Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 2:35 am

Walk-around and review of the Scorpion Anatomy Model by 4D Master (2009). The model represents the emperor scorpion, Pandinus imperator (Koch, 1842). I have been eyeing this model for a while and finally decided to get it when I could get one on eBay from the US. There is a tarantula as well (not to mention several non-arthropods including a snail, mammals, reptiles, and possibly more) [I thought brontodocus had reviewed one of them but if so I cannot find it].

The model comes disassembled in 29 pieces. A few pieces are clear to view the interior anatomy. This is a very high-quality model, made of vary hard, high-quality plastic. It takes some strength to get some of the pieces in, but it a tight fit once secure. The pincers on the end of the pedipalps have a ball-and-socket connection and the claws themselves are articulated. The detail is superior and is probably the best emperor scorpion model/figure available (we'll see how it compares to the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toy Box model later this year). This was clearly designed to be used as a display model and teaching aid, at a level of quality to be used at the university level! The figure is also VERY big (I was astonished by the size of the box it was shipped in!); I did not measure it, but it appears to be about twice the size of the Safari Smithsonian figure, which would make it 4:1 for a large specimen.

The figure comes with a small base and a peg with which to attach it. It also comes with a booklet with information of scorpions (anatomy, biology, etc.) and assembly instructions.

After seeing the quality, I am tempted to invest in the tarantula next, but not sure if I have room right now for another of this size ;-)

On to the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 am

Great figurine!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 8:44 am

Very impressive and interesting model ! Shocked
Beautyful detail, and it is clear that it is good qualitry .
Strange, - I never really wondered how this kind of critters look inside the exoskeleton geek

So already in the morning, I learneds something new today ! cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Wow, what a great and very interesting model! I love anatomy models! Smile
Nice to hear about the good quality of it. Does this company make also mammals?

Thank you for sharing and congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Ana wrote:

Hi Anna,

Just a quick search on eBay reveals they also have a chicken, snail, polar bear, cat, dolphin, tarantula, Triceratops, pig, giraffe, human, brown bear, T-rex, tiger, gorilla, frog, elephant, crocodile, Stegosaurus, shark, mammoth, plus human organ systems and a couple funny things (gummy bear, rubber duckie).
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:25 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Ana wrote:

Hi Anna,

Just a quick search on eBay reveals they also have a chicken, snail, polar bear, cat, dolphin, tarantula, Triceratops, pig, giraffe, human, brown bear, T-rex, tiger, gorilla, frog, elephant, crocodile, Stegosaurus, shark, mammoth, plus human organ systems and a couple funny things (gummy bear, rubber duckie).

Thanks! That's very interesting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 am

That is surely an interesting and educational model. More a work piece than a regular collectible. I think you could use it exposed in a special place of your house where your bugs have no access once I think you won't resist to the tarantula. For a person with your profile, I think these are the best.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)   Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master) Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Anatomy Model (4D Master)
Page 1 of 1