Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)

Go down 
+10
VASILIS
widukind
Bloodrayne
Gwaine
SeanieP
sbell
Roger
Florian
arafan
Numa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) Empty
PostSubject: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 10:48 pm

A friend at CollectA has sent me some information some of which I enclose below for your reference.  It just talks about the decision to revamp the catalogue and adjust some of the lines.  Given the wildlife range has expanded so much it makes sense to me.  See below:

You will notice when you see the list of novelties that CollectA has re-grouped the animal categories. In the past 3 years our line has changed so much in regard to what kind of species we have worked on and the release of our AR line (Augmented Reality) so as the development of the "Minis" that the whole concept as well as our catalgoue were in need of a make-over.
Catalogue and price list now have the following groups and sub-groups:

1) Prehistoric World with the following sub-categories
a) Collecta AR (Augmented Reality)
b) The Age of Dinosaurs Deluxe
c) The Age of Dinosaurs 1:40
d) The Age of Dinosaurs Popular
e) Other Prehistoric Animals

2) Wild Life from
a) Africa
b) Asia and Australia
c) Europe
d) North America
e) South America
f) Oceans and Polar Region

3) Horse Country
a) Horse Deluxe 1:12 Scale
b) Horse 1:20

4) Farm Time
a) Farm Life
b) Cats and Dogs

5) Little Wonders
a) Insects and Spiders
b) Reptiles and Batrachians

6) Gift Sets
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Yes, I think that this makes absolutely sense, but just one suggestion, they should merge Europe and Asia too. Very Happy And it isn't that great that the Polar regions will be together, not really good from the educational point.

Will there be any new sea animals? And how many figures can we expect?

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 11:16 pm

arafan wrote:
Yes, I think that this makes absolutely sense, but just one suggestion, they should merge Europe and Asia too. Very Happy And it isn't that great that the Polar regions will be together, not really good from the educational point.

Hi Bryan

Points noted.

Unfortunately even I do not have sight of all the new models. My focus is on the wildlife so dont find out about other areas until later. Will keep you guys posted.....

3 new hoofed wild life models to be announced soon....the show is not over.....

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 pm

I hope it is a gaur !

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 11:31 pm

CollectA's range is getting really extensive and I also agree it is a good idea to split it it in smaller series. It means a lot of work on TAI too! affraid Laughing
Contrarily to Bryan, I don't htink it is miseducational that they merge both poles in the same series. A catalogue is just a book we use to know what is available and grouping those individually could result in very small series. They can easily be soubgrouped on catalogue together with sealife as it is suggested. The problem is when animals of different poles are sold together in sets. When a kid gets a playset where polar bears and penguins are together, it surely may result disastrous. So, the problem is not the catalogue but the final product.
On the other hand, I tend to agree with Bryan about Eurasia instead of the traditional merging between Asia and Australia. I know Australian series are often very small and that there is almost a bridge of islands between Oceania and Asia but Europe and Asia are basically the same continental mass with an important slice of common fauna. I know it is not easy to get a perfect division but I like the new way CollectA is using. :)

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 12:13 am

Numaan wrote:
arafan wrote:

Hi Bryan

Points noted.

Unfortunately even I do not have sight of all the new models.  My focus is on the wildlife so dont find out about other areas until later.  Will keep you guys posted.....

Thanks for reply, that sounds absolutely great, specially as I was a little worried that you said that most models would just be remakes of their older animals, but to start with two such rare species the year really can't be that bad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I absolutely understand what you mean with the poles, but there is only one species of penguin that lives exclusively in Antartica, the most common as a toy, the Emperor penguin, so I think it makes absolutely sense to put this species to sealife (as it also should occur with the leopard seal and maybe even the Gentoo penguin, which also could be placed in South America, what could possibly educate that penguins are not exclusively from Antartica), for the Polar bears I think it would be fine to put them on North America or Asia.
I was thinking about the same for Australia, but then I've looked on their site and noticed that they have quite a few animals from Australia, and they should call it better Oceania than Australia, Kangoroo, Koalas, Platypus, Cassowary, Wombat, Kiwi, maybe even the Thylacine could be pit there, which would definitley be more that two pages.

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 1:03 am

I find it amusing that they went with "Reptiles & Batrachians" instead of the standard "Reptiles & Amphibians". Is there really a reason to exclude caecillians so forecefully? No one actually thinks they (or anyone, other than the small COG figures, and a few high end models) would ever make one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 2:18 am

Numaan wrote:
arafan wrote:

Hi Bryan

Points noted.

Unfortunately even I do not have sight of all the new models.  My focus is on the wildlife so dont find out about other areas until later.  Will keep you guys posted.....

That is great about 3 more hoofed animals!!! Applause

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 2:35 am

I am really keen on seeing the 1:20 horses. They might not fit on the shelf hehe.

CollectA is my current favorite brand, they make a lot of obscure species adnt ehy do most of the animals they make so much justice.

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for everything you can share with us, I really appreciate it.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 2:48 am

Gwaine wrote:
I am really keen on seeing the 1:20 horses. They might not fit on the shelf hehe.

1:20 horses are their standard horses. Those slightly larger than Schleich's. This scale is clearly an approach once they are slightly larger than the mentioned scale.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 am

Roger wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

1:20 horses are their standard horses. Those slightly larger than Schleich's. This scale is clearly an approach once they are slightly larger than the mentioned scale.

What am i picturing then?

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 3:34 am

Gwaine wrote:
Roger wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

What am i picturing then?

Standard horses are in 1:20 scale.
Collecta made some Deluxe horses. They are in 1:12 scale.
The largest Breyer horses are in 1:9 scale.
Just to give you an idea.
Or do I misunderstand your question?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 4:32 am

bounce bounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 7:43 am

[quote

[/quote]

Are these 3 models totally new for Collecta or the male, female and babies of existing models?
I am anxious to find out which of the existing models will be changed.
What other surprises have you got for us Collecta the following weeks?
I love the new categories of the catalogue.
Surely the insect lovers will expect a new spider at least!
Now we can expect for the future many more animals from the treasure of South America!
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 am

Interesting that they're carving up the large dinosaurs into "Deluxe" and "1:40." I suppose that the Deluxe will be home to the ones now called Supreme, and hopefully all of the "1:40" figures that were much larger than 1:40, like the Scelidosaurus, Nigersaurus, and Neovenator.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 am

I forgot to ask you something, Numaan! What is the meaning of Augmented Reality in toy figures? Do you have any idea? scratch

sbell

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 9:31 am

Roger wrote:
I forgot to ask you something, Numaan! What is the meaning of Augmented Reality in toy figures? Do you have any idea? scratch

I got some details from Anthony Beeson--it has to do with a synergy of a figure and an info card that can be scanned into an app and give an interactive experience.

Make of that what you will.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 9:37 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

I got some details from Anthony Beeson--it has to do with a synergy of a figure and an info card that can be scanned into an app and give an interactive experience.

Almost like TipToi animals? (Without the ugly orange dot on the figure itself though of course.) That is something new and interesting...and good from an educational point of view I suppose.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am

The categories sounds good.
Hoofed animals? I want a MUSKOX. And please early 2018, not in summer or autumn.

I hope they make a category for extinct animals there are gone extinct in modern era, after 1500.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Almost like TipToi animals? (Without the ugly orange dot on the figure itself though of course.) That is something new and interesting...and good from an educational point of view I suppose.

Sort of--I believe the scan is done from the card, not the figure. And the app is on a phone, not with a scanner or extra device (like the Scanopedia figures).

And you also learn that the figures in the packets are...the dino tube sets.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 am

sbell wrote:
I find it amusing that they went with "Reptiles & Batrachians" instead of the standard "Reptiles & Amphibians". Is there really a reason to exclude caecillians so forecefully?

Well, their 'Insects and Spiders' line has a scorpion, which is neither an insect nor a spider :-)
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 pm

It must be named "Insects and Arachnids". Scorpions are arachnids. ^^

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 12:44 am

sbell wrote:
WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sort of--I believe the scan is done from the card, not the figure. And the app is on a phone, not with a scanner or extra device (like the Scanopedia figures).

And you also learn that the figures in the packets are...the dino tube sets.

Many thanks! That video puts everything clear and I find it cool... for kids. Laughing
Science4You, a Portuguese company, developed a similar system using Mojö Fun figures instead. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)   COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news) Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2018 - Catalogue Shake-up & new categories (some news)
Page 1 of 1