Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra

Go down 
+5
landrover
Roger
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
trovalsa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra Empty
PostSubject: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:40 pm

NaMoPaiMo (National Model Painting Month) was created by Jennifer Buxton as a way to motivate artists to challenge themselves to finish a model in a month - specifically, February! It quickly became international, though, as hobbyists all over the world joined in. I joined without much of an expectation to finish - I haven't painted models in a while - but ended up surprising myself and actually finishing this girl in just 14 days! I painted her in acrylics. I'm particularly proud of her shading as that is something I have always struggled with.

She's a portrait of a mare I worked with for a few months, at Uni. I had to stop riding her, sadly, as she came up lame but she really taught me to just relax and enjoy riding and helped me get over my fear of jumping and of riding outside. She was cold-backed and reared up and bucked unless you lunged her before riding, so every day I woke up early to lunge her before classes, and on the weekends we did stretching exercises to help her back muscles and took long walks around the grounds :) She really pushed me to do better for her and taught me a lot I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the real Coimbra:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:04 pm

OHHHH! You made the most gorgeous, wonderful horse out of the Papo model affraid cheers

Absolutely wonderful, - I can't stop looking Applause Applause

A truely great monument of the beautyful horse-friend cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Oh I didn't know that was you! I saw your post but didn't recognize your name Very Happy Nice work! You really did this guy justice Smile

I'm almost done with mine, hopefully I can squeeze under the deadline!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Hello Pip, sorry Tom! Wink It is nice to see you here again! Very Happy
There's something about that horse that I always loved and with your work it ended beautiful! Also it is a little representation of friend waht turns it even more interesting! Very Happy
Gosto desse tom, Tom! Laughing bom

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 am

wonderful work..¡¡¡¡

Thanks for sharing with us Applause Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 7:51 am

LeeAnn wrote:

Is there a link to a page of this interesting project ? bounce

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 8:40 am

Nice work!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 2:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

Is there a link to a page of this interesting project ? bounce

Yes, here! I added you to the group Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm

She is very pretty, a horse with character! Applause
Back to top Go down
AnoekG

AnoekG

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 pm

She looks so nice! i was too late for NaMoPaiMo Sad

But your work is really good :)
Back to top Go down
trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 1:48 am

SUSANNE wrote:
OHHHH! You made the most gorgeous, wonderful horse out of the Papo model affraid cheers

Absolutely wonderful, - I can't stop looking Applause Applause

A truely great monument of the beautyful horse-friend cheers

Thank you so much, Susanne!

LeeAnn wrote:
Oh I didn't know that was you! I saw your post but didn't recognize your name Very Happy  Nice work! You really did this guy justice Smile

Eheh, I've changed my name (not officially, sadly... Yet Wink) so I'm not surprised you didn't know it was me! But thank you so much! I saw you managed to get your appy pony in time, it really is a lovely guy :)

Roger wrote:
Hello Pip, sorry Tom! Wink It is nice to see you here again! Very Happy
There's something about that horse that I always loved and with your work it ended beautiful! Also it is a little representation of friend waht turns it even more interesting! Very Happy
Gosto desse tom, Tom! Laughing bom

I'm glad to be back! :) I'm very fond of this model as well, but Thoroughbreds are one of my favourite breeds so I'm not surprised!

Thank you everyone for all the compliments!! I love you I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 6:38 pm

I knew about the projet few days ago, and I´d like to do something like that... Great job!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra   My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra Empty

Back to top Go down

My NaMoPaiMo model - Coimbra
Page 1 of 1