Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) Empty
PostSubject: Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 3:40 am

Review of the entire set of Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms by Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum, originally released in 2015. This is a small set of only five gashapon-sized figures, depicting soil-inhabiting invertebrates. And, as usual for Kaiyodo, they all occur in Japan/Asia.

At the time of its release, all five figures were unique at the species level, and even among their general groups have very rarely been made. One species has since been made again, however.

Four of the figures are single piece; only the mole cricket comes in two pieces that easily snap together.

In the order they are marked on the paperwork:

1. mole cricket, Gryllotalpa orientalis.
I have only two other mole crickets, and they are small, vintage (one rubbery), and not well detailed. This figure is a masterpiece, however!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. earwig, Anisolabis maritima.
I have only three other earwigs; two are small, hard vintage figures (one with its wings expanded) and the other is a 'mini' vintage figure by Schleich!

3. tardigrade, Echiniscus japonicus.
I have four tardigrade figures, all of them representing different species. Interesting this group has not been made more (plush toys not withstanding).

4. earthworm, Pheretima communissima.
I historically have not collected earthworms, and at the time of this writing this is my only one. AAA made one, and Safari LTD did a life cycle (both of which I think I will pursue!). I am sure there are several more out there, but still not really commonly made.

5. common pillbug, Armadillidium vulgare.
With the removal of the deep sea isopods (which have exploded in figure/toy form in the last few years), the terrestrial isopods are very rarely made. I have four, one of which is a stonecast figurine. Kaiyodo did make a second version of this species, a very large model, in their Sofubi Toy Box line earlier this year.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 am

Wonderful serie again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:44 am

Very interesing and wonderfully made models again cheers

Btw, - Bullyland made an earthworm also. Very Happy Those were the days of their glory Rolling Eyes

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:34 am

Very interresting models. I have a special bias for the tardigrade.

I hope Kaiyodo will make a big enough Waterbear one day.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 pm

I tooke two years to find this topic and I see I missed a top quality set. Every single figure is superbly done. The mole cricket is particularly impressive! Shocked It also reminds me time as a kid when I used to play with this kind of organisms, not exactly the same species but some relatives. I enjoyed finding them and observing these little creatures in their habitats.

PostSubject: Re: Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) Empty

Back to top Go down

Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)
Page 1 of 1