are some more surprises

The very nice Thorn bug by PV

arrow Very interesting are some dinosaurs in the parcel. They are marked with names and numbers, but not by brand. They looks like PV figures.

I know, there is a great topic by Beatrice at STS, where she shows Dinosaur by PV from Moser Verlag "Die Welt der Dinosaurier".
In this set are dinosaurs by PV, which are not marked with "PV". I can´t find it for the moment here at STS, but it must be somewhere... scratch
I know, Roger knows more about these dinosaurs by PV.  Very Happy  study

Here are the dinosaurs, all are marked with "name", number and "China".

From the left to the right:

Cynognathus(number 7), Pteranodon (number 8 ) and  Ouranosaurus (number15).

Cynognathus(number 7)

Ouranosaurus (number15).

arrow Now my question: Is this the dinosaur Cynognathus (number 7) made by PV ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

arrow But the parcel has some more surprises. Some nice lizards by brand XX

arrow Now some "no name brands"

A bear by New Ray was also in the parcel. I have this bear already in my collection. But the new bear is darker as my model.

arrowThe leopard gecko looks like the model by PV, but it´s only marked with "China"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Big congratulations, a great catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 9:27 pm

This is one of these magic lots that all collectors of small figurines wish to receive.
Many really great animals from different Play Visions sets, Much probably I'll ask you a lot of things. For now I'd love to know which number is marked in your okapi and macaw, no doubt they're versions from the Rainforest wildlife bulk. It seems you have them all except the orangutan? scratch

The best evidence that we have that these dinosaurs were sold by Play Visions is the 1998 catalogue. arrow
Obviously they are manufactured by a Chinese company and much probably they were sold under other brand names, though, yours arrived together with other PV marked figures so I think we can tell they're PV. Very Happy
Cynognathus is really missing on TAI. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Play Visions sold lots of other little figures just marked China, namely their mini figures but I am not good finding these small things.
I love also all others, other brands included, this world is fantastic and a good way to collect a huge diversity not risking to fill up our houses.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 10:02 pm

What a fabulous find cheers

As Roger writes...the dream for a collector , - and a good example of how "lucky" people can get, if they know what to look for Very Happy
Looking at the first, yellow picture, I would never have recognized any of these great models  geek
Congratulations, Yvette, - well done !!!!

And thankyou for the wonderful photos !

PS, - what would we all do without the incredible amount of knowledge of Roger ? Very Happy

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 12:52 am

Roger wrote:
These figures, contrarily to most of others, are not marked PV but we can identify them once all of them are marked with a number, animal name and "China".

1. Polacanthus
2. ?
3. Brachiosaurus
4. Ankylosaurus
5. Palaeoscincus
6. Tyrannosaurus Rex
7. ?

Wow, Roger you are so great! Yes, that´s what´s I am looking for!  You have solved the puzzles! cheers  Dinosaur Cynognathus (number 7) is the missing 7 from your topic!
Have a look at these Play Visions page from the catalogue you have posted here. The first left picture at this page with many dinos.
This picture shows three rows with dinosaurs: The first row, the second dinosaur is number 7!

Roger wrote:
For now I'd love to know which number is marked in your okapi and macaw, no doubt they're versions from the Rainforest wildlife bulk. It seems you have them all except the orangutan?

The macaw has number 1 /1998 and okapi has number 5 and was also made in 1998.
Oh, yes - the orangutan was in the parcel too, I only have forgotten to make an photo! What a Face It has number 8. I already have this figure in my collection, now I have two of them. Also my other orangutan has number 8.

Susanne wrote:
Looking at the first, yellow picture, I would never have recognized any of these great models

Thanks Susanne! You are right, these PV animals are full of fine details. drunken

Susanne wrote:
what would we all do without the incredible amount of knowledge of Roger ?
study study cheers cheers cheers Yes, I agree with you! Roger is a living "animal figures lexicon"! cheers cheers study study study

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 3:00 am

Wow, if macaw is nunmber 1, the Rainforest puzzle is not correct yet. We only knew the 1996 version from parrots bulk that is marked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Okapi and orangutan numbers match those we obtained. Very Happy It means I need more numbers. Laughing
Mandrill we have on TAI is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but it is the version from Monkeys bulk that is also from 1998. So, I suppose yours is marked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
3 is leopard, 4 boa and 6 civet. study bounce These numbers helped us a lot to organize all bulks missing on 1998 catalogue, but, to do it correctly, we also needed to know the numbers of those in catalogue. I may ask you some more further if you don't mind.

Thanks also for your words but I am not as knowledgeable, I am just very dedicated and witht he help of several of you, we're building TAI that turns anyone in an expert. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 9:17 am

Congratulations Yvette! That's a wonderful package! And a dream for many collectors Very Happy A box full of lovely and rare animal models, yay! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Big congarts and what a luck to find such a great package full of beauties <3

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 4:02 am

Is the best lot of animals to your collection.Applause Applause

marvellous variety.

congratulations Yvette. sunny sunny

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 am

Thanks Andreas, Anna, Karin.

Fernando wrote:
Is the best lot of animals to your collection.

Thanks Ferando, that was indeed a very fine and special "surprise parcel."
But the best lot ever in my collection I got last year. It was also an suprise package with
very bad photos in the offer. But when it´s coming in my home, I saw it was full with more as
70 old figures by Lineol and Elastolin, most figures where in very good or good contidtion.

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:51 pm

What a great surprise package, with lots of intersting and different animals! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house   2 - Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprise parcel with a lot of animals by PLAY VISIONS is coming in my house
Page 1 of 1