Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review Empty
PostSubject: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 10:38 pm

I had recently purchased the new Breyer by CollectA adult and puppy German Shepherd pair and would love to review them.  First, here are the walkaround photos I took of each figure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

German Shepherd 88552:

Overall, I'm really impressed with this figure.  He has a wonderfully dynamic pose and a sweet, helpful-looking expression.  The detail work is also really great.  I also love the paintwork, especially the inclusion of the white highlights.  These seem to really give him added dimension.  Technically speaking, he really is a great representation of his breed.  There are really only two issues with the figure.  The first is that his front dewclaws are so low that they almost make him look plantigrade.  The second and more major issue is that he looks almost exactly like the Schleich female German Shepherd in terms of pose and coloration.  It's a shame since they're both technically very nice figures, but if you have one you don't necessarily need the other.  

German Shepherd Puppy 88553

As I'm sure is already apparent from the photographs, this shepherd actually looks like an adult in miniature in terms of design and proportion rather than a true GSD pup.  They usually are darker colored, have thicker snouts and legs, and usually have dropped ears.  Nevertheless, I find her very cute and I like her mature looks.  Her uniqueness makes her stand out against the other puppies who are more traditional.

Edit: I apologize, but I would like to retract my earlier recommendation of the adult due to this similarity. The Schleich 1:12 female is well worth looking for instead. I should also mention that If I were not a major GSD fan or I had known about this similarity ahead of time, I would not have purchased this figure. While it is technically different enough to be legal, one will always compare it to the original. All it would take is just a little more originality to make it a truly stunning piece.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by barracudacat on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 am

Laughing Laughing At first you made me very surprised, - so Breyer is now selling more models of dogs ? But then I realized that they are the good, old CollectAs. Very Happy

Are all CollectA now being available in USA as Breyer ?
Very interesting to see how the CollectA name has been removed on the puppy, and replaced by the Breyer stamp  , while on the adult, the stamp has been put next to the original brand study
Perhaps we are going to see the same with the other CollectA animals, and all over the world Shocked

Thankyou for the walkarounds sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Nice pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Quote :
Are all CollectA now being available in USA as Breyer ?
Very interesting to see how the CollectA name has been removed on the puppy, and replaced by the Breyer stamp , while on the adult, the stamp has been put next to the original brand

This is a great find that I hadn't noticed until now. I did think the dual company logo on the adult was interesting. It does make them a little hard to categorize, but the original sculpt belongs to CollectA.

By the way, have you checked Breyer's website? They seem to have doubled their CollectA imports including adding wildlife! Things are certainly improving as far as their availability here.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Yes, that is good news for USA's collectors cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Fortunately I use to read all comments or I could easily think it was originally a Breyer figure too. Laughing
We have to think how could these be sorted on forum to prevent confusion.
I like very much to read your reviews. I like particularly when you comment that the cub looks like a miniature of an adulte. Things have improved lately but, it was usual companies making youngsters just as miniatures of their parents. Fortunately it is rare now. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review   Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer by CollectA German Shepherd 88552 and Puppy 88553 Review
Page 1 of 1