Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life

Go down 
+8
Bowhead Whale
bmathison1972
halichoeres
Pardofelis
widukind
SUSANNE
landrover
QuollMate
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life Empty
PostSubject: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 12:04 am

Hi STS! I've been a bit busy with college, but I'm still collecting remotely. I've been beefing up my prehistoric sea life collection and have quite a bit to share. Let's see what you guys have!

Here is my Paleozoic coral reef. It excludes the Cambrian period. For advice on how to create a diorama like mine, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is my Cambrian reef, which also includes a very small population of Ediacaran/Vendian sea life. For information on how to create a diorama like mine, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Finally, here is my Mesozoic ocean diorama. My brother had to send me a photo since I am away. It is only marginally edited so the darker-colored figures are visible.

I have unopened PNSO that I will add eventually, and some Play Visions marine reptiles on the way from AliExpress. When I return to Denver, those will be shared. My Yujin UHK Miracle Planet Kimberella arrives this week, and I will post that immediately (I shipped it to my university P.O. Box because I want to see it and take it back to Denver with me in March).

Share away!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 am

Is other world, full of rare creatures.

Very nice, Applause congratulations

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 am

WOW !! What fabulous dioramas ! And very, very interesting to see them divided in periods study

A real impressive start to this great topic cheers Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 am

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Here are three Safari TOOBs with prehistoric creatures :

Yop down :
Safari 679904 Prehistoric Sharks TOOB
Safari 682404 Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB
Safari 677104 Cambrian Life TOOB

I am not sure if all the latter are sea life, but they look like it.
Can somebody tell me ? study

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 3:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

If it's Cambrian, is obligatedly sealife... life on mainland didn't began until Devonian.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

If it's Cambrian, is obligatedly sealife... life on mainland didn't began until Devonian.

Thankyou VERY much for the info , - I need to study some more about prehistoric wildlife Embarassed

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Great topic, and nice dioramas, QuollMate!

Sadly, all three of those Toobs that Susanne showed are now discontinued. Safari has almost no interesting prehistoric Toobs remaining.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 pm

halichoeres wrote:
Great topic, and nice dioramas, QuollMate!

Sadly, all three of those Toobs that Susanne showed are now discontinued. Safari has almost no interesting prehistoric Toobs remaining.

So right ! Both Wink

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Just in, my Yujin Kimberella. Special thanks to Brett for finding me this model, which I had been searching for since 2011.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 7:59 am

A very interesting model !! I never even heard of these critters before cheers

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:59 am

This SUY is right up my alley:

Not pictured: a handful of plush toys from TST Advance, which are in a box in the closet because they take up too much space.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:23 am

I have a lot to contribute too, here are a couple pics that happened to be handy:

Hallucigenia sparsa:

Anomalocaris canadensis:

Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 am

halichoeres wrote:
This SUY is right up my alley:

Not pictured: a handful of plush toys from TST Advance, which are in a box in the closet because they take up too much space.

Wow! Great collection! What brand is the Tully Monster next to the PNSO Odontochelys? Would love to get one myself. Also, is the saw fish in the first picture a prehistoric one, or generic one from a tube set? Hella jealous of the Tedco/COG ayesheaia. Too bad they didn’t bring that one back.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 12:51 pm

That Tully Monster is by Trilobiti out of Italy.

Here is one from forum member Jetoar (Paleo-Creatures) which is undoubtedly less expensive :):

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Yup, Blaine's right about the Trilobiti Tully monster. It can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The sawfish is Onchopristis, 3D-printed from Shapeways: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It took me a long time to find the COG Aysheaia. I ended up getting it in a trade, which is how I've ended up with a lot of my rarer pieces.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:25 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 pm

This is seriously fantastic bounce cheers Applause cheers

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm

I forgot that I have individual photos of all my TST Advance plushes! I would much rather have smaller, more realistic versions of all of these, but prehistoric fishes are few and far between (except Dunkleosteus and the very boring megalodon).

Belantsea, Panderichthys, Elginerpeton, Dipnorhynchus
Phyllolepis, Doryaspis, Thelodus, Haikouichthys
Xidazoon (=Pomatrum), Vetulicola
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 9:53 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
That Tully Monster is by Trilobiti out of Italy.

Here is one from forum member Jetoar (Paleo-Creatures) which is undoubtedly less expensive :):

Thanks for showing me this. Admittedly, I prefer toy figures as opposed to models. I saw on one of your arthropod threads at Animal Toy Forum that you got a miniature Tully Monster freebie from Paleocasts (Patrick May). I messaged him asking if he had any more and I haven’t heard back. What’s that figure made out of, and how big would you say it is? I’d happily take one if he has more.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 3:37 pm

The smaller one? It's packed away as I am making room on my shelves for the best synoptic representatives. I'll try to hunt down that info soon. The Paleo-Creatures one is prob the same size as the Trilobiti one.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm

halichoeres wrote:
I forgot that I have individual photos of all my TST Advance plushes! I would much rather have smaller, more realistic versions of all of these, but prehistoric fishes are few and far between (except Dunkleosteus and the very boring megalodon).

Belantsea, Panderichthys, Elginerpeton, Dipnorhynchus
Phyllolepis, Doryaspis, Thelodus, Haikouichthys
Xidazoon (=Pomatrum), Vetulicola

WOW !!! I would never have imagined that these models exist as plushes affraid cheers bounce cheers

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 am

Just arrived back at my place in Denver. Special thanks to my brother for sending me this photo. My new Play Visions prehistoric marine reptiles from AliExpress. I've been after the set for awhile, and it feels good to finally have it. My late grandparents spent the last ~30 years of their lives in Nevada, and often talked about the giant Triassic ichthyosaurs that you can visit in the Nevada desert. Shonisaurus is now quite special to me because of that.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm

That's interesting! Suggests PV sold the molds to someone. Do they still have the 1998 and PV stamps?

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 pm

halichoeres wrote:
That's interesting! Suggests PV sold the molds to someone. Do they still have the 1998 and PV stamps?

Wing Mau has been releasing/producing PV models, and they are stamped with the same name and year, same good quality plastic, and same paint jobs. Either they are being reproduced very well, or they got a hold of some batches that never reached the market (I favor the former).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life   February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2019 SUY: Prehistoric Sea Life
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next