Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA African buffalo question

Go down 
+3
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Gabe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

COLLECTA African buffalo question Empty
PostSubject: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Well, today I got Collecta's new African cape buffalo. I've noticed that some collectors were curious about its size - so here are the good news! It's about the same size as the Papo version (a bit bulkier in the torso) and has a brighter brown color. Unfortunately, I'll probably have a camera only at the end of the summer... so no pix till then. Sad

I also received their new lion cubs (walking and stretching) - wouldn't recommend them, though. They are the same size as the Schleich ones, but the paintwork isn't the best.

If you have any questions, I'll be pleased to answer! Surprised

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Congrats on you new additions Gabe. Can't wait to see pics though! Laughing
Will you get the new CollectA Lion and Lioness? Where did you get the cubs from? I really like the look of the Lion, but I haven't found it available anywhere yet. I hope the paintwork on it is better than the Cubs then.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks, Harriet.
I definitely WILL buy the male lion and his girlfriend.
I got all the 3 Collecta figures from T.G.F. Toys. The paintwork on the buffalo is beautiful, and I also noticed now that although almost identical in size with the Papo, its head is a bit WIDER... but it doesn't distort anything and they look good together, side by side.

In regard to the lion cubs, their paint is a very dark yellow, and their backs are even darker - that's odd, maybe it's only mine. Details are not as good as Schleich lion cubs. These lion cubs are not the best IMO, yet not the worst - they're OK.

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 am

Thanks for the review. Can't wait to see pictures too. I may have to check out the website to get some sort of idea, although most of the website pictures are not as good as the real item.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:32 am

Indeed, Ana. Don't let the pix in the CollectA website deceive you...

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:13 am

I haven't gotten mine. But I am pretty much sure, it won't be a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 am

Gabe wrote:
Thanks, Harriet.
I definitely WILL buy the male lion and his girlfriend.
I got all the 3 Collecta figures from T.G.F. Toys. The paintwork on the buffalo is beautiful, and I also noticed now that although almost identical in size with the Papo, its head is a bit WIDER... but it doesn't distort anything and they look good together, side by side.

In regard to the lion cubs, their paint is a very dark yellow, and their backs are even darker - that's odd, maybe it's only mine. Details are not as good as Schleich lion cubs. These lion cubs are not the best IMO, yet not the worst - they're OK.

In the catalogue photo the lion cubs look so nice, I have a feeling the Lion is going to be the same in it's paintwork.
That's good that the two buffalos are the same scale, I don't have any buffalos yet.
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 am

Luckily, I haven't gotten any disappointments from getting the right stuffs made by the CollectA yet. I already ordered the African Water Buffalo, Beaver, Eating Giraffe, Walking Lion Cub and the male and the female Mountain Goats but may only reach me in two weeks here in Singapore.

And of course the new African Lion, the lioness and the stretching lion cub are also a must for me. Although I am still 50-50 whether to get the Wild Pig family as well as the Tiger and the White tiger trios or not.

Last edited by Lasersword1973 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm

You know, now that I look at the lion cubs they seem to be fine. Perhaps it was the different color from the catalog that disappointed me at first glance...

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Gabe wrote:
You know, now that I look at the lion cubs they seem to be fine. Perhaps it was the different color from the catalog that disappointed me at first glance...
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I knew you'll be happy to hear that. albino

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 am

TigerStrike wrote:
...The paintwork on the buffalo is beautiful...
That's a good news for me - I've put an eye on that buffalo. :)
As to the lion cubs, I didn't like them even on the official photos, so they're not my choice.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am

You'll love the buffalo, kiryuha.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:40 am

Kiryuha wrote:
TigerStrike wrote:
...The paintwork on the buffalo is beautiful...
That's a good news for me - I've put an eye on that buffalo. :)
As to the lion cubs, I didn't like them even on the official photos, so they're not my choice.
Welcome to the forum Kiryuha!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

Welcome to the forum Kiryuha!
Thanks for the welcome :)
I used to watch the old LG forum more recently, although I registered here a couple of months ago.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:40 pm

CollectA's 2010 African buffalo is a very nice sculpt. One thing that bothers me about this figure, though, is the unique, weird pose. Although being knowledgeable in the African savannah, I still ask for your opinion: Is the pose "real?" - and what does it mean?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi, Gab! Probabily you already know this famous video!
It represents something very special that makes this bull be successful in such a dangerous place!
I love this video even I'm a looser here!:)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Roger wrote:
It represents something very special that makes this bull be successful in such a dangerous place!
I can't believe the calf survives! Shocked
Roger, I bet you were trying to save the calf from the lions, right? Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Roger wrote:
I can't believe the calf survives! Shocked
Roger, I bet you were trying to save the calf from the lions, right? Wink

Laughing Right! You have a special sense Harriet!
I try to save the calf from the lions, I let the big bulls think in a strategy, then I help them to surround the lions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks Roger, I see what you mean. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Ohhh, Roger ! Shocked
My hero cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh, Roger ! Shocked
My hero cheers

Thanks!!! flower cheers ...and Gab»? ...and Gab???? Evil or Very Mad cat Wink Gabriel is an angel! santa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA African buffalo question   COLLECTA African buffalo question Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA African buffalo question
Page 1 of 1