Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2012-10-22
Posts : 243
|Subject: Re: miniNature's 3D printing animals - Update January 5: multiple new models and appearance on Dutch tv Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:16 pm|| |
Thank you all!
- A-J wrote:
- That's very exciting! I really love the show! Sounds like an awesome job. And I can imagine it takes a lot of work, 50 unique salmon models! 'petje af' Thanks for sharing the pictures of the created dioramas.
I'm looking forward to the finals of Klein maar Fijn, and it's great to hear from you too again on this forum!
Enjoy the finals on Sunday
- rogerpgvg wrote:
- Great to see more models, and fantastic that you are creating TV shows. I really think your models are the most realistic ones out there, they even beat the Japanese models. I am hoping that one day they will be able to print them in colour, as I am awful at painting. But I am thinking that bears and capybaras may not be too difficult I love the capybara with young. Are the young capybaras attached to the mother?
Thanks for that compliment! The technology is still improving and recently they added a new type of colour printer to their collection. Not perfect yet, but it's a step up. Unfortunately for adapting that new technology, I have to study also for a new skill to digitally paint the models. I don't think I'll start with that soon. Want to keep it in a hobby form and still a lot of sculpting I want to do. Don't know what the time will bring, but I think the craft of painting remains big in the hobby.
These capybaras are attached to the mother. But their are also 2 different young capybara models online and a standing female.
- Roger wrote:
- Stijn, thanks for all those details about the tv show and congratulations for being a part of it.
It all sounds fascinating to me and your works are absolutely incredible. Also, the salmon project is absolutely crazy, you really love to complicate your own life.
Haha, I think you're right.
But it was quite fun
- Bonnie wrote:
- Wow, amazing to hear the details and see these stunning photos! The details and realism is incredible, all those tiny plants and the water- wow! Did you make any of these dioramas or were they made by other contestants? I'd love to know more about how they are made, they are absolutely beautiful- is it all 3D printed?
And amazing that you were on TV!
All 4 dioramas are created by the contestants. And they've done an awesome job. Only all the animals are printed and the rest they've created by hand and I think some of the leaves in the jungle diorama are products you can buy. In the episode you can see the process from start to finish, so I'll send you the episode. You won't understand everything they say, but I think visually most of it is understandable, so you can scroll a bit through the shots.
- Ana wrote:
- Wow, the new models and dioramas are absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Fantastic work, I love it!
Also big congratulation on having a TV show! I will watch it later too
Thanks! Enjoy watching, I guess with your talent in sculpting and painting it's up to your alley
My Site with 3D Printable Animals