Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife

Go down 
+15
zirkoon
barracudacat
Farm collector
LukaLeon085
landrover
SeanieP
Roger
JamesPanda
widukind
SUSANNE
Florian
stecal
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
Numa
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife Empty
PostSubject: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:24 pm

So here it is, the ones we have all been waiting for!  The new wild animals from Bullyland 2017! Bullyland did correctly inform me that their would be THREE wildlife models and they are indeed a pleasant surprise. The wolves will no doubt belong to the forest life series but as they are all wild animals I have listed them all here together:

Wolf Walking (64463)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wolf Pup (64464)

Wolf howling (64465)

Black Rhinoceros (63697)

Cape Buffalo (63698)

Giraffe Male 20cm (63710)

My comments:

So the wolves are a remodel/remake which were long overdue.  It is probably the angle of the image but the wolf pup looks odd and the legs of the walking wolf very skinny.

The rhino has made a return after only recently being discontinued a few years ago.  so not a new species but still a new pose altogether which I welcome as it is a very nice model indeed.

The handsome male giraffe was long overdue in this pose as I am sure the current female with lowered neck would not be a particularly popular model with kids.  This version is 20cm high.

The most exciting of the models here is the Cape Buffalo - It was totally unexpected as I have resigned myself to believing that Bullyland are reducing their wildlife selection each year and that we wouldn't see a new wildlife species for years and so this was a surprise.  Whilst this animal is represented by other brands it is completely new for Bullyland which gives me hope for 2017!  What next? Some antelopes?  I think this Buffalo is very nice indeed!  The pose reminds me a little of their European Bison model (wisent)

So let's hear your comments!  I love reading them Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for sharing Numaan! It's nice to see they're continuing the wildlife line Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:29 pm

The wolves are a little strange but we hold out hope. And the buffalo and think are nice too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for sharing i like the buffalo
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Euhhh the Buffalo is bad ... look at the horn's position ? It looks like a white tailed gnu Shocked

And this black rhino has something too feline ... the pose is strange I find.

However, thank you Numaan for the pictures :)

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 5:01 pm

WILDLIFE FROM BULLYLAND cheers cheers

As you say, Numaan, the Bullyland wolves have been around for a looong time ! The family was made in 1991 . But they are nice models.
From the pictures here, the new ones look a bit weird, - however I look forward to see them in real, as the pictures seem to be photoshopped and cut slobbily out of a background.
The legs look thin, but I wonder if we haven't gotten used to wolf model legs being too thick ?

The rhino looks great !

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 5:06 pm

No Bullyland for me in 2017.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 5:41 pm

the wolves !! and the Giraffe !! and the Rhino !! sunny hopefully the final pics will be different and much nicer . thanks again Numaan

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 pm

So I like the thin legs of these wolves and the sinister looking of the first wolf. The movement of that particular wolf may look strange at first but it is not hard to find wolves walking with a similar pose. The buffalo has a problem with horns indeed and it looks somewhat insprired in a Spanish fighting bull but the pose is nice and a new species to Bullyland range as you mentioned.
Black rhinoceros is probably the most interesting for me. It has a nervous pose, black rhinos are quite nervous when compared with white rhinos, it has a short head and I love the detail of the tail. I also believe it will be larger than those from other companies as it happens with the previous version. Some details don't look correct like the large ears for example but I hope someone will walk around it once I believe it will look very nice from several angles.
The giraffe is not very exciting, the proportions of the hind quarters don't look to fit with front half of the body, hind legs seem very long and in a strange pose and the reticulating is quite geometric as it was in Mojö giraffes before Harriet's versions. Though, it has an excellent size to fit with most of other figures that are in 1:20 scale, it put this giraffe around 4 metters that is the average size of these creatures. Waiting for member reviews to give my final veredict. Wink bounce

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 2:29 am

I would have to see the African animals in person but I would probably buy at least one each. I do like the rhino's stance but the feet look like paws. If I like the buffalo I would add a few to my herd.   The giraffe I hope he goes good with the female and calf.  The wolves (which I do not collect) have too skinny legs and their eyes are bugging-out looking.

thanks for photos!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 2:32 am

Good figures,specially the rhino and howling wolf.

I like these two animals

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 am

Ooh, I like all cyclops

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 10:12 am

Me too !! Bullyland may not make realistic figures but I still like the few that they make.. the pose that they are in makes them special to me !! Wink glad they got the Rhino back , the wolves family pack I need for sure !! and the giraffe is also endearing !! will give company to the CollectA , Bully mama n calf and schleich and papo giraffes cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 12:08 pm

I just love the Cape Buffalo I love you bounce
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Very nice animal figures. As unusual as these wolves look, I'm actually rather fond of them. I think they have a nice stylization, but at the same time, that can be a problem with cartoonish figures. They can either attract or alienate an audience based on what individual people like. Realistic animals have a much wider appeal.

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 pm

No Bullyland for me in 2017 too!
The old models of Bullyland are much more interesting to me.
I like the old Birds from bullyland like the woodpeckers, the pheasant or the heron.
Bullyland has some great animals like the 64454 Wisent etc. but the collection 2017 is really boring.
Not very innovative or special - sorry!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:40 pm

zirkoon wrote:
I like the old Birds from bullyland like the woodpeckers, the pheasant or the heron.
Bullyland has some great animals like the 64454 Wisent etc. but the collection 2017 is really boring.

But the spiders !!! They are fantastic cheers

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 11:44 pm

While the legs look a bit too thin on the wolves, I am very happy to see they finally updated them. Since I am a wolf collector, these three will surely be added to my shelves when they are released!

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 2:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's right Susanne the spiders look great!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm

zirkoon wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's right Susanne the spiders look great!

I think that it is Bullyland in a nutshell : If you look for it, you will often find some gold there Cool Laughing

zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],You say it, I hunt the little old bullyland animals on ebay or on flea markets.
and you‘re right, sometimes it feels like you've found gold! haha
And some old birds, fishes or old forest animals are so beautiful and unique.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 pm

zirkoon wrote:

Welcome und willkommen aus Dresden :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:01 am

The rhino is nice. ^^

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:39 pm

I like the howling one but the other two wolves are kind of bad honestly,lol. I would expect better workmanship from a major company like this.

MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad nope...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife   Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullyland 2017 Models: Wildlife & Forestlife
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next