Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My account is being erased

Go down 
+3
Roger
SUSANNE
Anne from Norway
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

My account is being erased Empty
PostSubject: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 6:24 am

A week ago I got a mail that my account was being erased due to inactivity. I was very sad to hear this because I really love this forum, and it has done so much for my collecting hobby.

I have to say I was surprised, because although I'm not amongst the most active, I am on here to read almost every day, and I write comments at least once a week, maybe a little less in busy times. I'm sorry if that is not enough to stay member here.
I am still logged on with my phone, so I could write this, but I can't log on from my PC or other devices anymore. So if this is the last time, I want to say thank you to all my new friends for having inspired me so much to do this hobby, it's been fun! I have learned so much from tou all!

I will not make another account, because the demands for activity is more than I can provide, I have small kids that take a lot of my time.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 7:39 am

But, but, don't you think it is spam ? Shocked

Nobody here thinks that you are inactive, and it does NOT happen automaticly.
But I'll check anyway...back in a minute Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 7:42 am

Back again.

Your account has no comments, and it says that you are active !
It must be some evil spam Suspect
Another member had the problem with his PC a couple of months ago, and it turned out it was a virus...do you have virus-check ?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:17 am

I found out what was the problem for the other member, who could not access STS in his PC : It was his virus-protection (called Kaspersky ), that blocked for his access.

But he didn't get a message to tell him he was inactive .... scratch

Can anybody help ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:31 am

I checked all settings and our forum is not erasing members automatically. It is made periodically and manually and there's no criteria that could justify your account from being deactivated. You're a wonderful member and relatively active, so nobody would erase you for sure. Maybe a system mistake or spam as Susanne said. Is there any chance that you could forward your message to my e-mail?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
We won't let your account be erased. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:46 am

HURRAAAY ! Roger to the rescue Crocodile cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:25 am

Check the address it's coming from. Likely spam, if it's a weird address then you know for sure Wink

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 12:49 am

I have forwarded it now, Roger. The sender is called just STS Forum, with the address forumotion.com

I am very happy if it's not real, but why am I then not able to log in?
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 2:06 am

Are they sending you a link? it could be a "spoofing" / "Phishing" scheme if that's the case.

I only ask because you look like you're logged in to me. If it's a link thing, it might be good to get your password changed?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:05 am

Anne from Norway wrote:
I have forwarded it now, Roger. The sender is called just STS Forum, with the address forumotion.com

I am very happy if it's not real, but why am I then not able to log in?

You are logged in Anna, we can read and you can write posts. Change your password, if you can't, ask us and we will provide you a new one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 5:20 am

Yes, but if I can't log in from my computer I can't write much, it takes too long to write from the phone.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 10:03 am

If you still can't log in from your computer but you can do it from your phone, it means the problem is your computer not STS, did you change something recently?
Back to top Go down
Tove

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 1:00 pm

So nice to se you on the forum again today! cheers cheers cheers sunny flower
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Tove wrote:
So nice to se you on the forum again today! cheers cheers cheers sunny flower

bounce cheers bounce sunny cheers Applause Applause cheers

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 5:58 am

Thanks! Yes, it seems that most of my problem has been fixed, so I'm back! I still can't log on from my ipad, though, only the phone, which makes it a pain to write a lot, so my entries might be short from now on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My account is being erased   My account is being erased Empty

Back to top Go down

My account is being erased
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Life on STS :: Problems and solutions-
Jump to: