Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
Nick
Tiermann
75senta75
Roger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) Empty
PostSubject: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Last week I got a wonderful parcel from a famous and very knowledgeable German collector/seller of composition models  cheers
Most of them he had been so kind to keep for me in order to save shipping, but when I bought two running hares from him, I just had to see them all Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The hares are Danish copies of the Lineol hare, and they are both made in the early 1950s  rabbit

Danolin :

This one is from Neo-Form, and means a lot to me, because I had a similar one as a child  drunken

The Elastolin peacock model here is very old !
According to the seller it is from the 1920s !!!!  farao

Here he is together with a Danolin copy, and a Lineol one with the tail down

The Lineol giraffe here , from the 1950's has been on my wishlist for a long time  alien

Marolin models are very charming, and I am fascinated by the history of the factory, - perhaps the only old brand that still makes composition models  Very Happy
This lion is from the 1930s !!!

Together with a larger Marolin lioness :

Last, not least : An okapi made by Neo-Form in the mid 1950s !
It is a very interesting model, except for the dinos ( That are sold for many hundreds of euros) this critter is one of the few models that was sculptured exclusively for Neo-Form, and not a copy !!! Very Happy
It was made after an okapi, which came to the Zoo of Copenhagen. My Mom told me about this strange animal Very Happy
The model is very hard to find, and in mint shape the price is chocking !!!!  Shocked
So I am delighted with my Oka-boy, even if somebody glued sticks to his feet to make him stand  Laughing  

Isn't he cute ? drunken

Together with an okapi from Elastolin :  Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Beautieful oldies Susanne !!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 12:44 am

Susanne, that's a historic lot. It is like watching a museum of toy animal figures.
These Neo-Form, the hare and the okapi are surely the stars of this group. The hare for obvious reasons, you recovered a figure of your childhood that bring you lots of memories. The okapi also marks a moment of your life that you still remember once it represents an exact okapi that lived in Denmark. I find it all so exciting and interesting. It is also fantastic that the okapi is not inspired in any other earlier figure, it gives a lot more value to the figure. These Even the sticks are a sui generis point, although this is a rustic solution, it may help that okapi to survive until our days and have the chance of giving you such joy of owning it. I love it! Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 1:38 am

sunny sunny

Lovely animals. Applause Applause

These figures are in very good state of conservation

Big congrats Susanne.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm

I've found that in 1961, an okapi calf was born in Copenhagen Zoo, it was called Tove... yes! Tove! Wink Probably your replica was made after her Mother. I haven't confirmed it, maybe writing in Danish you can find the exact animal that served as model for your figure. Isn't it exciting? Do you know if Neo-Form also made a calf? Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Thankyou, guys Very Happy

Roger wrote:
I've found that in 1961, an okapi calf was born in Copenhagen Zoo, it was called Tove... yes! Tove! Wink Probably your replica was made after her Mother. I haven't confirmed it, maybe writing in Danish you can find the exact animal that served as model for your figure. Isn't it exciting? Do you know if Neo-Form also made a calf? Very Happy

WOW ! Interesting !!!
I know for sure that the first okapi in the Zoo was a male Like a Star @ heaven , so Tove and her mom must have been some time later Very Happy
And, no, I am 99,99999% sure that there was not made a calf.

Like a Star @ heaven There was a song made about "Okapien, der var en dreng" = the okapi which was a boy.

In Danish "the girl" is "Pigen ", where the g is not pronounced Very Happy
It is a bit hard to translate .... is a play with words . Perhaps you get it ?  Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 12:55 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, guys Very Happy

Roger wrote:

WOW ! Interesting !!!
I know for sure that the first okapi in the Zoo was a male Like a Star @ heaven , so Tove and her mom must have been some time later Very Happy
And, no, I am 99,99999% sure that there was not made a calf.

Like a Star @ heaven There was a song made about "Okapien, der var en dreng" = the okapi which was a boy.

In Danish "the girl" is "Pigen ", where the g is not pronounced Very Happy
It is a bit hard to translate .... is a play with words . Perhaps you get it ?  Wink

Laughing Maybe it could be translated to: "The okagirl that was a boy!" Laughing
Yes, your figure could never be Tove's mother once it is a male and he is showing proudly his horns. I should have considered it. I feel that the Danish okapi song was dedicated to my personal confusion. Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 am

Yes ! The okagirl which was a boy  cheers

I found a page with info about the Okapis from Copenhagen zoo. Very Happy
"The Okaboy" came from Congo in 1948 ( even before I was borne !!!), and his wife a couple of years later. They had 4 calves over the years.
Okaboy died in 1963 and his wife in 1968.
For many years there were no calves, but in 2008 the male Stanley came from Stuttgart Zoo, and in 2011 the female Luani.
Those two got the a calf in 2016. The first Danish borne okapi in 50 years !!!  cheers

However, it can't be Tove, because the calf is - an okaboy  Laughing

Even if it is in Danish, the pictures in the article are beautyful https://www.zoo.dk/dyrene-i-zoo/okapi/ , in case you are interested Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 am

Great models,congrats! Applause Applause Applause

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:45 pm

First of all congratulations to these wonderful animals.

What a coincidence and interesting story and in the end the luck that the okapi has returned to Denmark and found his home by Susanne.

A really very interesting story.

On the Internet I found this postcard from an antique shop. Since many years zoos display their own animals on postcards. The photo is taken around 1960 in the Zoo of Copenhagen.
The publisher is the Danish publisher K.-Wittmöller.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Thankyou, Taylor and Yvette Very Happy

75senta75 wrote:

On the Internet I found this postcard from an antique shop. Since many years zoos display  their own animals on postcards. The photo is taken around 1960 in the Zoo of Copenhagen.
The publisher is the Danish publisher K.-Wittmöller.

WOW !!! This picture must be Okaboy then cheers Applause

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Susanne wrote:
WOW !!! This picture must be Okaboy then
Yes, I think so too - I hope for it. Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 2:36 am

Beautiful animals Susanne, congratulations!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Susanne, here is a better photo of the postcard.
It's a real "photo postcard". You can identify it at the kind of surface and how the card was made. Also it´s a Danish publisher.
So I think, it could be, it´s a kind of "home made photo" for the Zoo of Copenhagen with animals from Copenhagen Zoo.

Nick

Country/State : the bathtub

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Firstly, congratulations :)
sorry silly question, but what are composition models?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Nick wrote:
Firstly, congratulations :)
sorry silly question, but what are composition models?

You can read it HERE study

They are mainly from before plastic was being used : Lineol, Elastolin and sevral others are famous, but there is a list in TAI http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Category:Composition Very Happy
This list is not complete, - composition models were widely used round the world, so there are probably many that we do not know. Rolling Eyes

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 pm

It is extremely rare to find composition models on Danish on-line auctions, but quite by accident, I saw a small lot with a low starting price, and put in a ridiculously low bet, - and won cheers

I thought the bear was perhaps Lineol, but the mould seems like the one I have already, which is supposed to be Danolin, - both are unmarked  scratch
It does not matter, - then I have variations Wink

And then this wonderful horse  drunken

Look at the funny ears, - have they been added later ?

Here she is with a Lineol horse. They are both marked "GERMANY", but aren't they very different ?

This little Indian I really was not of my interest, but loook : Isn't he gorgeous ?  cheers

The wonderful Indian rhino from Lineol. I had one already (right), - perhaps one is older than the other ? Very Happy

The model which made me bid was the zebra  cheers
He is ever so beautyful, - and now the smaller one from Danolin knows how his original brother looks Laughing Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Wonderful oldies,congrats Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 11:20 pm

When anybody in this forum, show us old composition animals,

I feel great joy, because in our collection, these figures, will be protected carefully.

big congrats. cheers cheers

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 am

This topic is so wonderful ...
First, the great group of models, shown on the top..
then, we can see the wonderful and old postcard of the Okapi, from Yvette..which is now yours cheers
And then, these so charming group of models, new for your collection.
They are all wonderful.
And actually I really like the Indian model. It looks really nice :)

Congratulations dear Susanne and thank`s for sharing with us :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 pm

nice newcomers :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Thankyou very much boys Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)   Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Composition models, additions in Susannes collection . Update 23th of July with small mixed lot :-)
Page 1 of 1