Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Birdtales 3

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Stu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stu

Stu

Country/State : Australia / Queensland

Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 am

Just received my 16 figurines of Kaiyodo's Birdtales 3.
Seems there were two sets of 12 with 8 items the same in each set.

The blue set -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and the green set -

Here are my photos -

01 rock ptarmigan (Lagopus muta) winter plumage
02 rock ptarmigan (Lagopus muta) summer plumage
03 goldcrest (Regulus regulus)
04 Japanese robin (Larvivora akahige, formerly Erithacus akahige)

05 spotted nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes)
06 stoat or short-tailed weasel (Mustela erminea) winter fur
07 Japanese serow (Capricornis crispus)
08 whitespotted char (Salvelinus leucomaenis) with red spots

09 orange tip butterfly (Anthocharis cardamines)
10 komakusa (Dicentra peregrina) white form
11 female hiker
12 lantern

and the 4 different ones -

06a stoat or short-tailed weasel (Mustela erminea) summer fur
08a whitespotted char (Salvelinus leucomaenis) with white spots
10a komakusa (Dicentra peregrina) rose-purple form
12a horse (Aso no Uma) an extinct Japanese horse breed?

Last edited by Stu on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:33 am

This is very interesting Shocked

Congratulations with these adoreable models I love you

Thanks for info and photos !! Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:37 am

Ps, about the  horse Aso no Uma , look how many Japanese breeds of horses that have become extinct :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinct_native_Japanese_horse_breeds Sad

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:34 am

It is a wonderful serie that i own too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 am

Those are great figures, Japanese promote very well their fauna for home market but they never made a real atempt of divulging their fauna internationally. Obviously Japanese fauna is not as alternative and unusual as Australian fauna for example but they should use their good tradition in designing and conceiving miniatures to expand their concepts widely. It is time to Japan start a company with a manufacturing style similar to Western companies but widely available and dedicated to Japanese fauna. Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Roger wrote:
Those are great figures, Japanese promote very well their fauna for home market but they never made a real atempt of divulging their fauna internationally. Obviously Japanese fauna is not as alternative and unusual as Australian fauna for example but they should use their good tradition in designing and conceiving miniatures to expand their concepts widely. It is time to Japan start a company with a manufacturing style similar to Western companies but widely available and dedicated to Japanese fauna. Very Happy

Agreed meh!

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Stu wrote:
Just received my 16 figurines of Kaiyodo's Birdtales 3.
Seems there were two sets of 12 with 8 items the same in each set.

The blue set -

and the green set -

Here are my photos -

01 rock ptarmigan (Lagopus muta) winter plumage
02 rock ptarmigan (Lagopus muta) summer plumage
03 goldcrest (Regulus regulus)
04 Japanese robin (Larvivora akahige, formerly Erithacus akahige)

05 spotted nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes)
06 stoat or short-tailed weasel (Mustela erminea) winter fur
07 Japanese serow (Capricornis crispus)
08 whitespotted char (Salvelinus leucomaenis) with red spots

09 orange tip butterfly (Anthocharis cardamines)
10 komakusa (Dicentra peregrina) white form
11 female hiker
12 lantern

and the 4 different ones -

06a stoat or short-tailed weasel (Mustela erminea) summer fur
08a whitespotted char (Salvelinus leucomaenis) with white spots
10a komakusa (Dicentra peregrina) rose-purple form
12a horse (Aso no Uma) an extinct Japanese horse breed?

Stu, this is the best set from the Bird Tales line, congratulations! Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Roger wrote:

I do not share such idea, Roger. Japanese style is much more realistic with ultimate focus on details while the Western style is limited with numerous safety/security/import/export restrictions etc. This is why the average figure made in Western style looks so odd in comparison with their Japanese counterparts. As you wrote, Japanese fauna is not so exceptional as e. g. Australian or African, so Japanese manufacturers have only small chance with Japanese fauna figures on the worldwide market. I am happy that the pure Japanese style still exists (Kaiyodo, KC, Yujin, Bandai...) as perfect option for advanced/avid collectors. Others collectors are usually happy with these entry-level models (toys) as produced Schleich, Safari Ltd. etc... When I see CollectA or Papo figures from the last years, I am in hope they will be as perfect as the Japanese models one day... I don´t need another Japanese company producing figures in Western style - if you need such one, look for Eikoh and their Miniature Planet - flood of cheap looking figures, less detailed, sloppy painted, often with stability issues... Another tigers, polar bears, elephants... from Japan - who cares? This is straight way to hell for such company and definitely no bonus for collectors.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 12:04 am

jarda wrote:
Roger wrote:

I do not share such idea, Roger. Japanese style is much more realistic with ultimate focus on details while the Western style is limited with numerous safety/security/import/export restrictions etc. This is why the average figure made in Western style looks so odd in comparison with their Japanese counterparts. As you wrote, Japanese fauna is not so exceptional as e. g. Australian or African, so Japanese manufacturers have only small chance with Japanese fauna figures on the worldwide market. I am happy that the pure Japanese style still exists (Kaiyodo, KC, Yujin, Bandai...) as perfect option for advanced/avid collectors. Others collectors are usually happy with these entry-level models (toys) as produced Schleich, Safari Ltd. etc... When I see CollectA or Papo figures from the last years, I am in hope they will be as perfect as the Japanese models one day... I don´t need another Japanese company producing figures in Western style - if you need such one, look for Eikoh and their Miniature Planet - flood of cheap looking figures, less detailed, sloppy painted, often with stability issues... Another tigers, polar bears, elephants... from Japan - who cares? This is straight way to hell for such company and definitely no bonus for collectors.

Your observations are very interesting and surely more adjusted than my personal wish, mainly when we think about it in a more global perspective. One thing is for sure, I was not suggesting any kind of replacement of style but just an additional range adjusted to Western taste. All other traditional Japanese concepts should remain untouched.
However, I still would love to see these Japanese sculpts, even if less accurate and delicate due to safety, in similar sizes to western companies and especially as non assemblable pieces. Commercially it is not as risky as we may think at first, a Japanese fox work to the general market as any other red fox and I could give several examples like this one once most of Japanese animals are basically subspecies of known animals. A clever strategy could solve this problem. They don't need our market? That may be a fact but it doesn't change my wish. About Eikoh, I am a proud owner of some of them, actually these figures please me a lot even it is evident that their quality is far from what other Japanese brands are doing. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Birdtales 3   Kaiyodo Birdtales 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Birdtales 3
Page 1 of 1