Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The sets and figurines by Wenno

Go down 
+4
Roger
SUSANNE
halichoeres
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The sets and figurines by Wenno Empty
PostSubject: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 1:22 am

Arctic:

arctic fox
reindeer
arctic wolf
polar bear
walrus
arctic hare

North America:

white tailed deer
florida puma
american black bear
moose
gray wolf
coyote

South America:

caiman
Darwins rhea
Culpeo
Jaguar
black-headed spider monkey
giant anteater

Europe:

chick
billy
goat
chicken
rooster
brown bear
Holstein bull
Holstein cow
Holstein calf
ram
hog
sow
Red fox
horse
Appaloosa horse
fallow deer
roe deer
sheep Eu
gray wolf eu

Eurasia:

Ussurian moose
eurasian eagle owl
amur hedgehog
sibirian tiger
russian lynx
raccoon dog
eurasian beaver
brown hare

Asia:

panda
red panda
Yakutia moose
bactrian camel
asian tiger
asian elephant

Atlantic ocean:

Green sea turtle
Atlantic spotted dolphin
Atlantic blue crab
Johngarthia crab
Humpback whale
spotted eagle ray

Indian ocean:

hawksbill turtle
Arabia angelfish
copperband butterflyfish
pyramid butterflyfish
Mafia island whale shark
christmas island red crab
Mud crab
Loggerhead seaturtle

South Pole:

Weddell seal
Emperor penguin
Gentoo penguin
Orca
Levis octopus

Pacific ocean:

Harbor seal
green sea turtle
Bottlenose dolphin
stingray
Great white shark

Australasia:

Papua monitor lizard
Emu
Koala (2 figurines)
platypus
kiwi
sheep
kangaroo

Africa:

Zebra
Lion
Lioness
african elephant
african cheetah
Gorilla
Giraffe
Hippopotamus
Ostrich
african gazelle

Any sets have interesting figurines but it is sad the some figures are identical in different sets. So can be one figur stand for 2 or 3 species.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 3:42 am

Do you plan to get Wenno's dinosaur sets? I'd be interested in what species are in those sets.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 4:05 am

halichoeres wrote:
Do you plan to get Wenno's dinosaur sets? I'd be interested in what species are in those sets.

No, i prefer only wildlife animals. And there is also no information on that poster :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 4:18 am

Ah, okay. Well thanks anyway :)

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 7:51 am

halichoeres wrote:

Well, most of them are not that hard to identify, even for me Very Happy

I suppose you have already seen the link, Andreas sent a couple of years ago ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am

Oh, I actually hadn't seen it, thank you. Oddly, the thumbnails do not match the detail photos! It seems they have changed the sets over time.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 pm

All informations are from this poster

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 am

Great work Andreas! I introduced informations on TAI according with your first post. It needs a second round once it is missing the prehistoric sets and some sets need some more work like Africa, farm, etc. Though, that's a good start. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 5:30 am

Roger wrote:
Great work Andreas! I introduced informations on TAI according with your first post. It needs a second round once it is missing the prehistoric sets and some sets need some more work like Africa, farm, etc. Though, that's a good start. :)

At the moment i have Australasia and South America. So i can give pictures. And i hope to get more soon. But it is strange that one figure can represent more than one specie.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 5:53 am

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

At the moment i have Australasia and South America. So i can give pictures. And i hope to get more soon. But it is strange that one figure can represent more than one specie.

Your pictures may be useful once I suspect not many people will collect these. Some of the species are really positively surprising but the quality seems quite poor. As you pointed, the use of the same moulds to many different species shows a little effort to make the figures look like the real thing. I have mentioned it before with the ostrich/rhea/emu and now it seems the fox, of my personal interest, represents simultaneously a red fox, an Arctic fox, a coyote, a culpeo and I haven't checked yet the raccoon dog but I suspect it will be the same. Sad

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 7:05 am

Oh wow the Johngarthria and Christmas Island red crabs are new genera and species for me.
Andreas, if you get sets with those and can part with the crabs let me know.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Your pictures may be useful once I suspect not many people will collect these. Some of the species are really positively surprising but the quality seems quite poor. As you pointed, the use of the same moulds to many different species shows a little effort to make the figures look like the real thing. I have mentioned it before with the ostrich/rhea/emu and now it seems the fox, of my personal interest, represents simultaneously a red fox, an Arctic fox, a coyote, a culpeo and I haven't checked yet the raccoon dog but I suspect it will be the same. Sad

Thats the problem. Often is also the colour the same. At the moment i dont have a contact to the owner, but i hope it is only a question of time.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 5:25 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Oh wow the Johngarthria and Christmas Island red crabs are new genera and species for me.

I will do it, but i think some crabs are one figurine with any specie names by Wenno

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm

halichoeres wrote:

I have seen and scanned in a shop a Tyrannosaurus and a Stegoyaurus with a child

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 11:19 pm

widukind wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

I have seen and scanned in a shop a Tyrannosaurus and a Stegoyaurus with a child

Thank you! That's something at least.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 12:26 am

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I will do it, but i think some crabs are one figurine with any specie names by Wenno

That's ok by me. Not an uncommon practice really. Look at all the Toy Major butterflies lol
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 am

halichoeres wrote:
widukind wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Thank you! That's something at least.

I have these two lists but I am not 100% sure they're official.

*[[Wenno Herbivore Dinosaurs Playset|Herbivore Dinosaurs]]
Stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Triceratops
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus

*[[Wenno Carnivore Dinosaurs Playset|Carnivore Dinosaurs]]
Velociraptor
Spinosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Tyrannosaurus
Criolophosaurus
Allosaurus

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 3:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thank you that's very helpful! I just wanted to make sure there weren't any particularly unusual species, which is the only reason I would be inclined to hunt them down. I appreciate it!

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:49 am

In a local toy shop i can find now a few tubes marked with Wenno,

here are young animals

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

another tube "Safari" is marked as Wenno, but the figures inside are cheap chinese figures in a small size- so surely not really Wenno

Also a farm tube exist.

The tube "forest" you can see in my zoo news

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:14 am

The figures in here are so lovely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:08 am

Lovely set, Andreas cheers

Could be fun to see some of them repainted by one of our experts Very Happy

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:19 am

Oh, I confused Wenno with Weico as there are some models (buttlerflies, lizards, sealife) sold by this name on Sandspielfiguren.
I didn´t know Wenno and their page doesn´t work anymore. Such a pity that nobody seems to have some of those figures as the TAW page is rather empty study
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:32 am

I have a few of farm and wildlife models by this maker but I didn't realise they made so many models!They then to appear sometimes in discount shops here but I have only seen that commoner models.

PostSubject: Re: The sets and figurines by Wenno   The sets and figurines by Wenno Empty

Back to top Go down

The sets and figurines by Wenno
Page 1 of 1