Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soma toys: anyone knows them?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 4:49 am

Is the white part the only part that glows? That would look a bit eerie in the dark... Shocked
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 8:30 am

cheers cheers cheers

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 5:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is the white part the only part that glows? That would look a bit eerie in the dark... Shocked

Yes, only the white parts glow in the dark. If that looks eerie? Well, that is a way to see it... I saw that Soma also released a flocked line of dinosaurs back in 1985. Maybe I will acquire them one day. But for now, it is the Glow in the dark series that I want to complete the most...
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 3:06 am

It's harder to see what a white line is than the whole figure glowing. Laughing

Flocked dinosaurs? Maybe they have protofeathers. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 pm

It's harder to see what a white line is than the whole figure glowing. Laughing

Flocked dinosaurs? Maybe they have protofeathers. Laughing

Protofeathers on 1985 dinosaur toys... Now that is what I call "Ahead of its time"!

Right now, there are two Soma Tyrannozillas from the glow in the dark line on Ebay. Unfortunately, I don't have much money left this month; I had lots of expanses in August. I did put an auction on one of them and I sure hope to win it. If not, I sure hope the other one will still be there in September for me to buy it! I am very anxious about getting one...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi!
Last Sunday, I finally received my 1987 SOMA GLOW-IN-THE-DARK TYRANNOSAURUS REX!!! Now, I have FOUR (4) figures out of six (6) in this series!!! Did you see how this Tyranno looks like Godzilla? Yes, because for a very long time, in the public's mind, T.Rex and Godzilla were thought to be one and only animal. This explains why many T.Rexes representations from the 1950's to the late 1980's looked a lot like Godzilla. study  Look at the litthe Schleich "Classics" Königsaurier for example: you will see that it looks a lot like Godzilla as well: an upright position, a row of tiny plates on its back and long arms with many fingers. Shocked  It seems that it was Jurassic Park, in 1993, that finally separated completely Godzilla from T.Rex in the public's mind! Because today, you won't see many people draw T.Rex with Godzilla-like features, like many used to do during a few decades after the release of the first Godzilla movies!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi!
Last Sunday, I finally received my 1987 SOMA GLOW-IN-THE-DARK TYRANNOSAURUS REX!!! Now, I have FOUR (4) figures out of six (6) in this series!!! Did you see how this Tyranno looks like Godzilla? Yes, because for a very long time, in the public's mind, T.Rex and Godzilla were thought to be one and only animal. This explains why many T.Rexes representations from the 1950's to the late 1980's looked a lot like Godzilla. study  Look at the litthe Schleich "Classics" Königsaurier for example: you will see that it looks a lot like Godzilla as well: an upright position, a row of tiny plates on its back and long arms with many fingers (I couldn't put the picture here because photos from Toy animal wiki are blocked). Shocked  It seems that it was Jurassic Park, in 1993, that finally separated completely Godzilla from T.Rex in the public's mind! Because today, you won't see many people draw T.Rex with Godzilla-like features, like many used to do during a few decades after the release of the first Godzilla movies!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 am

Congratulations! He would indeed make an excellent Godzilla stand-in.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2021 9:28 pm

Now, only two figures are still missing in that line. I hope they will show up on Ebay soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Soma toys: anyone knows them? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soma toys: anyone knows them?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: