Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ricolino

Go down 
+8
landrover
Roger
Kikimalou
NightLioness
SUSANNE
widukind
sbell
Tarunyada
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Ricolino   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 pm

sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Today I discovered some more about the Ricolino series, completely by accident. I used the information I found earlier to add on TAi, but it seems Ricolino and Maraja use different numbering. I'd like to stick with Ricolino for now, so I'll make some changes on TAi. But more interesting, I found some new figurines/species!

Starting with the first listing, which I found on a Mexican site (like eBay):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
1. Mediterranean monk seal
2. Emperor penguin
4. Walrus
5. Great white shark
6. Seahorse
7. Giant oceanic manta ray
8. Blue whale
9. Bottlenose dolphin
10. Beluga
11. Killer whale
12. Loggerhead sea turtle
13. Manatee

I translated the leaflets to the species noted above. As you may notice, number 3 is missing. So I kept on digging. But I didn't find just one more figurine for this series, but three more!

Common octopus - Moray eal - Hammerhead shark

This means that there are at least 15 figurines in this series. I'll stick with the Ricolino information, because there are more animals in this series than in Maraja's. This is all I could find about this sea/marine animals series. Unfortunately, I can't find the original naming of the series. And the thing with Maraja is still a bit of a mystery. I tried to find them online, but their website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] isn't working anymore, and I can't find anything about them. It looks like they don't exist anymore. I might try and contact Ricolino; maybe they can provide me with some information about their Choco Sorpresa series.

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:42 pm

But I'm not done with my Ricolino research for today! Because I found another listing on the same Mexican site, with maybe even more interesting figurines.. Remember when I told about Sean's ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) hyena that came on a base?

Tarunyada wrote:
Note on the Ricolino hyena: part of an African Wildlife series, which at least included a lion. Bases fit together and form the African continent.
Also known: a koala in an Australian Wildlife series, same concept as the African Wildlife series.

Well, I did find some figurines from this Australian series - and an Asian series! Including these bases, so they must be the same series as Sean told us about earlier!

As for the Australian series, I spot a koala, kiwi (not strictly Australia), platypus and I guess a Tasmanian devil as well (although it's brown, not black). There's also a grey possum-ish creature. The orangutan must be from the Asian series. There is a bovine (yak?) and some sort of rodent. And there's a gorilla (I guess?) as well, but that's probably from the African series (for we already knew that one existed).

But the listing inlcudes some unopened figurines as well. Unfortunately the lighting on the pictures is awfull, but there is yet more to be discovered!

You can clearly read that the one on the top right is a panda from the Asian series (figurine 2 of 8 ) and that the one on the bottom right is from the African series (figurine 2 of 8 ). I did some ultra zooming and I'm pretty sure it's some jackal species.

I have no idea what to make of the third one, exept that it's figurine 6 out of 8. On closer inspection, I think the leaflet says 'zorro', which mean fox, but there's another word which I can't read (first letter looks like a 'v'). So it must be some sort of fox, but I don't know from which series.

Well I just notice the species are named in the description of the listing Laughing The 9 unpacked figurines don't have their label/leaflet, so as I did, the seller guessed their species. According to the seller, these are the species:

Quote :
Orangutan, gorilla, lemming (?), koala, kiwi, Tasmanian devil, ox (?), platypus and wombat (?)

The unopened figurines are (panda not mentioned by the seller):

Quote :
Jackal and flying fox (zorro volador

Well, no fox (sorry Roger), but a flying fox Laughing You can see their bases clearly here:

There's a dinosaur (Parasaurolophus) in the listing as well, but I'll dedicate a new post to Ricolino's dinosaurs (I found some of them as well!). But I find this series pretty neat so far; I wouldn't mind getting some of them. If you have any ideas about the 'lemming', 'wombat' and the bovine, I'd love to hear it!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:45 pm

By the way, my seahorse (which I showed earlier, in a different topic) is indeed from Ricolino (number 6 from the sea/marine series):

Tarunyada wrote:
6. Seahorse

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Still not done! We already knew about a series with dogs as well. I found some pictures of this series! It's actually called 'Pets 2', and according to the numbers that are given to the figurines, there are at least 24 figurines in this series. I only found dogs so far, but it isn't called just 'Dogs' for nothing, I guess! Expecting at least some cats Laughing Here are the pictures (pictures by seller):

Thanks to this picture, I know the following:

(..)
13. Dalmatian dog
15. Alaskan malumate
16. Yorkshire terrier
17. Golden retriever
18. Bull terrier
20. Snauzer
21. St Bernard
22. Great Dane
23. Cocker spaniel
24. Samoyed
(?)

Can someone help me with the last identification on the first pic? The dog in the middle row, second from left. Is it a Shar-Pei?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Very very very very interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 7:09 pm

I still have to show you more from the horses and the dinosaurs, but whilst searching for more of the Pets series, I found a finished listing from the series with the bases (the continent-series). I'm sorry the picture is so small, but I thought it would be better to share a small pic than none at all!

So we see five different base colours. My first guess was that every continent had its own colour, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Brown (Australia) has the platypus.
Green (Asia) has the giant panda and some other bear species (this is definitely Asia, because that was on the label/leaflet that came with the giant panda; check out two posts back).
Yellow (other part of Asia?) has flying fox, white tiger and some kind of bird of prey (bearded vulture?).
Red (Africa) has hyena, lion, gorilla, some sort of monkey (at the complete back) and.. Something that looks like a Komodo dragon? Well that doesn't fit in Africa Laughing
Grey (?), well.. That looks like a serval? But that's an African species. I'm stuck scratch

So far the wild guesses on this series! But I did find a better picture of the jackal from the African series:

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 7:10 pm

widukind wrote:

Isn't it? bounce I knew Ricolino had some nice figurines, but more and more interesting species keep turning up!

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 pm

And now for the dinosaurs! I didn't find as much different species as with the other series, but every information is welcome Smile

Number 6 is the Parasaurolophus. Furthermore I spot a Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus rex, Pteranodon, Plesiosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Iguanodon (?), and some Sauropod. Please, dino-experts, correct me if I'm wrong about any species! As you can see in the background, there are some skeleton versions as well. But I can't find a lot more than this. I really hope to find some more packed figurines, so I can try and read their labels/leaflets.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
widukind wrote:

Isn't it? bounce I knew Ricolino had some nice figurines, but more and more interesting species keep turning up!

Oh yes, thats great, and the problem :)

So i hope there is a chance for the hunting :)

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

And last but not least as far as my Ricolino research goes for today (unless I keep finding new stuff), their horses. I don't collect horses that much, but my oh my, Ricolino made some really nice ones for their Choco Sorpresa series (Karin agrees Laughing )! I already shared a full pic of them earlier; here you are:

Tarunyada wrote:

Mexican (2 pairs of legs: standing or riding)
Female rider (2 pairs of legs: standing or riding)
Cowboy(2 pairs of legs: standing or riding)
Groomsman
Black horse, rearing
White horse, bucking
Palomino horse with saddle
Foal, lying
Brown draft horse > shire?
Grey horse
Pinto horse, running
White horse, 'sitting'
Brown horse, running
White horse, walking
Grey-brown draft horse
Black horse

But I found some descriptions that are pretty helpful for their TAi information!

These are included in the series:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]01.
02. American Saddlebred
03. Andalusian
04. Arabian
05. Camargue
06. Mustang
07. Friesian
09. Pinto
10. Colt
11. Quarter horse
12. Falabella
16. Jockey
Missing numbers (breeds/naming not sure): two draft horses (probably one Shire), wrangler, cowboy and groomsman/stable boy.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:30 am

That is an impressive research Julie! You are really good on it. Now we can find a lot of information about Ricolino to be sorted. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 4:41 am

Interesting information, congrats.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 am

WOW ! What a great research you have done cheers Applause Applause Applause flower

Tarunyada wrote:

Thanks to this picture, I know the following:

(..)
13. Dalmatian dog
15. Alaskan malumate
16. Yorkshire terrier
17. Golden retriever
18. Bull terrier
20. Snauzer
21. St Bernard
22. Great Dane
23. Cocker spaniel
24. Samoyed
(?)

Can someone help me with the last identification on the first pic? The dog in the middle row, second from left. Is it a Shar-Pei?

Yes, Shar-Pei . Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 11:06 am

Thank you most kindly, Roger, Fernando and Susanne Smile

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:18 pm

Interesting brand from Latin America... Does anyone have images of the African wildlife series? Or at least the list of species?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 12:08 pm

found a new pic selva lacandona

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:12 pm

Missed this topic, looks interesting 🤔
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:13 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Missed this topic, looks interesting 🤔

Yes, they are interesting

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 4:15 am

really nice clip together pieces
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:51 pm

I like a lot these selva lacandona! cheers cheers .. bu the conejo is an otter! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Ricolino   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricolino
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2