Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018] Empty
PostSubject: 42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018]   42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018] EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 6:59 pm

42430 Icelandic Mare
Lofn

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Profile Picture, this is a very intruiging model to me, probably not very awkward, but she has something dragonesque about her.

Other side, she is rather sturdy

Front, here the angles of ehr face become very apparent

Back, her tail is not very well done tbh, looks matted

Correct Udders

Braided manes

Very reptile like head

Overall Opinion: She is a very interesting model

+ Reptilian like head
+ Coloring
+ Not fully recycled

- Tail
- Braided manes
- Demon eyes!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018]   42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018] EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 10:38 pm

I sort of like this model !
She has the wide head of the good, healthy, old fashioned Iceys, as they looked before the farmers began to breed the style that Europeans like, so they could get more money for them.
In Iceland they used to say, that there must be room for a man's fist between the jaw bones...e.i. a very wide head, which gives the horse plenty of room to breathe :)

It also shows why one should never, ever, never make braids out of the forelock on an Icelandic horse !!!!
First of all it is very thick, and rough, so the braid looks ridiculous and stiff .
Second, the head of an icey looks completely wrong without the beautyful, thick fringe falling over the forehead Rolling Eyes

And third, Iceys need the forelock to chase off flies and other insects. They do not have the antibodies against many of the insects which do not live in the cold climate of Iceland.
Flies can make big wounds round their eyes, if they do not have a way to chase them away.

But I know how the head looks without a forelock : Several Iceys, imported from Iceland, are especially allergic to some small bugs, midges,  that don't live in their home land. The poor horse will scratch and scratch, sometimes they scratch off all the mane and forelock. It looks terrible, and is a torture to the poor horse.

So : Only ignorants would make a braid out of the forelock of an Icelandic horse !!!!!  Evil or Very Mad

42430 - Icelandic Mare [2018]
Page 1 of 1