Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 pm

I thought it would be fun to review the CollectA male bull terrier, a figure that I've always found interesting.  First, I'd like to start off with the walkaround photos I took.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As with any other figure, he has both positive and negative qualities.  I should mention I'm not very familiar with the bull terrier breed standard, so this is based mostly on artistic merits.

Positives:
The aspect I like about this figure the most is his paint job.  He has some great yellow shadows painted into his fur, and everything is blended nicely.  I especially love the little black and tan eye patch.  I also thought his musculature was sculpted very well.  They seem to have paid very close attention to the real thing in this regard.  His overall body proportions also look good to me.  This is an unmistakable bull terrier.

Negatives:
I thought his face looked a little too wide from the front view.  His tail also seems very short, and I thought the front legs should be placed further under the torso. They resemble table legs just a little bit.

Overall, these negatives are pretty nitpicky.  This is actually a very good figure that I highly recommend.  I've heard even better things about the female, but this is one I don't own.  It would interesting to hear thoughts on this figure from someone who does understand the breed standard to see how it compares.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Nice bully :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Great to see a walkaround of this wonderful model Applause

Many years ago we lived in a place were some people in the neighbourhood had two of them, and they were adoreable dogs. They radiated charm and friendliness, and for many years I wished to get one, but they are hard to find....and then I met a whippet puppy....Laughing

But unfortunately the bull terriers are bred more and more extreme, and the rumour goes that they can be bad tempered Shocked
Originally they were not bad tempered, - they were "created" of crossing terriers and dalmatians.

This model looks so much like my childhood love. Look how he smiles cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 pm

I don't have too much to say about it but it is one of the first CollectA dogs I really liked. Luckily, there are some good dog experts on forum that can give a more objective opinion than I do. Thanks for your review. Very Happy

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks for all these great comments! I'm glad you liked the review.

Quote :
Many years ago we lived in a place were some people in the neighbourhood had two of them, and they were adoreable dogs. They radiated charm and friendliness, and for many years I wished to get one, but they are hard to find....and then I met a whippet puppy....Laughing

They sound adorable. Maybe this is why I don't know much about them since I haven't seen many either. I have heard they are an old-style bulldog and terrier cross, and their attitude reflects this. They seem to be fun loving but also very dominant, so while they are good dogs, they're definitely not for everyone.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 pm

I think they are often confused with the [url=American Staffordshire Terrier]Amstaff[/url], which is also called pitbull and has been used as a fighting dog untill recently.

The bull terrier has been a "Gentleman's dog" . It is a lively, charming dog full of fun and play, and not a dog for the type of people who want a dog to show how macho they are.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review   CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Male Bull Terrier 88384 Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA :: CollectA walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: