Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017

Go down 
+6
Ana
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
SUSANNE
widukind
Numa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 Empty
PostSubject: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 7:39 pm

It’s Papo time!

Here are all the photos taken at the Papo Stand at the London Toy Fair.  I was saddened to discover that my usual contact has left Papo but was welcomes by her replacement – a friendly chap who was kind enough to offer me a large catalogue and hold some of the new releases in his hand whilst I took photos.
The new releases were locked in a cabinet this year to avoid them disappearing ( I was told) and again not all the models were available, the Ocelot, Walrus and Elephant Seal were absent for instance and so I have come to expect this each year.  It’s all down to manufacturing and availability.
I love the new wildlife models, many look great and it is nice to see the Mandarin duck make an appearance given that other brands have discontinued them i.e. Bullyland and Safari Ltd.  I did have a little bit of a panic when I got home and scanned the catalogue – the Mandarin duck is not there!   I have searched each and every page but cannot find it so thought perhaps it was a mistake or the duck is not going to be released in 2017. However, it is on their website which is a relief.  Strange to have missed the inclusion of a model in their catalogue – it may not sell well and they may decide to discontinue it in future so if anyone is planning to buy Papo I’d make the Mandarin duck a priority ha!
What is with the sloth?  A pattern is forming amongst the brands….each year there will be an explosion of models of the same animal across all the brands.  It’s like they all sit and plan to make the model their own way or if one brand makes it one year then suddenly the other brands release it the next year.  How else is it possible for all brands to make the same animals?  I remember when the same happened with the Sable antelope to name a few…..

Last year they released a baby seal but with no parent and this year we get an adult.  It was a bit odd but I wonder whether both were planned for the same year but one was delayed.  Still, never seen a baby released before the adult.

The only model which I really really want to like is the trumpeting African Elephant.  The ears just look a little too small suggesting it is a younger adult but I would have preferred  a more mature larger eared specimen…..

I love the new large sized range of animals and this year we have the African Elephant - you will see a photo of it stood next to the standard Papo wildlife and the scale blends in perfectly!  

Anyway, enjoy the photos!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Thank you for the pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 8:56 pm

I have gone "Ohhhh" and "Ahhhh" all the way down this topic cheers

SO many wonderful models, and such great photos cheers

All the animals are so great, - but now I am also in love with the white Phoenix and the Scarecrow Laughing

Has the oviraptor got new paintwork Very Happy Beauuutyful cheers

Thankyou ever so much, dear Numaan !!! flower Applause cheers flower

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Thank you very much for these pictures; Very Happy cheers
Not too impressed! Wink
The seal I like very much, the fennec and the young camels the mandarin. Cool bounce Applause
I am perplexed on the toucan it looks very big? Suspect
I look forward to the ocelot damage study scratch bounce
The dinausaures are beautiful as usual as well as daschhund Very Happy Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Wow. Some really nice figures I've spotted there.
I'm quite taken with the seal. I like the pose. In fact, I love it!
And the Acrocanthosaurus is BIG!
NICE!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Wow, thanks for photos Numaan! I don't think I will be able to resist buying some of the new Papo this year, they are very tempting! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Thank you so much Numaan, I see a lot of models that I want to have now and that weren't on my wishlist at the beggining, because of that I like forums where everyone shares their pictures. Very Happy

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 4:40 am

Thanks for posting those pictures Numaan,I've been wanting to see what the Ceratosaurus production pieces would actually look like.It and the Acrocanthosaurus are even better looking than in the original promo pics. Very Happy

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 9:48 am

Wonderful photos! Great animals, thank you!

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 am

Thank you for sharing this!!.

i was so critical with the dinos at first (probably because of my expectations since most of those species are among my very favourites) but now i see them totally different; specially the ceratosaurus, which has a way more natural color than in the promo pic.

shut up and take my money, papo!. Razz

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:48 am

Fossa wrote:
shut up and take my money, papo!. Razz

Hilarious! Love it...that's made me chuckle. It is exactly how I feel, with so many models from so many brands I am stressed as to when I will be able to buy them all.....

Everyone else, thanks for all your comments. Glad you like the photos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017   Fair - PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

PHOTOS: Papo @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017
Page 1 of 1