Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cheshire cheetah

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
cre8tivesoul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

The Cheshire cheetah Empty
PostSubject: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 am

When I received my CollectA King cheetah, I couldn't help but laugh. He reminded me of Smeagol with his oversize grin. "Cheetah's don't have huge cheeks like that!" I thought. So... Before I slapped some paint on the fella, I grabbed my trusty X-acto knife and did some plastic surgery on his Cheshire Cat grin ("Down, cheeks... DOWN!"

See what I mean? Seriously kitty... You might be panting, but you're no Staffordshire Bull-Terrier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So after refining his muzzle with a few snips here and there, I slapped on a new coat of paint and voilà! This is what the kitty looks like.

Oh, puss! You're not grinning anymore. Have you become a sourpuss!?  Laughing  

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 am

You surely have an eye for it !!! I never noticed that the head is a bit wrong on this model, - now it is much more realiustic cheers

Perhaps the forehead is a little large also ? scratch

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:44 am

Hmmm...  scratch You may be right, Susanne. It's a bit "out there," isn't it.

See this fella... He doesn't have such a big bulging forehead.

trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 10:10 am

Wow, you're on a roll! cheers cheers Both the plastic surgery and the new coat of paint make a world of difference. Well done!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 3:40 pm

To be fair, I never liked very much that cheetah and I am usually crazy for cheetahs. Even being a king cheetah, my enthusiasm was not so much.
I never tried to find a palpable reason, maybe because I am very happy with my king cheetah repainted by Ana! Now you're probably showing why I was never pleased with it. I enjoy artists like you that are able of noticing every little detail. You challenged again yourself with a not easy pattern and it ended very well. Have you said you're just starting? Wink

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Very nice! Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 6:22 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm

I can't stop looking at this awesome cat, - look at all the details in the face !!! And the eyes look alive !!! cheers

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone.  Embarassed Smile I am very proud of this one. A big "thank you" goes out to Kosta for his suggestion on adding some shine to the eyes of my models, and boy, doesn't it make it look alive!

In all fairness, Roger... I've been drawing and painting since I was a wee kid, and I'm a stickler for details (accurate anatomy, colours, etc...) Most of my artworks is realistic in nature, so I'm sort of use to "studying and copying" what I see. I also use to have a photographic memory, but at my age, well... It's not that reliable anymore.  lol! I prefer working from photos.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 pm

cre8tivesoul wrote:
...... I also use to have a photographic memory, but at my age, well... It's not that reliable anymore.  lol! I prefer working from photos.

Arrrh ! Nonsence, - you are just a kid ! Just wait and see in 20 years  lol!

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Laughing  Thanks Sus!  Very Happy Ya know it's kind of getting on the "bad" side when you walk in a room and think "why did I come here, anyway?" I'm at that stage!  lol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire cheetah   The Cheshire cheetah Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cheshire cheetah
Page 1 of 1