Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you know these mini dolphins?

Go down 
+2
NightLioness
Roger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Do you know these mini dolphins? Empty
PostSubject: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 6:41 am

Beatrice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], have sent these pictures to me once she didn't know where to put them at Toy Animal Wiki. She suspects these are K&M Minis or even from K&M Rubber Balls or sold as Club Earth. They're known from Wing Mau catalogue.
Do you have any more informations about these figures and could you also help me with species?
Later I will also show some spiders... thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bottlenose dolphin

Atlantic white-sided dolphin

White-beaked dolphin

Indian Ocean bottlenose dolphin?

Last edited by Roger on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 8:26 am

No clue, but now I want them XD
They could be mini's indeed, they have the style.
Are they very hard plastic, or a bit movable (rubbery?).
Bouncing balls have very hard plastic animals, as where the minis are more bendable.
(not much, but more than the hard small bouncing ball animals)

After re reading this, I don't even know my own theory is right XD

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Number 3 could be a white beaked dolphin.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 7:28 am

They are lovely, - but don't they look a bit like home-painted models ? Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 am

Your guess seems good Andreas, thanks! Very Happy
Susanne, I have no idea, I only know that they are much smaller than what we see here and the painting effect could result quite different.

NightLioness wrote:

After re reading this, I don't even know my own theory is right XD

lol! Toy animal archaeology is a hard hobby. I have no idea how they feel once they're in Beatrice's hands. Maybe she posts here someday. Very Happy

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 10:10 pm

They are lovely! cheers The surely remind me of the K&M Mini figurines, but I haven't seen them before.

SUSANNE wrote:
They are lovely, - but don't they look a bit like home-painted models ? Shocked

The paintjob does look a bit wobbly, but the paintjob on the 'authentic' K&M Minis does't look much better. For example, their Ichthyosaurus:

Roger wrote:
lol! Toy animal archaeology is a hard hobby.

Ow! Did someone say 'archaeology'??? bounce Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 10:17 pm

They look pretty interesting. As for species, I think theyre Bottlenose, Atlantic white-sided and White-beaked dolphin respectively. Not sure about the last one. Perhaps Tursiops aduncus?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 am

Thanks for all your replies and aminly for helping finding the best match species. Any further information would be also very appreciated. :)

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini dolphins?   Do you know these mini dolphins? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you know these mini dolphins?
Page 1 of 1