Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation

Go down 
+6
spikesilkenwolf
HKHollinstone
schmidtchenschleich
Kristie
SUSANNE
SyLoBe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation Empty
PostSubject: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011 - 13:33

Today I received my new adquisiton, the appaloosa stallion 13229. I already had one, but this was a bit different painted. The one I already had is the horse on the right, the one I received today is the one on the left:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When taking photos of them I noticed one was a bit bigger than the other one:

Maybe you can´t see propperly, but the rule (do you say rule?) is exactly at the same point in both horses. Look at the ears... And the best of all: the left one was made on 1995, and the right one in 1996.

Maybe some of you had noticed this before, but it was a surprise for me!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011 - 16:56

WOW!!!!!!!
You do get some fantastic variations, Sylvia Shocked

I have four or 5 of those, but they are the same Rolling Eyes

Congratulations flower flower
You are the good example to keep looking even if I think I have them all cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011 - 16:57

Congrats! I love this horse. I have never seen one in person, but he is on my wantlist!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 0:39

Thank you both!

I used to have another one, but I repainted it into an Argentine Criollo (well, we call them Criollo Argentino, so I supose the name in English is that): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 8:12

SyLoBe wrote:
Thank you both!

I used to have another one, but I repainted it into an Argentine Criollo (well, we call them Criollo Argentino, so I supose the name in English is that): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gosh, the figuere looks SO different, - much more elegant and proud Shocked

Fantastic job, Sylvia flower flower
Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 9:39

Until now i dont know, that there are two different brands on the appaloosa stallion.
Until now i have a look on it.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 11:14

Sylvia, congratulations on your addition, fantastic variation, great find - I like how it's bigger too Very Happy cheers
By the way, because you asked - it's Ruler. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 18:23

Thank you very much Sussane! I´m glad you like it!

schmidtchenschleich, I´m not really sure what do you mean. Both horses were made by Schleich :)

Harriet, thank you for the comment and for your help with the word :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 18:41

very cool! one is even made in Germany!

schmidtchenschleich

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 19:20

My bad english

I mean the stamp.
One from 95 the other 96.

I had thought both where from 95 and only the colours from the newer ones where different.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 19:46

schmidtchenschleich wrote:

..... One from 95 the other 96.

I had thought both where from 95 and only the colours from the newer ones where different.

Well seen ! I did not notice, - Mine are all from 95 Shocked

What do you others say ? Does anyone else have the one from 96 or is it a rare special edition ???????
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 20:12

This isnt to do with a special edition this is simply to do with the moulds used in the different countries. Sometime slight differences can occur in themouldings. I am sure that one one original mould is made copies of that are then made in Portugal and China and this could result in subtle differences.

I have noticed this in a number of models over the years. I have the Germany made Kudu which is more refined and detailed and also the China made Kudu which has a different paint scheme and the mould is not so detailed and it seems a little fatter.

The most obvious one is the Reindeer. I have the German and China one and the china model is smaller than the German model in all its dimensions but just slightly. It is also taller and the antlers are aimed higher. I even have two 2011 Kudus. The chinese one has horns pointing backwards whereas the German one stands tall and upright. Take a look at this listing which I posted about the reindeers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems the German mouldings are always better than the china ones - perhaps more care is taken to ensure they are of the best quality. Moulds also wear out and news ones are created and so it can also mean that a mould is reproduced a few years after the original mould and differences in materials used and/or care taken by human hands when creating the mould lead to these subtle differences. Whatever the case I sincerely doubt it is an actively conscious change by Schleich unlike that of the Hyena for example.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 20:23

SUSANNE wrote:

..... One from 95 the other 96.

Well seen ! I did not notice, - Mine are all from 95 Shocked

What do you others say ? Does anyone else have the one from 96 or is it a rare special edition ???????

I wrote it in the main topic xD My repainted one is also from 1996.

SyLoBe wrote:

Maybe you can´t see propperly, but the rule (do you say rule?) is exactly at the same point in both horses. Look at the ears... And the best of all: the left one was made on 1995, and the right one in 1996.

Schleichzoo, I also think it´s as you say. I don´t think they are made a bit different in a conscious way. It´s just I get surprised about my discovery and I wanted to share it, and see if other people noticed something similar. And you also did with some of your animals! ^^

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 22:13

scratch Am I remembering correctly that this model of horse also came in a Puzzle put out by Schleich? When did that puzzle come out and is the horse different?

Thank you so much for sharing the pix. You took great photos to show the differences! cheers

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 22:35

It was in a Ravensburger Puzzle, - exclusive from a toy fair.

I am not aware when that was ....

There is one with a croc, also alien

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 23:10

How interesting! I known nothing about these puzzles. I can see the painting job of that horse is very similar to my "new" one :)

Do you know about more horses that come with puzzles?

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySat 12 Mar 2011 - 23:42

SyLoBe wrote:
How interesting! I known nothing about these puzzles. I can see the painting job of that horse is very similar to my "new" one :)

Do you know about more horses that come with puzzles?

I am 99,9999999 % sure that these ar the only two .
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 0:00

Maybe they weren´t successful...

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 8:22

SyLoBe wrote:
Maybe they weren´t successful...

They were made for a toy fair in cooperation with Ravensburger, the esteemed German manufacturer of puzzles. I do not think they meant to make any more.

Ravensburger is very large in Germany, I just searched Ravensburger on Ebay.de, - there are almost 14.000 hits !!!!

Unfortunately I do not know which year they were made, does somebody know ?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 8:54

Ahw, stupid of me, - I found the puzzles, it says 2004 on them !

And here you can see the 4 different ones that were made - two with Siky-tractors inside.

On the front is a sticker with a better picture of the actual horse inside

It is difficult so say what it really looks like. The one I have , that has been opened , there is no guarantee that it is the original horse, and I do not wnat to peel the outside wrapping off to see what it is like in the unopened one Rolling Eyes

Here the croc, - notice that it has got brown eyes.
I have one with white eyes also and think it is the usual one. Perhaps the ones with brown eyes come from the puzzle ?

Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 9:43

Good detective Work.
I also have the puzzles.
That is the answer.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 9:55

Good detective Work.
I also have the puzzles.
That is the answer.

Thank you, Peter flower
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 12:15

wow, thanks for all the info Susanne!

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 16:50

I have look in my puzzle.
Ther is the apaloosa with the white feets.
My other apaloosa has brown feets.
But both has the stamp 1995 and both are made in Gemany.
So in the puzzle is the same horse and the reason why SyLoBe has an other one with 1996 stamp is, because this is made in China.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation EmptySun 13 Mar 2011 - 17:52

Does it have white feet Shocked

Would you be so kind to send a picture, please ?

Ok, so the 96 is the China one. How clever we all get study cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation   13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation Empty

Back to top Go down

13229 Appaloosa stallion: not only color variation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next