Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enoshima seahorse? Which set?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

Enoshima seahorse? Which set? Empty
PostSubject: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 1:27 pm

while I was working on my Kaiyodo pictures, I found this lovely seahorse:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it is marked with "Enoshima Aquarium" and the species name Hippocampus kuda, but I have checked both Enoshima series and the sea horse seems not to belong there, also not as a secret item, at least it is not listed. Not on TAI and not on other pages, like this great one with complete listings of many bottle cap and other Kaiyodo series, that I trust very much in their listings:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Does anyone has further informations, please? Is there a third Enoshima series?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 1:32 pm

hey froggie

This Enoshima set is from this set:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The numbering in the link suggests this is the 5th aquarium set (?).

This is the homepage of the link I just sent. It's a good reference: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 1:50 pm

thank you, that helps - at least a bit, since I am still confused about Kaiyodo's naming policy, seems they mix up their Aquarium series someehow...
Could not find a position to upload it on TAI anyway; not sure that it is from the 5th Japan Aquarium set, since this is listed on TAI but items are different. Maybe from one of the first two sets, that are not listed there?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Froggie wrote:
thank you, that helps - at least a bit, since I am still confused about Kaiyodo's naming policy, seems they mix up their Aquarium series someehow...
Could not find a position to upload it on TAI anyway; not sure that it is from the 5th Japan Aquarium set, since this is listed on TAI but items are different. Maybe from one of the first two sets, that are not listed there?

Yes, I think sometimes Kaiyodo releases the same figures for different aquariums for different occasions. On some the papers have names like Capsule Aquarium 3 (generic) but the blue bottlecap under the figure has a specific aquarium name.
It confused me for a while too and now for my inventory I just list the aquarium its associated with and the year (if I have that info - it's not always on the paperwork).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Nice sea horse :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 2:53 am

Interesting figure. thanks for sharing. sunny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enoshima seahorse? Which set?   Enoshima seahorse? Which set? Empty

Back to top Go down

Enoshima seahorse? Which set?
Page 1 of 1