Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich: The 2018 Review

Go down 
+2
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Schleich: The 2018 Review Empty
PostSubject: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 3:03 pm

So I have nothing better to do with my time and I am waaaay too eager to get my hands on the 2018 models, too bad I have to wait 3 more moons!!!

Januari

Wild Life

14800 Polar Bear
First Opinion: A generally well made model, I am not sure what to think about the structure of the fur, but the coloration is very nice, especially because he is not a solid white, but has some yellow/brown discoloration on his face. I like it, but probably won't get it.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
14803 Walrus [Xaro Dos Xaan]
First Opinion: An interesting model that is relatively new to this particular brand. I like how he is not a solid color, but has this brown to pink face towards the belly/chest area. His 'stache could be more bushy, but he is overall well made. He might move in.
Second Opinion: He is quite funny looking. All folds and wrinkles. Overall not too bad.
Verdict: Interesting species, not too bad.

14801 Seal
First Opinion: Mostly well done, but rather ordinary, pose wise. I like the color and the look of the structure of the model though.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14802 Seal Pup [Rintje]
First Opinion: Looks too much like the adult to me. Same pose, almost same color. I think this is a bit of a pity. This is the one that will probably move in though.
Second Opinion: An okay model, I am not too impressed with it, but it is kinda cute I guess.
Verdict: Eh, it okay.

14804 Arctic Wolf Pup [Balto]
First Opinion: He has a bit of an awkward face, but is a very nice model overall. Nice pose, nice fur structure. He looks to be out of the nest phase already, which I like a lot. He will surely move in.
Second Opinion: Eh, quite disappointing, especially the expression. He is a good story telling device but that is all.
Verdict: Disappointing but useful.

14805 Arctic Fox [True North]
First Opinion: Beside the fur being too dense of structure, it is a very good model. He is very well done, anatomically and his expression is very nice as well. He is gona move in for sure.
Second Opinion: He is actually quite well made and I think one of the more natural looking models of this year. I am very happy with him.
Verdict: Well done schleich A+.

14806 Blue Whale
First Opinion: He looks grumpy as butts . He doesn't look that much different from the former model, just an other mouth to body ratio. This one has a slightly better paintjob, imho, but isn't appealing to me.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14807 Orca [Shamu]
First Opinion: Beware Shamu! I don't like that the model isn't swimming, but is instead 'beached'. It looks otherwise fine and it might move in anyway. It is a good pose for story telling.
Second Opinion: It is quite a pleasant looking model, the pose is of course striking and as soon as I have a baththub I might be taking some photo's to show it off better, hehe.
Verdict: I really like him, despite the bloody story he will likely have.

14808 Dolphin
First Opinion: Just a dolphin, grey and with a horizontal tail. I have nothing to say about this model, sorry.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14809 Great White Shark [Kisame]
First Opinion: Well made, very well made. I actually like it a lot! There is a lot of detail in this model that I just like so much. He might actually move in.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14810 Zebra Mare [Ztrica]
First Opinion: Anatomically nice, save for mildly wonky legs. The paint job is very nice. The model has an overall pleasant look. She might move in.
Second Opinion: Despite her toyish looks she is indeed very pleasant. I am glad she is on my shelf.
Verdict: A lovely model.

14811 Zebra Foal [Marty]
First Opinion: Despite his hind legs having an odd bend, he is very nicely made. Good paintjob and very proportionate and very adorable. He'll move in for sure.
Second Opinion: He is quite lovely and I am glad to have him. He is rather toyish, but I am content with him.
Verdict: Cute as a button!

14812 Lion [Mufasa]
First Opinion: Almost perfect, but! He has the problem most schleich cats have the past 5ish years. He looks like he is mentally challenged. All the other details are on point. I love this model already.
Second Opinion: He doesn't look quite as foolish as I expected. He has amazing looks and I am very pleased with him.
Verdict: I great model!
14813 Lion Cub [Kion]
First Opinion: Aaaarg, again with the loopy eyes, why schleich why. Overall a little less nice than it's predecessor, the spots look unnatural, but the pose looks nice. He'll probably move in.
Second Opinion: Looks much better than I expected. I really like him, save for the all too large spots.
Verdict: Very pleased.

14814 Hippopotamus [Propje]
First Opinion: Accurate colorations! Well done anatomy as well. I'll need to see how it turns out in person to see if he is allowed to move in.
Second Opinion: She looks wonderful. The colors work well, as does the shape and she looks so gentle. I am so glad I got her.
Verdict: A very nice model.

14815 Koala [Tucker]
First Opinion: The typical Koala, grey, fluffy in the right places and 100% done with this sh*t. His colors are soft and well done. He is going to be so annoyed sitting on my shelf ^^.
Second Opinion: He looks positively flumoxed and I love it. He has a good mold and well done colorings. Very good.
Verdict: He hates it here, but I like him.

14816 Indian Rhinoceros [Rocksteady]
First Opinion: So incredibly well done, I am actually very impressed. So detailed and well colored. This is an animal with a story to tell. He will for sure move in!
Second Opinion: Wonderful, so well made, the detials work very well, he is so bulky and so magnificent.
Verdict: Simply magnificent!!!

14817 Chimpanse Male
First Opinion: A nice model with very well done details. The face is expressive and friendly and I like how he is learning on his knuckles. A must have for monkey fanatics!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42429 Panda Enclosure
First Opinion: A pretty meh set. Five bamboo fences, some leaves and the old panda cub.. Not a big fan. The old panda cub is most definately the pack driver.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Farm Life

13865 Texas Longhorn Cow [Vera]
First Opinion: An appealing model. She has a charming face and a good anatomy. The horns look interesting, very Western. But the spots are very obviousely painted on with a brush, slopily so. I hope this is not the case in person. She will move in though.
Second Opinion: I am a bit disappointed with how the spots look on her, but she is shaped very well and she sure looks like a woman with personality.
Verdict: I like her well enough.

13866 Texas Longhorn Bull [Maximillion]
First Opinion: A nice looking slender bull. He is well sculpted and his colors are very well done, save for his spots that are clumsily painted. I love his pink nose and he will move in for sure.
Second Opinion: Despite his odd spots, he is a handsome fellow. I quite like his sculpt and base color.
Verdict: A very nice model!

13867 Hereford Cow Aster
First Opinion: Very well sculpted and painted. She is a friendly and curious looking lady. She will surely move in.
Second Opinion: She looks very dignified. The colors are a bit flat and other than that she is a nice model. I do prefer the former version better.
Verdict: Very nice

13868 Hereford Calf Boo
First Opinion: A tad too much red maybe? A very fluffy calf so very young and cute as a button. This one can move in for sure.
Second Opinion: Very cute, colors are well balanced, but it is a bit too fluffy and a bit too cutesy to be amoung my favorite calves.
Verdict: Very cute.

13869 Morgan Horse Stallion Florian
First Opinion: This is probably what the child dictionary will show by the word horse. He looks to be a younger horse, judging by his short fluffy tail. Anatomy wise I have little to complain beside the long thick neck. He is a bit dull, but he will still move in.
Second Opinion: One of my favs this year, as odd as it sounds. He is smooth and simple, but maybe that is why I like him so much, because he is so simple, easier to get a simple thing right, right?
Verdict: Aju Nice

13870 Morgan Horse Mare Jonquil
First Opinion: I think of her as an update for the good old sorrel horse. Her braids put me off, but her pink muzzle makes up for it. Her pose is nice and so are her colors. She will move in.
Second Opinion: She is a very nice model, she has a nice look about her and a sweet personality. One of the better one's this year, actually. I am very content to have her.
Verdict:Yes, I am very pleased with this young mare.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]13871 Welsh Pony Stallion Forseti
First Opinion: It looks like he is wearing dapple pants! The choise of only dapples hind quarters is odd, but besides that it is a very charming pony. I am very excited to welcome him.
Second Opinion: Look at this stout little fellow. I like him a whole lot. He is a great pony and I am very glad to have him.
Verdict: A strong fellah!

13872 Welsh Pony Mare Bluebell
First Opinion: Lovely active pose and great color/shading. She is a little lady with a story to tell. She will be one of the first to move in.
Second Opinion: One of my favorite models this year, I am very content with her and I might even look for a few repaints!
Verdict: I love her so much!

13873 Dartmoor Pony Mare Moana
First Opinion: A sweet and curious mare, her color is very out there, but with the shading it works. Her pose is endearing. I am very eager to welcome her onto the shelf.
Second Opinion: She looks nice and gentle. But she is a tad too brightly colored.
Verdict: Nice enough.

13873 Braunvieh Cow [Gertrude]
First Opinion: A different sort of cow, this looks is new to schleich. Her coloration is very nice. The bell is a nice touch. She might move in!
Second Opinion: A soft and charming cow. I really like the bell. And she has a great hairdo.
Verdict: An interesting model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]13875 Black Bull [Isandro]
First Opinion: He looks a bit nice enough, like he is smiling, A little mickey mousey. Very bulkey, but that is the breed, I know. He might move in.
Second Opinion: I am actually so in love with this animal. He is very handsome and I actually got two of them, one is to be turned into a white bull. I love how bulky he is and how well his sculpt works.
Verdict: Yes, yes, thrice yes, I love him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]13876 Yorkshire Terrier Charles
First Opinion: Not the typical Yorkie, which I really like. This doggy looks very much like a good boy.  I will surely adopt.
Second Opinion: He is quite cute, I am quite surprised how small he is and all the details they still managed to cram into it, lovely.
Verdict: Simply lovely.

13877 French Bull Dog
First Opinion:He looks so moody! Someone please adopt him! His colors are nice and so is his sculpt, but he doesn't look too happy.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42419 Westernset [Femke on Randyl with Golden Boy]
First Opinion: Old golden retriever and newly retired Angus calf. The new QH stallion in an off dun coat. It looks overall nice, but is my least favorite set this year.
Second Opinion: Golden retriever family complete, chinching. The QH stallion is not my favorite, the colors make him look a bit meh and the new mane and tail are just a tad tacky.
Verdict: Fine, but not special

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
42420 Bunny House [Betony, Hazel and Fiver]
First Opinion: Nice! The coop and house look playmobily, but I am very excited about the baby bunnies. This one will be bought for sure.
Second Opinion: The baby bunnies are so cute and the mommah looks nice in grey too. I am content with this set.
Verdict: So cute ^^

42421 Hen Coop
First Opinion: The only new things about this are the chicks and the nest, but these are the storytelling props I like!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42422 Teacup Pigs [Miss Piggy]
First Opinion: We already know her piglets, but it is the mama pig we are keen on. She is very cute and so chubby and snuggly. She sure is allowed to move in.
Second Opinion: Mama pig is very adorable, well molded and with nice details.
Verdict: I like

42423 Pony Mare and Foal [Jeyne and Vallar]
First Opinion: These two little schmoopie! Both have sweet poses, look windswept and have nice colors. Very well made. I really can't wait to have them.
Second Opinion: Oh they are both lovely! I really like the dartmoor mare in white, she looks so gentle and sweet. The foal is absolutely adorable and I have so much wonderful stories about them. Papa Hannibal is delighted to have them by his side!
Verdict: Love love love, I am so happy to have them

Horseclub

13852 Quarter Horse Mare [Anna]
First Opinion: Another braided mare, but she is a very pretty mare. Nice pose, good colorations, heck even the hairbands match well. She is an overall well made model. One of my 2018 favorites.
Second Opinion: She is lovely. I am utterly fond of her and hope to have a few other versions of her. She is a very pretty lady and I love the paintjob on her.  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you
Verdict: I love this girl so much!!!

13853 Quarter Horse Stallion [Dickon]
First Opinion: A familiar mold, but with windswept mane and tail. I like the original look better, but this bud looks rather nice. No my favorite, but a nice model all the same.
Second Opinion: Not much, like, I prefered the older version a lot more, this one looks off with the windswept mane and tail, it just doesn't work. I like him less than I actually expected.
Verdict: Okay, but not more than that.

13854 Quarter Horse Foal [Muis]
First Opinion: Not a very natural looking baby, the sculpt seems a bit awkward. It looks cute in a way. It has it's fathers looks.
Second Opinion: I am so fond of this baby and I am going to build a conga of of's and repaints, because she is the best and I want all the variations. My fave this year for sure ^^
Verdict: I LOVE UWU

13855 English Thoroughbred Mare [Victoria]
First Opinion: We already know this mold. I am glad she has got a new color. This shade of chocolatey brown is very charming! I like her a lot.
Second Opinion: A nice mare, I do prefer the ginger version. I am not as fond of this model I expected, but she is nice enough.
Verdict: Well enough, but not outstanding.

13856 English Thoroughbred Stallion [Ephraim]
First Opinion: Looks nothing like the concept drawings. Has a wonky anatomy, but nice colors. Not very high on my wish list.
Second Opinion: I have seen a lot of praise for this lad, but I like him none. He is particulary wonky and his colors don't work at all.
Verdict: Thumbs down!

13857 English Thoroughbred Foal Harry
First Opinion:The already familiar foal looks as good as his mommy in chocolate! I am so eager to have him.
Second Opinion: A lovely little baby. I am more partial to his ginger cousin, but I love this one as well, the chocolate color really suits the model.
Verdict: So cute!!!

13858 Holstein Mare [Heleana]
First Opinion: This is a bit on an antomically awkward model, but at least she has fabulouse hair. She isn't the best made model this year, but her shading works well and she is kinda charming.
Second Opinion: Ooooh no, every about is just no, I am not down with this.
Verdict: No...

13859 Holstein Gelding [Baelor]
First Opinion: A rather familiar gelding, won’t you agree. He is the 2017 Hano Gelding, but with new hair and a new color. His new color is very nice and the cropped manes work well. I kinda like him.
Second Opinion: Eh, again, eh.. I am not really impressed with him.
Verdict: Meh

13860 Holstein Foal [Daeron]
First Opinion: Another Hano in a new coat. Overall nice colors, but it looks like he is wearing a diaper… This one the lowest on the foal list.
Second Opinion: Eh, he is fine, not the best color on this mold.The color gradient is better than expected though.
Verdict: Meh...

13861 Appaloosa Mare [Sugilite]
First Opinion: Wonderful Colors and a well sculpted stocky body. I am very curious about how she will look in person. She is certainly on my wishlist.
Second Opinion: Great painting, but a bit of a wonky sculpt. I am quite okay with her.
Verdict: Quite alright.

13862 Appaloosa Foal [Freckles]
First Opinion: Cute wobbly baby with all these spots. I love this one a lot already. My hands are itching for this model
Second Opinion: I love this lil baby so much. She might have a bit of an awkward shape, but she is lovely.
Verdict: Such a cute lil girl!

Dinosaurs

14585 Velociraptor
First Opinion: I am not keen on the flashy colors, but I am very content with the feathers the model is given.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14586 Carnotaurus [Xalafu]
First Opinion: From what I know about these beasts, this is a more accurate than former models, the colors also look very well. He might move in if I like him good enough in person.
Second Opinion: A bit of a comical beast, but I am still kinda fond of how the colors work with the sculpting. I am very glad I bought it, even though I didn't plan on it.
Verdict:He is quite impressive.

14857 Tyrannosaurus Rex
First Opinion: I like the older models better. His head looks awkward and the colors are strangely arranged.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15000 Triceratops
First Opinion: A model with nice details and a pleasant pose. I like how the red marks contrasts with the brown body, and the body wrinkles looks well too. A nice model!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15001 Oviraptor
First Opinion: A feathered dinosaur, very interesting! It looks a bit scary, expression wise but anatomically very good.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15002 Dinogorgon [Shanks]
First Opinion: Toyish, that much is true, but a very new species for schleich, which I like. It doesn’t seem very anatomically flawed. I am very interested to see how it looks in person. He will surely move in.
Second Opinion: He is toyish, but it is a new species which is wonderful, props to schleich.
Verdict: Lovely new species!

15003 Therizinosaurus
First Opinion: Oh come on schleich, you could have given him so much more feathering! The black and red looks better than the blue and orange he used to have, but is isn’t my cup of coffee.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15004 Psittacosaurus
First Opinion: Very interesting model with the quils on the tail and all dem horns. A lot of details but not my thang.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15005 Tawa Skjelg
First Opinion: Despite the big foot syndrome he has, this is my favorite dino of this year. The colors are a bit bland, but it is an overall nice model. Props to schleich for making such an obscure species. I wana get my hands on this one!
Second Opinion: I had so many hopes for this new species. But instead it looks like a skinny plucked chicken with a few too much choromosomes.
Verdict:  Suspect

Bayala

41463 Dolphin family
First Opinion: Very Girly™️. Glittery dolphins and a coral hoop… Not a big thing. The only thing I like is that the dolphin mama can be used in the clam carriage and as a mount for the mermaids.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70521 Unicorn [Loes]
First Opinion: We already know this one. She is quite pleasant, but not very special. She’ll move in with me though.
Second Opinion: She is better shaped than the older unicorn mares, but she pales in comparison to the beautiful models that came out alongside her, which is a bit of a pity.
Verdict: Okay!

70576 Rainbow Alicorn [Mirage]
First Opinion: Basically Ilaya’s Alicorn, so this is not something we haven’t seen before. She does have new wing colors, not very special, but she might move in anyway.
Second Opinion: Not very different from the other alicorns, the same basic mold, just the wings are recolored every time.
Verdict: Not new, but nice.

70577 Rainbow Alicorn Foal [Prism]
First Opinion: Heh, this is just the Liz foal from a few years ago. The colors are made to suit the mare, which is nice. It is an okay model, which will probably move in anyway.
Second Opinion: I prefer the original coloring better, this looks just like a baby copy of the adult version. Not very creative.
Verdict: Okayish

70570 Sea Unicorn Mare [Shierra Seastar]
First Opinion: Easily the highlight of the 2018’s Bayala range. Interesting anatomy and colors. This is a model with great story telling potential. She will be one of the first to move in.
Second Opinion: She is rather on the slender side, but she is indeed one of my favorite models of the bayala range. She was the first to move in.
Verdict: I am very pleased with her!

70571 Sea Unicorn Stallion [Davos Seaworth]
First Opinion: Not as stunning as his wife, but a very appealing model all the same. He looks like a real go getter. I really like him.
Second Opinion: I really like the dynamic sculpt of this guy. His colors work very well and he is very handsome. Definitely one of the better models of 2018.
Verdict: Such a handsome guy

70572 Sea Unicorn Foal [Seafoam]
First Opinion: The baby takes after mommy, it is so adorable and peppy looking. I can barely wait to have it.
Second Opinion: A lovely foal, I am very happy with him. Well made and well colored!
Verdict: So super cute!!

70562 Mermaid in a shell, with baby turtle
First Opinion: Mostly unappealing, save for the shape of her tail. Her face is a bit creepy. Animal companion is on a stick so not for collecting.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70563 Mermaid in a shell, with baby seahorse
First Opinion: Her face is a bit weird, but I really like how long her hair is and the shape of her tail. If she is not too pricey I might get her.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70564 Mermaid in a shell, with baby seal
First Opinion: Well made face, nice hair, but she is like 90% scales, which could be an interesting story point. Maybe she’ll move in too.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

March

Wild Life

42428 Ranger with Rhino Young [Tank]
First Opinion: Ranger Patrick looks a bit action manish, but the young rhino is stunning. He is very cute and very detailed. I will welcome him in my collection gladly.
Second Opinion: The little rhino is adorable, I love him so much. He is adorable and indeed very detailed.
Verdict: Awesome lil dude

42427 Ranger with trap
First Opinion: Ranger David is also a man of action. The cage is nothing special and the jaguar of the 2017 range. Only the hunk of meat is mildly interesting, but only bc it is new.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Horse Club

42411 Horseclub Girl 1 with Quarter Horse Gelding [Tinka on Venco]
First Opinion: Hoooo Fork, the face on this girl is cuhreepy! The horse has no shading, which is disappointing. The saddle is nice and so is the overall sculpt of the girl.
Second Opinion: The girl moves fairly well and the overall look is good, save for the face. The horse is a bit comicy.
Verdict: An interesting step for schleich.

42412 Horseclub Girl 2 with Andalusian Mare [Giselle on Telkela]
First Opinion: Nice hair but a ghastly expression. The mare is not the prettiest but has flowers in her manes.. So far the biggest disappointment.
Second Opinion: The horse is kind of meh and, but the girl is well made, safe for her face.
Verdict: Nice enough, especially the girl

42413 Horseclub Girl 3 with Hanoverian Gelding [Malisa and Toto]
First Opinion: The girls face looks like a flipping teletubby. And the horse is the same as 2 of this year… The other details on the rider are okay though.
Second Opinion: The girl looks best out of all four and I ended up liking the horse much more than I expected somehow. Best out of four tbh.
Verdict: I like.

42414 Horseclub Girl 4 with Arabian Mare [Aziza on Fahride]
First Opinion: The best made of the four, not a very winkie horse. Has nice details. But the colors of the mare are very flat. The tack looks nice.
Second Opinion: Yay for racial diversity and I am not usually picky about it. The horse is very nice, but a bit unstable. I am very pleased with these two.
Verdict: Kudo’s for schleich here.

42415 Secret Clubhouse
First Opinion: Very playmobily, the assesories are too toyish, not thanks.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42430 Icelandic Pony First Aid Set [Lofn + Grewyn]
First Opinion: The foal is beginning to grow a true conga. The mare looks nice, save for the braid and a bit of a chunky head. An overall nice pair. They are sure to move in.
Second Opinion: We already know the foal, I am growing a conga over here. The mare is pretty and has a very reptilian head, which I like.
Verdict: A very nice set, but I would like a new Icelandic foal by now.

42431 Andalusian Stallion Fashion set [Lucerys]
First Opinion: The stallion looks very charming in soft Palomino colors. I am curious what the fashion part entails.
Second Opinion: The fashion part is nothing save for scissors and a blanket, such a let down. And the palomino isn’t as handsome as the OG dappled grey stallion.
Verdict: A bit of a let down tbh

42432 Quarter Horse set [Leonette + Gilly + Dunya]
First Opinion: The quarter horse make look nice in her darker coat, but the foal isn’t very special in lighter shades. It is overall a nice set, that I’d really like though.
Second Opinion: I love both these molds so much. I am very fond of this set and I love their new colors.
Verdict: I love

42433 Appaloosa Training Set [Jasper/Peridot/Padparadscha]
First Opinion: The three appies all look nice, but not overly so. The regulars look a bit better, but I am certainly eager to have them.
Second Opinion: A great set. I really like the gelding and the filly. The mare is about just as meh as the og version, but I am generally very content with this set.
Verdict: I am very happy with them.

42434 Paddock
First Opinion: Very playmobily, but I am not adversed to it.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42435 Little Sister and Shetland Pony Mare [Kendra and Sprinkles and Ratjetoe]
First Opinion: The pony is quite cute and has nice colors and the girl looks okay. I am anticipating the one from a storytelling point more.
Second Opinion: The shetland mare looks charming with spots and I really love the rat. I am quite happy with this set.
Verdict: Very cute UwU

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm

Last edited by Gwaine on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Thankyou for the huge amount of work you put into this flower

May I bring a suggestion, - take it or leave it, of course Embarassed

My computer connection keeps crashing with that kind of long topic, and even more when there will be a lot of pictures, -  is it possible to split it up some, please ? Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Laughing  You surely ARE eager to see them Wink

Of course I am, my story is ever expanding!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 pm

Thank you for this great job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you for this great job Very Happy

Thank you!

~
~

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 10:32 pm

Nice!!! Very Happy The yellow/bright green is poorly visible tho XD

I will call my orca Gudrun. As, as I think, it is a female.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 10:35 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Nice!!! Very Happy The yellow/bright green is poorly visible tho XD

I will call my orca Gudrun. As, as I think, it is a female.

I name it Shamu for it's pose and the impact that pose has for many Orca's. I've seen the docu Blackfish and keep that in the back of my mind with this model.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 10:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

My computer connection keeps crashing with that kind of long topic, and even more when there will be a lot of pictures, -  is it possible to split it up some, please ? Very Happy

I don't really see where to split it up though...

~
~

Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 6:34 am

Gwaine wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I don't really see where to split it up though...

If I have lots of pictures, I just upload all of the pictures to servimg.com and just copy the url and make it a link. Loads a lot quicker. That's how I done the 2017 figure list.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 10:36 am

I can't see the pictures, just the unicorn and a few dinos, none of the others
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 10:38 am

Anne from Norway wrote:
I can't see the pictures, just the unicorn and a few dinos, none of the others

That is because there are only four pictures, the others are not open for the public yet.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Juli-December

Wildlife

42410 4x4 Jeep
First Opinion: An overall nice set, with nice details. The Jeep is decorated a bit childishly, but the accessories are nice and I just love the baby chimp’s looks. The keeper could be useful as a stablehand in my stories too!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Farm Life

42408 Treehouse
First Opinion: YES!!! A good set, wonderful details. Look at all those cute critters!! Nice accessories and well shaped tree and hut. I love it. I will certainly get this one!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42407 Farmhouse
First Opinion: A very nice set that I will certainly consider buying. I especially love the animals and the farmer and his wife. The beagle with the bandana is especially good. There are so many wonderful details.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42426 Birthday Picknick
First Opinion: A cute little set, good for a gift. The little critters and the girl are adorable. I am most certainly getting this one.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42442 Farm Life Playmat
First Opinion: I don’t care for this type of thing. It is nice for children, to stimulate their imagination and what not, but not my thing.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Horseclub

42416 Dollhouse
First Opinion: I actually don’t mind this at all. It is a nice concept, just not really schleich.. Well not old schleich, it is new schleich. I will likely try to find myself the stables and the critters seperatedly. It seems to be a very complete and detailed set though.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42417 Café [Monty]
First Opinion: A nice enough set. The tarts sure come cheap. I like the pinto that comes with it. Again the set is detailed and very complete. I might actually get this one.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42437 Tori & Princess [Pacifica and Maria]
First Opinion: The set I am the most excited for. A friesian, totally my thang!! Not too fond of the yellow tack, but with all the new saddle sets I will find something that fits this sweet mare better. I don’t care much for the stable though.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42438 Emily & Luna [Emily and Jonne]
First Opinion: Is this the same wash place we have with the hano stallion? It looks a bit different. The Holstein mare actually looks better in these colors. I will defo get this set.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

13863 Connomara mare [Claire]
First Opinion: No breed confirmation what so ever… She looks sweet enough, but not special. Of course she will move in. I am not sure what her story is, though.
Second Opinion: She isn’t very special, but sweet looking all the same, she has a nice place on the shelf
Verdict: Just okay

Various saddle sets
1 [42489], 2 [42490], 3 [42491], 4 [42492]
First Opinion: Very nice and detailed tack, well made. The colors are also nice and I will enjoy myself in matching them up with horses to wear them ^^. I like.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Bayala

70565 Sera on Flower Unicorn [Madelief]
First Opinion: The least out of five. I like the long manes and the colors of it, but I don’t like the floral decoration and the posture. The fae’s face is horrid and scares me. If I keep this one on display it will be without the fae lmao.
Second Opinion: Not hugely special. Imaginative, that is sure, but there are just point that irk me and I can’t quite put my finger on why.
Verdict: Nice but a bit irky

70566 Surah on Glitter Pegasus [Iris]
First Opinion: Yaaas!!! I really love this model, she is very graceful and well balanced. The manes and tail are pretty and have a nice shape. I like that the wings match Surah’s and her face is very friendly. The fae doesn’t look as horrible as the other fae do this year. This is the first of the series I am gona get for sure!!!
Second Opinion: She is beauty, she is grace. I love this model so much and she is a piece of art, kudo’s to the sculptor.
Verdict: I LOVE

70569 Eyela on Princess Unicorn [Primrose]
First Opinion: A nice enough model I will certainly get, but that tail, no schleich, don’t do that. The colors overall work well though and I like the shape and manes of the unicorn.The fae is not very good, but that doesn’t really matter to me,
Second Opinion: She has some flaws, but she is overall very well done. I am pretty pleased with her and I am liking this type of developement from schleich.
Verdict: A very nice model with a few flaws

70567 Marween on Glitter Unicorn [Thistle]
First Opinion: A very pretty unicorn for sure. The colors work very well, as does the shape of her. I am rather keen on getting her. The fae doesn’t look all that well made and her racoon strikes me as rather fat.
Second Opinion: The unicorn is very pretty and I am very very pleased with her, she turned out even better than I expected. I especially like all the braids, very nice.
Verdict: A very well done model

70568 Feya on Alicorn [Amarylles]
First Opinion: The shape of the animal is nice enough, as are her names, but I am not very partial to the wings or the flower decorations. The fea doesn’t look all that nice either. But of course this one will move in as well.
Second Opinion: I love her much more than expected. The wings are a bit strange. But otherwise I am very partial to her.
Verdict: I like her so much!

42445 Castle with Unicorns and Fae [Rosemary and Fern]
First Opinion: More items I’ll need to find seperatedly. I am too interested in the castle, even though it is very detailed and complete. It has nice touches and is nice to look at, but that is all.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70574 Pegasus [Narcissus]
First Opinion: He is definitely a sports model, he looks fast and stubborn and the colors work well. The decorations even looks like tattoo’s and sweatbands. I really like him and he will move in as soon as possible.
Second Opinion: A real sportsmodel, he is handsome as heck and greatly made. The ferrari under the pegasi!
Verdict: Great, I love!

70573 Unicorn Mare [Yoru]
First Opinion: Very pink! Much pretty! She has a lovely shape and her decorations work well. I like her well enough, she will surely move in.
Second Opinion: I follow her sculptor on insta and it explains so much. I am glad schleich commissions people who seem more apt than they people they actually employ. Because this is a beautiful girl and I love her.
Verdict: I love her, like so much.

70575 Alicorn Foal [Ran]
First Opinion: Look at this sweety, she is a curious little thing! She looks like an alicorn with a story, I am so in love with her already. So bold and eager to explore. I want her now!!!
Second Opinion: I love her so much, she is the cutest bean and everything about her is so great. I am a big fan.
Verdict: MY CUTE BEAN.

Eldrador Fighters

42452 Ice Wolf [Calhoun]
First Opinion: Woaw, this is a great beast for sure. I am very impressed with the sculpting and detail of him. The colors work great and he will surely move in.
Second Opinion: Fudge yes! This is a great model and has so many amazing aspects.
Verdict: AMAZE

42448 Yeti
First Opinion: An interesting creature for sure. Not something for me, but I am sure this type of model will delight a great number of boys and collectors with a monster affinity.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70139 Ice Dragon [Recolored]
First Opinion: We already know this one, only in a more blue version. The colors do suit her, but I am not fond of reuse and schleich knows this.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42453 Shark Monster
First Opinion: An ugly beast that is for sure, but ugly with a purpose. He looks like he has seen many fights. I am quite sure he will find a place in many a collection/toyboxes.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70140 Water Dragon [Recolored]
First Opinion: We already know this model and the new colors are not even and improvement. Disappointed here!!!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42449 Kraken King
First Opinion: A very detailed and interesting model. I might even get it when it pleases me enough in person. It is most certainly an interesting model with a story to tell.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70141 Stone Golem
First Opinion: A pretty basic golem, which is fine. It looks nice enough, with some fancy mossy details. A good toy I’d say.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42454 Berserker Bear [Ursus]
First Opinion: An interesting model, for sure. I like it a lot. It looks absolutely massive and it surely has an interesting story I would love to tell.
Second Opinion: He is massive and he is great. I am very happy to have him and this is a great storytelling device as well.
Verdict: Super great!

42450 Stone Skelleton
First Opinion: Looks very papoish, not really schleich’s style so to say. I am sure it will please some monster fanatics, but it is not for me at all.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42451 Hell Hound [Diesel]
First Opinion: Oooh yes, look what a magnificent beast. It looks amazing, so well colored and with great detail. This one is most definately moving in. I love him already!
Second Opinion: Look at this gnarly beast, I love him. He has a great sculpt and such a fierce look.
Verdict: Fudge yeah!

70138 Lava Dragon [Glaurung]
First Opinion: An amazingly detailed and well made beast. He will likely move in. I really like how he is shaped and the colors work very well.
Second Opinion: He is huge! I really like his design and he has a wicked wicked smile.
Verdict: Such a great beast!

42447 Lava Golem
First Opinion: Not a very special model, but goes well with the theme, good for younger children and monster collectors.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42455 Frostmonster and FireLion in Battle [Barong]
First Opinion: I don’t care for the monster much, as nicely as it is made, it suits the other golems in the series. But the lion is magnificent, so well made and with a good pose and colors. I am definately after this one.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Dinosaurs

15006 Therizinosaur Juvenile
First Opinion: It has feathers!!! Heck yes!!! The colors seem illsuited, I’d prefer it in more earthen colors like greens and browns and with a bit more of a potbelly, but it is overall a nice model.
Second Opinion: She looks half a lovecraftian horror and I love her sculpt. She is amaze.
Verdict: A great lil girl.

15007 T-Rex Juvenile
First Opinion: Hmm, not really what I would have wanted from a juvi T-Rex. They are mostly depicted as having feathers. However the pose is really nice, it looks very curious and playful. Maybe I’ll allow this one to move in with his dad and little brother.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

15008 Pteranodon
First Opinion: Not at all bad, the colors seem a little unnatural, but his shape is nice and they even gave him protofeathers!!!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

41461 Cave Playset
First Opinion: The herrarasaurus and the psittacosaurus recolored. The herrarasaurus recolored looks nice. The set only has only the colored models to boost the set, which is a bit of a disappointment.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Advent

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
97780 Horseclub calendar [Elizabeth, Ann, Lottie and Hopscotch]
First Opinion: Eh… I really like the Thoroughbred models, but these colors do them no favors. I might actually not get the calendar this year and just wait for the models to appear separately on ebay. Barely anything else is really attractive.
Second Opinion: Very happy with the kitten and the baby bunny, of course, but unexpectedly I like the horses better than I expected. Bc I am an idiot.
Verdict: Yay more babies

97702 Wildlife calendar
First Opinion: Naaaaaaah, schleich this is utterly lazy. Literally the only booster this might have is the blond lion, that is it. Put! More! Effort! Into! Your! Wildlife! Calendars!!!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

97700 Farm Life calendar [Little Bo-Peep, Sieglinde, Kaspar, Rocky Rooster, Minet and Bunbun]
First Opinion: The calendar I am looking forward to. I am defo getting this one. Two beautiful canadian shepherds and all those other cute critters!! Gold star here schleich!!!
Second Opinion: So many great new critters, lovely. I am enchanted by the canadian shephers, I love
Verdict: Yay more new babies

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich: The 2018 Review   Schleich: The 2018 Review EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Did some updates teehee

~
~