Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RAM studios Blue whale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

RAM studios Blue whale Empty
PostSubject: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:01 pm

I just purchased this blue whale on eBay. I have never seen it before but it looks amazing so I bought it. The seller says it´s made by a company called RAM studios (it says so on the underside of the figure as well) and it was made in the 1960s, I looked on TAI but couldn't find anything about this company. Does anyone have any information about this figure? Did they make other animals figures as well, and is it rare? It looks like it's made of the same material as Invicta, but I can't really tell because I don't have the figure yet. If anyone can tell me more about this mysterious blue whale I'd love to hear!

RAM studios Blue whale Rambluewhale_by_lot1rthylacine-dbc4z4v
Sellers picture
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 1:39 am

What a beautiful and very interesting figurine. I think you are right, more informations are welcome. Do you have a link for that whale?

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 2:39 am

Very interesting Shocked

And a beautyful whale indeed ! I look forward to see more pictures when it arrives Very Happy

Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 6:53 am

widukind wrote:
What a beautiful and very interesting figurine. I think you are right, more informations are welcome. Do you have a link for that whale?  

Don't know if it works, but here's a link to the seller's listing http://www.ebay.nl/itm/142409291083?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Ohh, yes, It works Very Happy

I have tried to google it, but get a lot of male sheep, ram memory for computers, and also a this beautyful lady with jeans painted on  Shocked

If I enter the words " Toy"  and 1960, I find wonderful, old toys that I remeber from my childhood, but no whale.Laughing
"Whale" brings whales, no matter how I mix it with other words scratch
Well, I am no computer genious, - perhaps others have more succes than I do geek lol!

Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Haha! Still, you tried Wink when I googled it, I found a company with the same name that makes neon signs.

I did notice.. this whale seems to be based on the lifesize blue whale models that can be found in natural history museums in the US and London. Maybe it was made for a museum, like the Invicta models (If I remember correctly?).
Or I'm just seeing things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm

And neon signs too cheers lol!

You may well be right , that it was made for some special place Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything different from you. It is strange that we can't find any reference to it anywhere.
I hope you get it, it is surely a very enigmatic and interesting figure. Whales were absolutely rare as figures in this era. Maybe it is a comissioned piece as you suggested but I am curious to know more about it. Very Happy

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 10:34 am

I did some more research, and the life-size blue whale in the natural history museum was also made in the 1960's. So maybe this model was sold at the shop for a short time, to promote the museum's new arrival?

Picture of the Smithsonian Natural history museum's life-size blue whale:
RAM studios Blue whale 2002_12150_by_lot1rthylacine-dbcg00n
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 6:25 am

Update (sorry for double post): I contacted the seller and they confirmed this model came from the museum. Still don't know anything about the company and about how rare it is, so more info is still welcome.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 am

WOW !!!! That is indeed a treasure you found there affraid cheers bounce cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 12:08 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!! That is indeed a treasure you found there affraid cheers bounce cheers

O yes :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 7:00 am

She arrived today!

RAM studios Blue whale Image_by_lot1rthylacine-dbdpymu

I will post more pictures in the SUY whale thread next week, including some comparison pictures with the Invicta blue whale which I'm expecting in the mail soon.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 12:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 am

Congratulations, it is a very beautiful and rare piece! cheers

PostSubject: Re: RAM studios Blue whale   RAM studios Blue whale Empty

Back to top Go down

RAM studios Blue whale
Page 1 of 1