Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Jaguar 2007

Go down 
+2
WhiteLightning Wolf
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Schleich Jaguar 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Hello friends!

"Return my 2007!", can we hear such phrases pretty often. Maybe we should say it to Schleich, which sculpt was wonderful during this time? Or new Schleich style isn't so bad, if to pay attention that animals became more detailed — at least with fur texture. Or just imagine how it would be great to mix old anatomy with new textures... What do you think?

I consider this jaguar has an amazing anatomy. Look at this body shape, round head, smooth lines, which define real jaguar... And, of course, paintjob that has many layers. But if it has more tiny texture that has a new jaguar... tongue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:24 pm

This jaguar here was my absolute favorite that Schleich ever made. Very Happy

It's unfortunate what has become of Schleich's current big cats though. Their new jaguar...is way less than remarkable. While the fur textures and paint job improved with this last model they released, it was the anatomy that went in the other direction and got very bad.

If only they could apply the new fur technique and paint work to this 2007 model when the anatomy was perfect!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 12:18 am

I enjoy to see walk arounds of discontinued figures. It is also my favorite Schleich jaguar and actually, the jaguar of my collection. The figure in terms of anatomy is irreproachable. About the texture, I understand these older figures give the impression of being outdated once excessively textured figures were not fashionable some years ago. It could look more "modern" with a richer texture but I am not sure it would look more realistic. Considering that they remastered so many figures, keeping almost the same sculpt and adding some more texture, I don't know why they didn't it with this jaguar once the piece is still a great sculpt.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 am

Beautieful jaguar :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

Yes ! This is a wonderful model indeed , and thankyou for the beautyful walkaround  cheers

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
.....fur texture. Or just imagine how it would be great to mix old anatomy with new textures... What do you think?

I think that it would be terrible !!! What a Face
Not to mention that they are almost impossible to clean, I do not much care for these over-fuzzy models ( as I don't care much for shading) .
Most animals - and certainly animals from tropical rain forests -  have smooth, sleek furs, which lets moisture run off them Wink

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:

It's unfortunate what has become of Schleich's current big cats though. Their new jaguar...is way less than remarkable. While the fur textures and paint job improved with this last model they released, it was the anatomy that went in the other direction and got very bad.

If only they could apply the new fur technique and paint work to this 2007 model when the anatomy was perfect!

I don't really think that new one's anatomy is so bad  Shocked I feel like new jaguar should have smaller nose (and maybe a head at all), but I really like him in general. But yes, I agree that old one looks more natural (maybe with his pose, I don't really know what makes me feel like that).

Roger wrote:
About the texture, I understand these older figures give the impression of being outdated once excessively textured figures were not fashionable some years ago. It could look more "modern" with a richer texture but I am not sure it would look more realistic. Considering that they remastered so many figures, keeping almost the same sculpt and adding some more texture, I don't know why they didn't it with this jaguar once the piece is still a great sculpt.

I just am a big lover of tiny details, and this is why I don't really like Breyer-like horses and like Papo sculpt.
And also there are many good examples with adding some texture: old Papo horses, jaguar from Safari, which still is in my wishlist. On the other hand, we have examples of bad texture: Schleich wolves 2015. They have really very nice anatomy (remember accurate faces and paws of these wolves - and especially growling one's touth (I don't mean paintjob, which kills all the advantages)), but their texture isn't natural. And so I really would like to see something from old school with new texture of 2017-2018  bounce

SUSANNE wrote:

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
.....fur texture. Or just imagine how it would be great to mix old anatomy with new textures... What do you think?

I think that it would be terrible !!! What a Face
Not to mention that they are almost impossible to clean, I do not much care for these over-fuzzy models ( as I don't care much for shading) .
Most animals - and certainly animals from tropical rain forests -  have smooth, sleek furs, which lets moisture run off them Wink

It's just different tastes, I think. I enjoy how I feel new jaguar in my hands: it's like his muscles will move, and I will be able to feel how smooth is fur which exist and how his skin is soft and pliant (as I suspect with real jaduars Laughing ). Remember also Safari jaguar 2015 - his texture is almost invisible, but it is, it does exist cyclops

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 9:18 pm

I'm a big fan of this model, but it took me until last year to buy it.
None of the jaguar toy figures from other brands ever appealed to me. Except for this one.
But I don't like buying Schleich figures (for obvious reasons) so I never bothered. Laughing
But when I found it in a store and could see it "in the flesh", I couldn't resist any longer.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am

Yes, I'd love to bring this great topic again and point to the brilliant review of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Christophe posted some time ago. We can't forget this splendid figure Doug Watson sculpted to Safari. I don't need more jaguars but I don't know if I will resist to this figure much longer.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar 2007   Schleich Jaguar 2007 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Jaguar 2007
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: