Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!

Go down 
+6
Wallace98
Neptune
Megaptera
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi everyone. I was going on eBay, searching toy animals. But then, most of the listings were actually... They're sold from China, and are made of plastic. But the most ridiculous thing is that they are the exact same design as Schleich models. As an example, the Schleich Gnu is retired, and rarely found on eBay, but when I search ''toy gnu'' I can find a lot of wildebeest models that resemble the Schleich Gnu entirely. I'm not sure if those are copied models. Now, the question is... Is it legal to purchase these models? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 am

You can find not only Schleich copies but also from many other brands. Even Mojö Fun knockoffs are available. Sad
It is not illegal that you purchase these models. It is just not recommended once while buying, we are supporting that kind of market.
However, I have myself a few of them, namely the Schleich fox and kit knockoffs once it was interesting to my fox collection. Another point is that while acquiring these figures, you are not taking the exact collectible and its collectability is almost nule.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am

Gosh, yes, look : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid

Roger is so right. It is not a good idea to spend money on these, - and they aren't even cheap Suspect

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am

I found Schleich and Safari copies in a large discounter, the black Netto. And a other large shop in a lot of cities sold CollectA knock off horses.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Sometimes i could imagine that the molds of retired figures are sold in China, the country what also produced the most of the figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

I also found Chinese copies of some CollectA cats in a German shop called Kik:D

They are not cheaper than the real ones. But I don't know if the quality is on the same level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 4:28 am

Well, thank you for explaining! I've just found out recently that those bootlegs are being sold in stores... But the worst thing is that, instead of licensing brands within the US, stores import thousands of bootlegs from China, wasting the store chain's money... Shocked Shocked

Overall, I think you're all right. It's better to buy original figures. Bootlegs, as I noticed, have bad quality.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 1:50 pm

widukind wrote:
Sometimes i could imagine that the molds of retired figures are sold in China, the country what also produced the most of the figures.

You are rigt . Often it is just the paintwork ( and perhaps mould lines) that make the difference.
But I wonder if it is not sometimes cheaper for them to copy the model for a mould, - modern technology has made it so much cheaper scratch

Neptune

Neptune

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm

A few weeks ago I went to the shop "Action" (in France) and saw that they sells some fake Schleich. A box with 3 animals in it (two adults, one baby) for less than 4€.
I saw rhino, crocodiles, zebras, leopards, bears and maybe others I forgot...
I took the "leopards" out of curiousity. I have to say they are some of the best fakes I've seen so far Shocked

I can post pictures of it if someone is interested.
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Neptune wrote:
A few weeks ago I went to the shop "Action" (in France) and saw that they sells some fake Schleich. A box with 3 animals in it (two adults, one baby) for less than 4€.
I saw rhino, crocodiles, zebras, leopards, bears and maybe others I forgot...
I took the "leopards" out of curiousity. I have to say they are some of the best fakes I've seen so far Shocked

I can post pictures of it if someone is interested.

Yes, please ! I would love to see pictures Very Happy

Neptune

Neptune

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Here's the "family"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They looks more brownish and don't have detailed paint job and of course the gobal quality of Schleich isn't here but overall the paint is nicer than most copies and the plastic feels like the real ones.

The "dad" is based on the 14359 jaguar (no little spots insides and the claws are badly paint)

The "mom" is based on the 14360 leopard (the nicest of the 3 I think)

And the baby is based on 14399 leopard cub (no blue eyes and the nose is too dark and big)

The mold are the exact same as the real ones (as well as the size and the weight), no big creases in the plastic like some fakes I've seen before in this shop, and no marking on the belly
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Thankyou very much for the quick ansver, and the lovely and informative photos !!! Applause

Yes, they surely look nice, even if people ought to not make copies Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it is really interesting and with great pictures!
That is really curious that they used a jaguar mould to make a leopard, the mould is really good for a jaguar. If they used the mould of the Papo jaguar it would work better for a leopard.
I am also very impressed with the quality of some knock-offs, namely the dense pvc they use that is quite similar to the real thing, I only don't know if chemically it is the same. To be honest, I don't know if I was able of avoiding these figures if they used the moulds of the rarest Lineol IV generation figures to make pvc copies. I wonder how would look the giant sable, the eland, the moose, the elephants or any other of the masterpieces of that series.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Roger wrote:
.........To be honest, I don't know if I was able of avoiding these figures if they used the moulds of the rarest Lineol IV generation figures to make pvc copies. I wonder how would look the giant sable, the eland, the moose, the elephants or any other of the masterpieces of that series.

What an interesting idea !!! affraid cheers drunken

Wallace98

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 12:53 pm

A few months ago I found a plastic toy horse half-buried in sand on the beach. I took it home, and it turns out it's a bootleg copy of my retired Schleich liver bay thoroughbred gelding (who is ironically named Seahorse!)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

That is wonderful cheers

Imagine the probablity of you finding a model horse in the sand on the beach + that it is a copy of a model you already have + that your first model's name is Seahorse affraid

I have completely forgotten how to calculate probabilities, but I would say it is near impossible study scratch study Rolling Eyes
But fortunately impossible things do sometimes happen, - isn't life wonderful ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 2:34 pm

What a coincidence!!
That must surely be a bootleg copy that is special! Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Wallace98

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:31 pm

here is Seahorse and his long-lost cousin
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:47 pm

I'm glad Seahorse has now been reunited! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:48 pm

The sand-horse seems to have managed well during his ordeal cheers

But I think he is a very far-away cousin, isn't he ? Laughing

Wallace98

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 11:36 pm

Well the knockoff horse is one I've seen before - I don't think he was washed up from another countrg. Some kid probably left him behind
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 7:16 pm

This topic is very interesting and I've been thinking about it for a bit- are these Chinese copies made illegally by other companies? How do they do it, are the figures as close a copy as they can get or do they use the same mold? If it's the same mold- how have they acquired it? There are many many dogs that I have seen made as Schleich/ Papo copies and I'm not sure whether you would recommend I get them? It could be interesting as Roger said with his foxes, to complete a collection if you only collect one animal, but then I don't want to support this kind of business if they are doing it illegally... scratch Very Happy
As always I would be so grateful for any answers to these questions! sunny bounce
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:36 pm

If they were doing it illegally many major brands would be very, very rich due to them suing the knock-off manufactures after they copy their figurines.

I think these knock-off companies buy in many different Schleich, Papo, CollectA etc and use the figures to make a mould and then just make thousands of copies with a cheaper material and sell them off on websites like eBay and in certain toy shops like The Entertainer

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Good point Adam, thank you! Very Happy
And yes I guess that's what they do, buy the models themselves and then make copies, thank you!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 pm

I'd like to know more about this too. I wonder whether the knock-offs sometimes even come from the same factories. The sculpts are often virtually identical, they are often copies of discontinued models and both the knock-offs and originals are made in China. I wonder whether companies such as Schleich even agree this with their factories.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!   Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused! Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Chinese copies... I'm confused!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next