Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2001 PV Zebra

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

2 - 2001 PV Zebra Empty
PostSubject: 2001 PV Zebra   2 - 2001 PV Zebra EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am

I was under the assumption that the PV miniatures line died out completely in 1999...but this Zebra that caught my eye in a bundle of animals on eBay has thrown me for a major loop.

It says (C) (PV) 2001 CHINA ZEBRA It also has the number 2 right inbetween the front legs.
Look below:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some of the paint has been rubbed off from its previous home but it definitely has PV's characteristic paint job and unmistakable makers mark.

Anyone seen this one before or know of others marked with years past 1999? There has to be others!!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

2 - 2001 PV Zebra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2001 PV Zebra   2 - 2001 PV Zebra EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 am

Oh, I find these questions always very interesting. We discovered lots of unknown figures in the past through questions like these. Very Happy
2001 is indeed a year that we don't expect to find on PV marked figures but their Yujin versions instead. However, it seems to be a kind of transitional year. Following our perception, it surely is a figure from a 2001 unknown set. We have no more figures marked 2001 as soon as I could remember and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is its number in that set. The way is to find more figures marked 2001 with diffeent numbers. Laughing

We have, on TAI, from the Okavango National Park set, a zebra marked 1999 and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
It is from Beatrice's collection and I am truly convinced that your also belongs to one of these late National Park sets. study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

2 - 2001 PV Zebra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2001 PV Zebra   2 - 2001 PV Zebra EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Oh yes, very very interesting question

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

2 - 2001 PV Zebra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2001 PV Zebra   2 - 2001 PV Zebra EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am

WOW !!! What an interesing, great find cheers

Sponsored content

2 - 2001 PV Zebra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2001 PV Zebra   2 - 2001 PV Zebra Empty

Back to top Go down

2001 PV Zebra
Page 1 of 1