Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... Empty
PostSubject: K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...   K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Similarly to what happened with the little dolphins, I also received these pictures from Beatrice, a series of mini spiders and again I ask your precious help to find the exact series they belong and to help me finding their species. Consequently, I will introduce them at Toy Animal Wiki.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crab spider

Arrowshaped Micrathena (Micrathena sagittata)

Mabel orchard spider

Tarantula 1

Spec. 2

Tarantula 2

yellow-garden spider Argiope aurantia

Wolf spider

(updated with Blaine's suggestions)

Last edited by Roger on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...   K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm

I could imagine Blaine knows it :)

I dont nothing about spiders :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...   K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Most of these are pretty generic. For the IDs that were given, were they marketed as those or are those assumptions by you or Beatrice? For example, the 'wasp spider' was probably intended to be the more familiar A. aurantia (as K&M has made that species before). Likewise, what you are calling a spiny orb weaver is better attributable to the arrowshaped Micrathena (Micrathena sagittata). Species 1 looks like the same sculpt as what you are calling a wolf spider but the mouthparts suggest another tarantula...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...   K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 11:55 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Most of these are pretty generic. For the IDs that were given, were they marketed as those or are those assumptions by you or Beatrice? For example, the 'wasp spider' was probably intended to be the more familiar A. aurantia (as K&M has made that species before). Likewise, what you are calling a spiny orb weaver is better attributable to the arrowshaped Micrathena (Micrathena sagittata). Species 1 looks like the same sculpt as what you are calling a wolf spider but the mouthparts suggest another tarantula...

Thanks Blaine, I am just as Andreas, I don't understand about spiders at all and our hopes are that you could help with them. The same with Beatrice, she was brave enough to try to identify these, so those are her assumptions and it is not known if these were marketed with any identification, we are not even sure about their brand. I updated the topic according with your identifications. I suppose you don't have these, am I right?

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...   K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 1:28 am

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Thanks Blaine, I am just as Andreas, I don't understand about spiders at all and our hopes are that you could help with them. The same with Beatrice, she was brave enough to try to identify these, so those are her assumptions and it is not known if these were marketed with any identification, we are not even sure about their brand. I updated the topic according with your identifications. I suppose you don't have these, am I right?

No I do not have them. Beatrice and I have talked offline about them (and similar sets) but until now neither of us has had much success. Maybe she got them recently? I have emailed her to inquire about duplicates :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...   K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information... Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M Mini Spiders, needing more information...
Page 1 of 1