Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to fix loose jaw articulation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DinoFan610

Country/State : New Zealand

How to fix loose jaw articulation? Empty
PostSubject: How to fix loose jaw articulation?   How to fix loose jaw articulation? EmptyFri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

The Schleich T. rex(dark green variant) that I ordered online just arrived yesterday, and after playing with it I noticed that the jaw articulation is very loose(to the point that I can't even keep its jaws closed).

This is a very frustrating issue, so I was wondering if there are any ways to fix this.

Thanks! :)
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to fix loose jaw articulation?   How to fix loose jaw articulation? EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I'm very sorry to hear about your T rex.  There is a solution where you can tighten joints using superglue.  Simply put a little on the joint, then keep moving it until it dries.  The result should be a movable joint with added traction.  

In practice, this worked for me on unpainted action figures with sturdy plastic, however, I know Schleich uses a lot of paint and rubbery plastic.  There is a risk of it causing damage in your situation.  I would recommend testing it on a rubbery figure you don't care about first if you want to try this technique.

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: How to fix loose jaw articulation?   How to fix loose jaw articulation? EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:17 pm

I have used clear nail polish in the same way.

DinoFan610

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: How to fix loose jaw articulation?   How to fix loose jaw articulation? EmptySat May 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Thanks, but I guess I came to terms with it, in fact, the loose joint kinda add to the playability since I can open and close the jaw way more easily now. But thanks for the replies anyway.

Cheers! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to fix loose jaw articulation?   How to fix loose jaw articulation? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to fix loose jaw articulation?
Page 1 of 1