Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama) Empty
PostSubject: Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)   Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama) EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am

Walk-around of the atlas moth, Attacus atlas (Linnaeus, 1758) by Kaiyodo, Capsule Q Animatales - Yaeyama, No. 302 (2014). The atlas moth is one of the largest species of moths and occurs in southeast Asia to the Malay Archipelago. This figure was released as part of one of several sets specializing in specific locations in Japan, in this case the Yaeyama Islands of Okinawa. This is the only atlas moth that was released by a major commercial manufacturer. Jetoar made one for his 'Amazing Moths' line (which I have, of course) and I also have a magnet figurine from Doug Walpus Art Studio.

This figure is, well, probably the best moth figure out there. Actually, the entire Yaeyama set had an amazing species arrangement of superb quality (five of them can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Due to the angle of the wings, it is difficult to measure (and frankly, difficult to image), but taking into account the width of each forewing and the thorax, I have it at a 90 mm wingspan, making it just under 1:3 for a large specimen. Assembly is required and it is a delicate figure, so care should be taken. It's been three years since I assembled mine, so I do not remember the number of pieces. The paint job is exquisite and the 'eyes' on the wings are translucent!

I am surprised I have not done a walk-around of this one before! This figure comes highly-recommended for anyone that might collect insect figures (even if it is not your focus). They still show up on eBay periodically so they are not impossible to find.

On to the pics!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)   Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama) EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:09 am

Very nice and detailed

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)   Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 am

It should be my "synoptic" moth. Thanks for showing... So long ago Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)   Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 4:32 pm

This is again another very realistic figure and the angle of the wings contribute to a more lifelike result. Probably the most exciting figure of this kind I've ever seen.

PostSubject: Re: Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)   Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama) Empty

Back to top Go down

Atlas Moth (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Animatales: Yaeyama)
Page 1 of 1