Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!

Go down 
+3
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! Empty
PostSubject: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Schleich CAN still do it cheers
The new mouflon is a species that is not made very often, and Schleich made a wonderful model Very Happy

Mouflons are wild sheep, that live wild in mountainous areas in Europe and Western Asia.
Some people say that they are among the ancestors of the tame sheep, others say that they feral domestic sheep  study
Looking at them, I would surly think that the first claim is the right one Wink

I wanted to show a couple of photos of them in real, but I didn't search long, because there are so many pictures of stupid men showing how they have shot and killed one of the beautyful rams  Suspect
They parade proudly by the body, - how can they show this on the internet ?  Sad

Well ; Here are a couple of pictures of the real ones , "shot" with a camera  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here the model  Very Happy

The paintwork is clearly mass produced, hasty spray painting, but the effect is quite nices anyway.

The feet are little pieces of art  drunken

But best of all is the face and the impressive , curved horns !!
The horns of a mouflon ram can become 85 cm long, and curve almost all the way round !  Very Happy

Together with the mouflons from Bullyland and Papo , - first outdoors in the sun : sunny

And later indoors, because my winter-pale face san't stand too much sharp spring sunshine Rolling Eyes

I love the model in spite of the hasty paintwork.
Perhaps we will se a repaint from one of our skilled friends ?  bounce

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Beautieful figurine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks for opening a topic of the most interesting figure from the new Mountain set from Schleich. Not that the ibex and the mountain goat are not interesting too but, contrarily to the mouflon, they were already released by the company in the past. The size is also very nice, curious that you compare it with two differently sized figures and not with the CollectA that may be the closest in size. I like also that while Papo made a very generic wild ram, Schleich made clearly the Eurasian species. Pictures are wonderful and I hope this figure is next year introduced in Schleich range as an individual figure. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Thankyou, dear guys  Very Happy

Roger wrote:
.... curious that you compare it with two differently sized figures and not with the CollectA that may be the closest in size. .....

Easy : These are the only ones I have  Laughing

Roger wrote:
......and I hope this figure is next year introduced in Schleich range as an individual figure. Very Happy

Yes ! Me too !!! I would like to try repainting one, but as I am sure it will be a disaster ( "Made by Susanne, 5 years old  tongue ") , I want to get one more. But not as they can only be bought three together  Rolling Eyes  Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun May 21, 2017 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 9:03 pm

What a lovely figure and such beautiful pictures! Thank you, Susanne! cheers cheers

Yes, I also hope Schleich offers these as singles soon, as well as some others from the 2017 sets.  bounce

SUSANNE wrote:

And later indoors, because my winter-pale face san't stand too much sharp spring sunshine Rolling Eyes

You and me both! I think I may have sunburned a little yesterday when I had to go outside and fix a pasture fence in the hot afternoon sun. Embarassed sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Night Elf wrote:

You and me both! I think I may have sunburned a little yesterday when I had to go outside and fix a pasture fence in the hot afternoon sun. Embarassed sunny

Yes, it can be really irritating to have sensitive skin.
My son has found a factor 50 sunscreen, but it is so sticky and unpleasant, I prefer to go indoors when the sun is too sharp cherry Laughing Laughing

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Wow, it is really nice model, one of the best from Schleich this year Applause Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:34 am

I just like it .. i'm not into collecting other thing then horses, but he is nice.
i only don;t like his eyes... they should have had a bit more shading ore something :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:42 am

Dum_my wrote:
I just like it .. i'm not into collecting other thing then horses, but he is nice.
i only don;t like his eyes... they should have had a bit more shading ore something :)

You are right !
They have yellow eyes, but with a dark eyeliner Shocked

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:42 pm

I, too have this model and agree that Schleich can make really good models when they put there mind to it! Smile Smile

PostSubject: Re: The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!   The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The mouflon from Schleich 2017 !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: