Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just starting off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

Just starting off Empty
PostSubject: Just starting off   Just starting off EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:08 am

I've been perusing through some of the collections that have been posted up, and I'm gobsmacked! Wow! They are HUUUUGE! I am truly a noob... Quite wet behind the ears! Laughing I only have a few and they're all wild cats. This is what I currently own.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There's a missing jaguar from the lot (it's sitting in my studio downstairs, awaiting repaint.) None of the kitties in the photo have been repainted yet, but I intend to do so.

Last edited by cre8tivesoul on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bcartworks.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Just starting off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting off   Just starting off EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 10:22 am

I also started like you, some years ago with a few wild cats and my reaction watching others' collections was not different from yours. I don't have exactly a huge collection but it is now far beyond my expectations. Also, the importance of a collection it is not in its size but in the joy it gives us. With time you will learn to enjoy figures in their original condition amd you will see that there are a lot of cheap figures in poor condition waiting to be adoptede for people like you to be rescued under your painting brushes. Very Happy

cre8tivesoul

Just starting off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting off   Just starting off EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Thank you Roger! I know this is one collection that will expand with my love. Smile Kind of like potato chips... Hard to have only a few. I've already started adding prehistorical mammals to my collection (am impatiently awaiting a smilodon in the mail.) This can only lead to bigger and greater things! Laughing

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

Just starting off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting off   Just starting off EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 8:58 am

Welcome here! I joined the forum a little over a year ago. At the time I only knew of Schleich and had now idea about the wonderful world that opened up to me once I discovered all the other brands out there. This hobby is very addictive, and especially when you come on this forum and see all the stuff that exists out there... My collection has quadrupled since I joined, at least!
Back to top Go down
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Just starting off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting off   Just starting off EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks Anne. If this hobby takes the same route as my obsession with crystals... Oh boy! I better start building a cabinet for them. lol!

Sponsored content

Just starting off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just starting off   Just starting off Empty

Back to top Go down

Just starting off
Page 1 of 1