Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3-d printed prototypes?

Go down 
+3
landrover
SUSANNE
aschuck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

3-d printed prototypes? Empty
PostSubject: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 5:14 am

Dear Sts Friends,

I only started this topic because I thought some of you would like to know that I am a writer, and have a document full of ideas for figures that have not been made yet. One of the creatures is a feathered spinosaurus. Anyway, all this goes to say that I have suggested some of my ideas to Safari Ltd, and they said that the making of my ideas would be very expensive. I was wondering about prototypes of some of my ideas, since some of them are basically plastic figures which haven't been made yet. Would a 3-d printer be a good tool for making the prototypes, or what? I mean really, these ideas are great, and it would be so cool to see Safari Ltd have a go at some of them. Currently, my list of ideas (all the entries) has 737 things on it. This includes stuff which is classified as a creature. The creature part of the list is ... well ... I don't know how long, but I'll check. Anyway, if any of you would like info about these ideas, please reply to this topic.

Anna
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 am

Sounds fantastic !!!! It would be great to see some of those here bounce cheers

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 pm

I agree with Susanne, is fantastic. cheers

Please send us, some photos.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Same here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 am

737 is surely an ambitious number! Shocked It is an entire life for a company to make so many projects. Safari is very close to collectors and it is not rare that they accept a few suggestions. Maybe you can study how this business works, how a line of figures is built and which figures, among your favorites, could be important to enrich Safari's current range. Today's range is very diversified and it is not easy to find many groups of animals not covered yet. Please show us some of your ideas but please show them really.

aschuck

PostSubject: I don't have any prototypes even made yet   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 2:25 am

Hi susanne,

Hey, I know you all think my ideas are great, but the question is, how can I possibly show you some of them, if I don't have the prototypes made yet? For me, making the prototypes is not going to be easy. I do think that safari could in theory make a spinosaurus with feathers and/or fur. My version of that creature has both feathers and fur, instead of scales and spikes. No wings though. Perhaps I should think of creating one with wings. That would be cool! By the way, would any of you like to read the list? Oh dear, I forgot, it won't make much sense to you without pictures. And as of yet I have none. Absolutely none! See? Anyway, maybe I should start experimenting with clay or something. Well, when I have pictures, I will let you know.

Anna

P.S. Did you know that a bunch of my creatures and things were originally created from craft buttons? Also, I got some new buttons today, so my list has expanded a little.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Gone with the wind off to safari ltd   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Dear Sts Friends,

Today I sent my document of ideas off to my sales rep, and he said he would look at it on monday. Great, hunh! Anyway, it turns out that one of my ideas really was a spinosaurus with wings. I don't know what you think of these ideas, but I think they're cool. If only we could see them as figures! That would be so cool! Also, did you know that another idea of mine was a unicorn with the feet of a sea lion? I saw this one in a dream. The figure in the dream was made of porcelain, and it was laying down, its mane flopped over to one side, and its head turned to the right. You couldn't see its feet very well, because all four of them were tucked under the body. When I awoke, I thought, "What an interesting idea! I better write about it, before I forget it." And that was how the Seal-unicorn came in to existence. Well, if anyone reads this, and has comments, great! I'm glad to be of help to you as collectors.

Anna

P.S. The AAA pictures from my collection still haven't been made, because we're still working on a photo-booth.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Very interesting ideas. Maybe some of them will come to real.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Where there's a Will, there's a way   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Dear Sts Friends,

Well, I've found it, a way to make my ideas come real. Now keep in mind I cant do all of them, but a few can be done. Right now I am working on a list of the ideas I want to do. The process will involve taxidermy mounts, fabric, animal eyes and noses, and various styrofoam three d shapes. I'll keep you all informed on how the project goes, but for now, everything's still up in the air.

Anna

P.S. The project might involve tin foil as well. As always, when I have pictures of these prototypes, I will share them with you.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Except for the taxidermy wich I don´t like, sounds very good.

I´ve heard the 3D printer is a bit expensive. Not only the printer itself but also the production.

EDIT: I think I understood bad. Taxidermy mounts... Means dead animals mounted someway, or means the pieces where the skin is mounted?

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3-d printed prototypes?   3-d printed prototypes? Empty

Back to top Go down

3-d printed prototypes?
Page 1 of 1