Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures

Go down 
+12
lucky luke
Jill
NandO
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Roger
bmathison1972
widukind
Froggie
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures Empty
PostSubject: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 2:31 pm

This year I was able to get some K&M figures I never saw before - and I wanted to share these pictures here (even if some of these are already on TAI). Will add more soon that are still on their way.
Of some I was aware of their existance before (like the wyoming toad or the big sifaka), so they are not really "unknown" but think it is worth to show them here, too.
K&M has so many unknown and surprising treasures to unearth besides the rather well known tubes and bulks, that's what makes this brand so fascinating to me. Finding an unknown figure is like winning a lottery. cheers  (and I am always happy if I am pointed to figures I don't know yet ...)

Here is my absolute favourite: Spectacled bear, marked (very tiny) with species name + latin name (Tremarctos ornatus), K&M , no year. Obviously from the big (AZA-)Series, these were marked with species and also scientific name. Maybe that one is a young, not adult figure, since it seems a bit chubby and childish. Would mean there is an adult to hunt down, too:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My latest find on a local fleamarket is this lovely flying fox, marked only "Bat China K&M INT", material rather rubberish like the toad or the dragon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wyoming toad, same mould like the african bullfrog, but different painting and mark: "Wyoming Toad China K&M INT" (little correction - the feet are different, so not exactly the same mould)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the African bullfrog:

A jelly fish, marked "Jellyfish K&M INT"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this beluga is already on TAI, but think it was never shown here on the forums, so it might be of interest:

A komodo dragon made from similar rubberish material as the toad (have to check about its marking)

big Sifaka from the madagascar polybag - and surprisingly it is not hollow, despite the seam on its belly but massive rather hard rubber material:

have also this big cockroach from the same polybag, also massive:

for these maybe someone has an idea to which series they belong?

this orang utan baby, marked "Orangutan 2008 K&M INC" (indeed INC not INT), I don't know if it is from a tube or what else (more unknown K&M orangs to come soon)

little moray eel (maybe a pencil topper?)

Will try to update my latest K&M finds here regularly cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Have the mooray eel a little hole for a pencil?

The others looks very large. That is what i mean in the past with any surprises. The bear could be a cub.

But very very interesting.

It is sad that informations are very hard to get.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Ok, so that is the hissing cockroach from the Polybag. I have one, but I didn't know if mine was truly from the polybag or the tube set (with nothing to compare it to). Mine must be a tube figure, since it lacks seams and does not have such a detailed paint job! Thanks.

P.S. those toads are a rare treat, indeed!
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 pm

some more recent finds:
a very big octopus made from similar rubbery material like the toads.
the mark is almost not visible, but since I know how K&M marks usually look like and since in this case I already had a certain suspicion I was able to identify the very blurry mark:

big bluespotted ribbontail ray, just marked rather neutral: "Stingray" no year (maybe there are other color variations?)

a hollow not very beautiful crocodile, probably from a polybag, and probably not very rare - I place its picture here for hopefully set identification, please. The font type looks rahter unusual for K&M - it reminds me to some vintage chinese markings (just can't remember right now which brand...)

Last edited by Froggie on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Interesting again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Beatrice will never let the K&M fever desapear. That's a gift to all of us and we will always get surprised with what this company have to offer. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 7:55 am

Roger wrote:
Beatrice will never let the K&M fever desapear. That's a gift to all of us and we will always get surprised with what this company have to offer. Very Happy

Hear, hear !!! cheers

Immensely interesting ! Thankyou very much for sharing Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Froggie wrote:
some more recent finds:
a very big octopus made from similar rubbery material like the toads.
the mark is almost not visible, but since I know how K&M marks usually look like and since in this case I already had a certain suspicion I was able to identify the very blurry mark:

a hollow not very beautiful crocodile, probably from a polybag, and probably not very rare - I place its picture here for hopefully set identification, please. The font type looks rahter unusual for K&M - it reminds me to some vintage chinese markings (just can't remember right now which brand...)

I found a other color variation of the octopus

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 7:41 pm

Ohhh, so good to see this topic again cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 7:30 pm

here a few more

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 9:25 pm

Thanks

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 1:51 am

I just got some interesting ducks in the load of figures from KM, large figures from 1999 from their line "Explore the World" too (the same labels as sea creatures from Beatrice) . I saw these never before. I try take/share some photos during the weekend :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 8:43 am

jarda wrote:
I just got some interesting ducks in the load of figures from KM, large figures from 1999 from their line "Explore the World" too (the same labels as sea creatures from Beatrice) . I saw these never before. I try take/share some photos during the weekend :)

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Really very exciting, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! cheers

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 7:29 pm

K&M Mandarin Duck:

K&M Wood Duck:

K&M Mallard Duck:

K&M Ruddy Duck:
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Stunning models and great catches!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 7:42 pm

These are beautiful, and very interesting models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 5:44 pm

OMG, what a catch. Especially the ruddy duck. What do you think, how many more figures could be exist?

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Wow Jarda, thanks for sharing those beautiful birds.

cheers cheers

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 1:10 am

Gems  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 2:08 am

These are all really interesting! I like the African Bullfrog (those eyes looks surprisingly real!), the crocodile (looks like he just had a meal Shocked), and the ruddy duck the best!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 am

Beautyful ducks !!!
Ihow big are they ? Very Happy

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 pm

Beautyful ducks Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny study
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 4:33 am

I found the bullfrog last week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures   K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M - rare or less known/unknown figures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next